All Latest Brokerages Sign Up Promotions; Rewards; Additional Offers.

webdeveloper

Reaction score
Looks like DBS Vickers Cash Upfront is currently the cheapest brokerage for buying stocks, at net 0.06% commission rate, if you buy the correct amount

thealphalion.com/2017/02/best-brokerage-for-buying-stocks-in-singapore-february-to-june-2017/

What do you mean by correct amount? As in number of shares bought?

Kuniyo

Reaction score
Guys, I'm pretty new, and would like to seek your advice.

I'm on StanChart now, and I understand that SC is a custodian of all my shares bought on that platform (not really comfortable with the arrangement though).
I'm thinking of investing via another platform (Smartly.sg) since I do a lot of ETF investing anyway. Should I close my StanChart account and move my shares to another account (is that how it works)?

What do you think I should do?

waxqube

Reaction score

I'm on StanChart now, and I understand that SC is a custodian of all my shares bought on that platform (not really comfortable with the arrangement though).
I'm thinking of investing via another platform (Smartly.sg) since I do a lot of ETF investing anyway. Should I close my StanChart account and move my shares to another account (is that how it works)?

Smartly also keeps your shares in a custodian account... Why do you need to close your StanChart account anyway? Currently there is no fees for maintaining an account, so why not keep it open? Selling/transferring will probably incur fees too.

Chan238

Reaction score

but i think they are one of the cheapest (if you are priority customer), in the unlikely event they go under, creditors wouldn't be able to touch your shares, it is separate from SC's assets. i am using them too, have checked this part with them...

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
using the DBS vickers cash upfront.
can i sell shares that are under CDP and still get their promo rates? and also the $5 rebate for sell execution?

for selling (shares under cdp), who is cheaper, POEMS or Vickers?

mmchaisi

Reaction score
Looks like DBS Vickers Cash Upfront is currently the cheapest brokerage for buying stocks, at net 0.06% commission rate, if you buy the correct amount

Is there a diff between DBS Treasures online trading and Vickers Cash Upfront? Former doesn’t seem to have this promo

stamploversg

Reaction score
Anyone opening a new brokerage account for Singapore stocks recently?

Read that SCB is no longer the best and DBS Vickers Cash Upfront is probably better.

Can anyone share experience? Looking to buy stocks and ETFs at SGX in Singapore (no overseas).

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there
i have a few odd lots of ComfortDelgro, StarHub, SingTel, SBSTransit shares left to me by my deceased father.
i have a CDP account & a UOBKay Hian trading account.
as i would just like to sell off all these counters at one go & no longer wish to trade in shares what is lowest fee way to sell them?
would having odd lots be an issue ?
thanks

NeoJava

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which platform is the cheapest for selling stocks in CDP?
sign up new broker account, most will provide 3 free trade. e.g Maybank Kim Eng.

other than the rates are pretty standard at $25 min. You can try FSMone too.

NeoJava

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone opening a new brokerage account for Singapore stocks recently?

Read that SCB is no longer the best and DBS Vickers Cash Upfront is probably better.

Can anyone share experience? Looking to buy stocks and ETFs at SGX in Singapore (no overseas).
if you intend to keep shares at CDP, you can forget about SCB.

If you are willing to put cash upfront + login via iBanking, DBS Vickers is cheapest for BUY only, sell will incur the expensive rate.

If you don't mind custodian account e.g SCB, local brokage houses are way cheaper for Singapore stocks, 0.12% vs 0.18%. SCB advantage is on foreign shares.

Example: Maybank Kim Eng, signup online entitles you to 5 free trade for cashupfront custodian account.

NeoJava

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there
i have a few odd lots of ComfortDelgro, StarHub, SingTel, SBSTransit shares left to me by my deceased father.
i have a CDP account & a UOBKay Hian trading account.
as i would just like to sell off all these counters at one go & no longer wish to trade in shares what is lowest fee way to sell them?
would having odd lots be an issue ?
thanks
Check if your broker allows you to trade odd-lots market online. Last I heard poems has it.

Else if your broker sell for you, min comm $40.

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Reaction score
How about buying us stock? Any recommendations for bto jet or trading platform?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.