B-A-T…..(Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent)

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BABA is on steroids……………….sometimes i feel strangely weird that it is so easy to make $$$.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After acquiring a stake in Yonghui, Tencent has taken a stake in Carrefour....... ! I recall one edmwer wanted to buy Tencent at the $200 level. Did he? Horse left stable liao.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
E-commerce conglomerate Alibaba Group Holding on Wednesday joined an elite global tech club of companies with a market capitalisation of US$500 billion that includes China’s Tencent Holdings and US giants like Apple, Alphabet, the parent of Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook.

Shares of Alibaba briefly touched an all-time high of US$198.86 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange, taking its market capitalisation to US$500.8 billion and making it the second Chinese tech firm to reach the milestone after Tencent on November 20. The shares eventually closed 1.7 per cent higher at US$195.53.

The rise in shares came after New York-based investment bank Oppenheimer Holdings reiterated an outperform rating for Alibaba’s stock with a US$220 price target on Wednesday.

CONGRATS to edmwers who are huating big with me………….!

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my fluke call on JD also producing results…………..really mother/father LUCK smiling on us….

JD will fly…………..founder at Davos said it is going to have secondary listing in HK or Shanghai.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod, Perisher Sir.

Can amend title bo? Pl include T-M-D

Investors may know the Chinese tech trio of "BAT" (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent), but one banker recommends watching "TMD" — meaning Toutiao, Meituan-Dianping and Didi Chuxing.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod, Perisher Sir.

Can amend title bo? Pl include T-M-D

Investors may know the Chinese tech trio of "BAT" (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent), but one banker recommends watching "TMD" — meaning Toutiao, Meituan-Dianping and Didi Chuxing.

rts1449m.jpg

rts1h3sj.jpg

rts1baml.jpg

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is about B.A.T but I am going to use it to talk about their competitors too………….tonite Weibo might correct ? If it corrects, can pick up bo>>>

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MON, JAN 29, 2018 - 4:45 PM
[KUALA LUMPUR] Alibaba Group will set up a traffic control system harnessing artificial intelligence for Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, its first such service outside China, as the e-commerce giant pushes to grow its cloud computing business.

Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, said on Monday it plans to make live traffic predictions and recommendations to increase traffic efficiency in Kuala Lumpur by crunching data gathered from video footage, traffic bureaus, public transportation systems and mapping apps.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have run out of HK$ to buy more Tencent…………..Did any1 buy the USD ADR listed in Nasdaq? Do u know which bank deposited the ADRs for the counter?

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you guys have not seen the results released yet?

Freaking 56% increase in revenue!! I regret selling off so eary

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.