Noble Group *Official* (SGX: CGP)

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I read that, I was like... why is bbb- to bb+ a downgrade then I notice 1 lesser B... :s22:
Why they can't use numbers instead of this complicated AAA, BBB, CCC thing...

Different rating firm have different rating system.
+ means stable in that category. Anyway, noble needs to work extremely hard now to win back investors' confidence.

Q1 result more or less the same as what i have expected, but i din expect the decrease in profit due to working capital constraint(they need to hold more cash as a requirement for the refinancing deal).

Someone here mentioned about the increase in interest rate on refinancing deal, I think this is the common trend for all the loans now. Furthermore, noble is using a combination of long term and short term financing instrument to cover their cash requirement.
Long term debt means the 2020 bond and 2018 bond issued by Noble.
And for your information, despite multiple downgrades(except for the first downgrade, the first downgrade had impact) from credit rating firms, noble bond has only one direction, which is only up.

My only conclusion is that it is much easier to bet on noble non bankruptcy than Noble profit turn around.

That feeling sucks, coz I intend to buy Noble bond since last 2 months.
And my noble holding decreased in value. :(

giant_ice

Reaction score
just entered Noble yesterday, then at night there was rating drop news..so unlucky....

Any hope on this counter?

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current drop more like market sentiment weak, unlikely Coz by the rating lah. The news was release yesterday at 445 pm before market close.

just entered Noble yesterday, then at night there was rating drop news..so unlucky....

Any hope on this counter?

Applebonkers

Reaction score
Scarly he is trading leh ?

:s13:

Even trading is still a cut for me. I wont even wanna average down for a stock like Noble. TA just doesn't work for N21. If wanna flip then wait for the price to go down below 0.30. BB are flushing out contra retailers who trapped at 0.325.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dig back the last few pages. I did mention the recent rebound was a good chance to sell.

When comes to investing, you need to be rational and firm. If a company is not doing well, just sell. Doesn't matter if you are sitting at a loss. Just bite your ego and move on.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even trading is still a cut for me. I wont even wanna average down for a stock like Noble. TA just doesn't work for N21. If wanna flip then wait for the price to go down below 0.30. BB are flushing out contra retailers who trapped at 0.325.

First, who the F will DCA in term of trading ? lol

Second, obviously I am sitting down here waiting to dip below 0.30 and slowly wait for opportunity as it closed with bearish candle.

:s13:

Last edited:

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya lor DCA is for value investing
for trading must have stop loss and take profit levels

In the short term, the stock market is a voting machine.

In the long term, the stock market is a weighing machine.

:s12:

xSieghartx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the good news of selling their energy company balances out the bad news, price isn't moving much.

xSieghartx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noble Group Ltd. said Yusuf Alireza resigned as chief executive officer and announced a plan to sell part of its gas and power unit less than a month after Alireza himself described Noble Americas Energy Solutions as one of the core assets it wanted to keep.

CEO mentioned earlier this month that this unit's a core asset, now suddenly want to sell, could be Chairman's decision. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.