Capitaland Investment (CLI) *Official* (SGX: 9CI)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
CapitaLand expects H1 net profit to be 'materially and adversely' impacted

CapitaLand expects H1 net profit to be 'materially and adversely' impacted

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...rofit-to-be-materially-and-adversely-impacted

CAPITALAND on Monday said it expects the group's total profit after tax and minority interests (PATMI) for the six months ended June 30, 2020 to be "materially and adversely" impacted, based on preliminary estimates.

Operating PATMI - which refers to profit from business operations excluding any gains or losses from divestments, revaluations and impairments - is expected to reduce by 25 per cent to 35 per cent from S$361.3 million for the first half last year, the property group said.

Meanwhile, cash PATMI, comprising operating PATMI and portfolio gains, is expected to tumble by 40 to 50 per cent from S$496 million for H1 2019.

CapitaLand added that it has adopted annual valuation in December with effect from 2020. This means that any revaluation gains or losses on investment properties will only be recorded in its full-year results. For H1 2019, the group recorded revaluation gains of S$379.4 million.

"Nevertheless, CapitaLand will continue to recognise its share of any revaluation gains or losses recorded and announced by its listed investments," it said.

The group expects to release its financial results for the first half this year in early August.

Shares in CapitaLand closed at S$3.04 on Friday, up S$0.03 or 1 per cent.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DRIP price is $2.767 so I guess is worth it to take shares even though end up with odd lot....

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
CapitaLand expects H1 total Patmi to sink 85-95% on share of CCT, CMT losses

CapitaLand expects H1 total Patmi to sink 85-95% on share of CCT, CMT losses

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...atmi-to-sink-85-95-on-share-of-cct-cmt-losses

CAPITALAND on Monday updated its profit guidance for the six months ended June 30, 2020 with expectations that its total Patmi (profit after tax and minority interests) will be reduced by 85-95 per cent from the S$875.4 million recorded a year ago.

This is after taking into account a S$159.9 million effective share of revaluation losses from two of its listed investments, CapitaLand Mall Trust (CMT) and CapitaLand Commercial Trust (CCT), the property group said in a bourse filing.

It added that the trusts' financial results incorporated a loss on revaluation of their respective investment properties totalling about S$553.9 million.

The group has an interest of 28.49 per cent in CMT, and 29.42 per cent in CCT. CMT posted its Q2 results on July 23, and CCT on July 22.

CapitaLand added that there are no changes to the expected reduction in operating Patmi and cash Patmi disclosed in its earlier profit guidance on July 6.

The company said then that its operating Patmi - which refers to profit from business operations excluding any gains or losses from divestments, revaluations and impairments - is expected to decline by 25 per cent to 35 per cent for H1 2020, from the S$361.3 million it posted a year ago.

Meanwhile, cash Patmi - comprising operating Patmi and portfolio gains - is expected to tumble by 40 to 50 per cent, from S$496 million previously.

CapitaLand will release its results before the start of trading on Aug 7.

Shares of CapitaLand were trading at S$2.81 as at 10.41am on Monday, down S$0.01 or 0.4 per cent after the announcement.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DRIP price is $2.767 so I guess is worth it to take shares even though end up with odd lot....

wah lucky in the end i didn't elect to take DRIP because i didn't want odd lots.

EDIT: queuing at $2.73 instead :s13:

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lucky in the end i didn't elect to take DRIP because i didn't want odd lots.

EDIT: queuing at $2.73 instead :s13:

Below MA5, MA20, MA50 and MA 200

Good to buy meh? Selling pressure also quite strong.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Below MA5, MA20, MA50 and MA 200

Good to buy meh? Selling pressure also quite strong.

Capitaland is on my long term accumulate list. Short-term agree got selling pressure but its my favoured counter vs Frasers Property/ City Dev/ Capita REITs.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Capitaland is on my long term accumulate list. Short-term agree got selling pressure but its my favoured counter vs Frasers Property/ City Dev/ Capita REITs.

icic noted. Thank you for the explanation.

RedsYWNA

Reaction score
May i know why u guys prefer this counter over CapitaMall trust?

China residential developments, and for its diversified portfolio.

In a year's time from first wave - ie March 2021, SG mall vacancy and rents will be under severe pressure if Covid-19 continues.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May i know why u guys prefer this counter over CapitaMall trust?

overly concentrated in Singapore.

Though they hold abit of China thru their investment in CapitaLand Retail China Trust, but the main bulk still heavy Singapore.

Last edited:

Heartyman

Reaction score
Did my analysis, decided to load in 5000 unit on Capitaland. I feel less risk than Capitaland Mall Trust and Capitaland Commercial Trust.

Dividend seems good for long term is it is stable and increasing slightly.

Any price below $2.90 is a good deal. Hold 2-3 years can sell for good money as I value it at $3.40-3.75 range at 2023.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did my analysis, decided to load in 5000 unit on Capitaland. I feel less risk than Capitaland Mall Trust and Capitaland Commercial Trust.

Dividend seems good for long term is it is stable and increasing slightly.

Any price below $2.90 is a good deal. Hold 2-3 years can sell for good money as I value it at $3.40-3.75 range at 2023.
u realise those are historical dividend right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.