*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
$10 minimum commission is lower. I am peasant too. It is not much a issue for me. The last trade I made has the total cost of EUR11.73. I think it is ok for me.

I believe that young people will be able to afford when they earn a lot and save money during working phase.

Sorry, buy and sell one stock is $50, that's one week of my ezlink expenses already

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think SCB trap alot of our investments with them in the last few years, now time to launch the min. brokerage. Sianz...:vijayadmin:

I am afraid next would be the custody fees!!!

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I scared few years down the road, they will chut new pattern like custodian fees, div admin fees etc.

-peasant silver serpent who lost his eat snake past time hobby of cheap trading thrills :(

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7e2d7b40aac2ff3ac54afc9a7689ff56.jpg

which stage are you guys in? :(

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, buy and sell one stock is $50, that's one week of my ezlink expenses already

I understand if you trade a lot. No problem la. I just don't trade a lot. Infrequent transactions. It would helps for some people who adopt infrequent trades.

You have done well to share an interesting information about custody fee. I understand why you misunderstand. As you see, it is not fair for me to get such accusation from you like that.

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
i think SCB trap alot of our investments with them in the last few years, now time to launch the min. brokerage. Sianz...:vijayadmin:

I am afraid next would be the custody fees!!!

The thing is scb is making a loss so they will have to find profit else collapse.

Worries is along the way they may start custodian fee by then if u got lot of small holding sell incurred loss, hold pay fee. Both way also ....

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
tmrw i sell everything go apply for dbs online equtiy trading liao knn

JuzMobile

Reaction score
Wah lao, account not even up yet, got bad news in regards to fee liao. Now not sure wanna even chase them for the trading account liao.
So at this point of time, which platform is better?? :s22:

quekster13

Reaction score
erm... this forum, got quite a few ppl with 5 figure portfolio with 50-100 stocks using SCB u know?

u like that say, shooting a lot of ppl LOL

Wah lan eh... I spent the whole day working didn't read the forum. Now I see this...

Hong kan liao lor... I am one of those people... Now I'm damn sad... Time to sell sell sell and consolidate for bulk purchases FIFO following Unker 88 and Dividend Warrior.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wah collateral trading confirm liao ah......... haiz
guess the days of contra ending riao

It's sooner or later, that's why brokerage in Singapore are trying to "accumulate" as many shares as possible in their custodian

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your min trade size is 10k?

Something like that. Started doing that in 2014 onwards. Before that year, I trade like you guys.

why u using SCB?

if u really invest big... can open premium or private banking account already, get lower rates, better products, better service ma

Why SCB? No custody fee and inactivity fees.

I didn't meet the requirement for premium or private banking account in the first place. I am slowly building up first and then check their costs again in few years later.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u say u trade big, yet your portfolio not more than 200k

lol

your trade big is how big sia? i very curious~

Well, your time will come when you can trade like that. Over time, your trade will get bigger and bigger if you lose less.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u say u trade big, yet your portfolio not more than 200k

lol

your trade big is how big sia? i very curious~

He mentioned about $11 eur comm. Based on 0.2% should be $5000

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI this is my SG portfolio
https://www.sgxcafe.com/user/profile?username=felixleong

I usually trade between 5-20k per buy or sell

I never considered using SCB

even for US or HK market, I stick to my OCBC

if your portfolio is big enough, your broker can waive all your fees to maintain the business... they just earn via commission

no need to use SCB just to save on those custodian fees... makes no sense, u said u trade US market right....

u pay like 2-3% forex spread(10k trade u lose $200-300).... lose so much $$$, u save a few dollars custodian fee... overall so bo hua sia, isnt it?

I saw your link few weeks ago. Keep it up. I see no point to comment about your portfolio as stock market move up and down all the time.

I have iocbc but never use it to buy US or HK stocks. The key issue is that I don't trade infrequently. My broker won't waive that. I have no issue. I am only interested in gaining access to many markets worldwide as long as the cost is reasonable.

I liked IB but dislike inactivity fee. I trade like one to three times a year - too low for brokers to waive like that.

It is true that SCB exchange rate is bad. I don't worry about it because I rarely convert them back to SGD. Just compound the profit and gains will outweigh costs.

tinky123

Reaction score
FYI this is my SG portfolio
https://www.sgxcafe.com/user/profile?username=felixleong

I usually trade between 5-20k per buy or sell

I never considered using SCB

even for US or HK market, I stick to my OCBC

if your portfolio is big enough, your broker can waive all your fees to maintain the business... they just earn via commission

no need to use SCB just to save on those custodian fees... makes no sense, u said u trade US market right....

u pay like 2-3% forex spread(10k trade u lose $200-300).... lose so much $$$, u save a few dollars custodian fee... overall so bo hua sia, isnt it?

why felix kor kor got stocks in odd numbers one? is it odd lot?

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u can get normal exchange rate with 50 basis points spread, u save a lot more than paying say 250 basis points spread to SCB

u save 2% on spread, u compound the profits even faster right? as compared to the few dollars in custodian fees......

Actually, the first post I made here is 'targeting priority banking'. It means i don't have that status now.

Few years ago, I remembered there was foreign accounts meant for priority banking. The idea is to deposit foreign currency into foreign currency and I move them about to brokerage account A or B. I was interested to get one. This remains the same today.

I don't worry about spread as long as I earn a lot of profit. Let say compound the net profit. Cheers. Custody fee is sucky when it charge you per quarter. I convert SGD to foreign currency like once a year. The cost for this is really small.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honest summary

Haolian post but failed

keep trying to show that u are different from your perceived SCB cheapos, and that you trade "bigger"

but end up your trade size 5k nia.... and portfolio not even 200k..yet keep saying u big/large

LOL

good nights

wtf. Is it haolian post? I don't see myself different from SCB cheapos.

I did trade 10K before. I already mentioned that it started from 2014 onwards.

Just few ten thousands shy if I add up all brokerage accounts which I left stocks in there. I think it is quite large for an average person.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.