HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

All Latest Brokerages Sign Up Promotions; Rewards; Additional Offers.

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm sure all local brokerages firms will be watching this thread closely too so if anyone know of any attractive promotion offer by your brokerages, please sic here haha so that we can tell our broker to get their firms to match or better the ofter
Thanks sinkie, already mail in the application form for Cimb.
Sinkie likes this.
Old 24-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

StanChart, StanChart, lumber 1!

TiOnGSquare likes this.

Last edited by Asphodeli; 24-01-2015 at 10:16 PM..
Asphodeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #33

Enjoy a flat commission rate of S$9.88 for online SGX trades less than 1000 shares and contract value less than or equal to S$3,888 from 21 January 2015 to 27 February 2015.

Thanks for the head up, will update the new share board lot lor post

yes, for share less than 1000, this is confirmed the cheapest le

hi... i try buying 900 units..but comm is still at the OLD $25...
why idea why?
wealthybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #34
Great Supremacy Member

why idea why?
i guess because it will be a rebate type of system? u pay $25 first, then they will rebate u $15.12??
Perisher likes this.
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #35
wwf

i guess because it will be a rebate type of system? u pay $25 first, then they will rebate u $15.12??
i also buy see charge at $25.
Think will rebate later but maybe write in to enquiry better.

If they forget rebate $$$ gone...
wwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #36
Banned

why idea why?
normally they will rebate after promo ends
put into trust or something

better check with your broker
wealthybunny likes this.
felixleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #37
Great Supremacy Member

normally they will rebate after promo ends
put into trust or something

better check with your broker
usually at the end of the promotional period, they will run a report then rebate the difference into those accounts trust one.
wealthybunny likes this.
Old 30-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #38
Great Supremacy Member

SINGAPORE: With Singapore Exchange (SGX) cutting the size of board lots, some broking firms are giving discounts on commission fees for investors trading in fewer than 1,000 shares. Industry watchers have said commission fees should be adjusted beyond the promotional period, but broking firms said this will squeeze their margins.

Broking house Phillip Securities is charging its clients lower commission for online trades, from Jan 19 to Feb 27. This applies to orders of fewer than 1,000 shares and less than S$3,500.

It is among several other firms running promotions, ranging from a 30 per cent rebate off brokerage commission charge or the minimum brokerage commission fee with OCBC Securities, to three free trades with Maybank Kim Eng. As part of its promotions, DBS Vickers has lowered the minimum commission it charges to S$9.88, while over at Lim & Tan, the minimum has been reduced to S$10.

The broking houses are hoping to attract new clients, after SGX reduced the board lot size, from 1,000 shares to 100.

Industry observers said long-term fee adjustments should be considered.

Typically, the minimum commission charged by most broking houses in Singapore is S$25 for online trades and S$40 for offline. Now that the board lot size has been reduced, industry watchers said trading fees too should be adjusted to encourage retail investors to tap new investment opportunities with smaller lots.

Mr Jimmy Ho, president of the Society of Remisiers (Singapore), said: "My view is to go have two tiers with S$2,000 transaction value as a marker. For offline to be reduced, if below S$2,000, to S$20, and for online, S$15. Given the correct pricing structure with no harm on both ends, this initiative can take off."

However, Phillip Securities said that even though the transaction value may be lower, its fixed cost remains unchanged. For example, SGX charges 35 cents per trade, regardless of the value of the trade.

Mr Loh Hoon Sun, managing director of Phillip Securities, said: "For a broking firm to process a trade, from getting the order, to the dealer keying in and buying the stock for you, getting out the contract, getting payment from the client, getting the shares into their CDP account - it is a long process to get the trade done.

“And whether that trade is S$1,000, S$50,000 or S$100,000, it is the same. So there is a fixed cost for doing business or for executing a trade. So we really cannot bring the minimum too low, that it will not cover our cost."

The change in board lot size has just kicked in, and industry watchers said that so far, there has not been a significant increase in new account openings.

Some said more can be done to draw retail investors to the market. Mr David Gerald, president and CEO of Securities Investors Association (Singapore), said: "Brokers and traders need to consider seriously whether they are going to reduce their broking fee for small board lots, encourage their clients to invest more, bring in new clients - they are in a good position to do that.

‘They can also provide professional advisory services, help them to understand the stocks and companies … give them research reports in a very simple way and hold their hand. The small investors need to be assisted that way. And I think that way, they will have confidence and more will come into the market."

SGX said retail participation is now about a third of market volume, down from a high of 45 per cent in 2013.

- CNA/ms

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...e/1609046.html
Old 30-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #39

rebate is only for new account opening

you can ask your cimb broker for personal rebate ba
hehe sinkie think you are my broker. Can ask you for personal rebate?
urameshi_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #40
Great Supremacy Member

hehe sinkie think you are my broker. Can ask you for personal rebate?
Whatsapp me lor
Old 31-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #41

Wah maybe can sticky this for 6 months?
Good thread, deserved to be sticky

But bookmarked first to keep track of new promotion
slingshotpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #42
Great Supremacy Member

Cimb Securities New Account Opening Promotion

Term and Conditions
https://www.itradecimb.com.sg/app/ho...ate%202015.pdf
Perisher likes this.

Last edited by Sinkie; 05-02-2015 at 05:36 PM..
Old 05-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #43
Junior Moderator

Is this like a cashback thing that pays you back on a later date or immediately will be free once you trade?
Any sgx counter also can right?
Can open at any cimb counter right?
Perisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #44
Great Supremacy Member

Is this like a cashback thing that pays you back on a later date or immediately will be free once you trade?
Any sgx counter also can right?
Can open at any cimb counter right?
Is a "cashback" rebate after all 1888 orders are executed by the new accounts that are just opened, on May 31st 2015

You can buy or sell any sgx counters as long the contract value not more than $9000.00 and is not more than 900 shares

Can only open at Singapore land tower office, or online application (please choose "print and send" for faster processing) or print the account opening forms pdf and mail in

But abit wasted it's only for new account opening nia, I would have thought its for existing customers..
Perisher likes this.

Last edited by Sinkie; 05-02-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Old 05-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #45
Junior Moderator

Singapore land tower?
At this place only?

Raffles Place
50 Raffles Place #01-02
Singapore Land Tower
Singapore 048623
Phone: (+65) 6333 7777
Fax: (+65) 6557 2213

Counter Services:
9.00am - 4.30pm (Mon - Fri)
9.00am - 1.00pm (Sat)

Personal Banking Services & CIMB Preferred:
9.00am - 6.00pm (Mon - Fri)
9.00am - 1.00pm (Sat)
Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday

If for existing then not many will apply to open already since existing will already execute the bulk of that 1888 trade within a week.
wahkao3 likes this.
Perisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.