HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Vicker Trading account & DBS Treasures

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #16

Yeah hope they add stop loss, watchlist, Good till date as well. I believe they will improve it ! already ahead of SCB with iweath app
mrkkriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #17
Master Member

Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them
Treasures on-line trading is 0.12% for SGX at the moment.
limpoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #18

Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them
Just to clarify. Custodian fee is only for foreign stocks. Not for SGX stocks.

Many people dont use vickers for foreign stocks cuz of this fee anyway.
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #19

Oh didn't know they adjusted it to 0.12% ? since when? last week i traded a few was charged 0.18%

even the online portal stated this..
Singapore 0.18% No minimum Waived
Old 25-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #20

Stated below on their website

DBS Vickers will charge SGD 2 per stock per month and capped at SGD 150 per quarter. We will waive the custodian fee if there are at least 2 transactions per month or 6 transactions per quarter.

Please note that custodian fees will be chargeable every quarter on the 11th of January, April, July and October, or the next working day if falls on a non-working day. Customers under the GIRO payment arrangement will have the charges debited from their bank accounts if there are insufficient funds in their trading accounts.
Old 25-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #21

Aiya i think you got it all confused with Vickers. The comm rate for treasure online equity trading now is still 0.18%. Just texted my RM. And i tried trading also charged 0.18%
Old 25-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #22
Master Member

Oh didn't know they adjusted it to 0.12% ? since when? last week i traded a few was charged 0.18%

even the online portal stated this..
Singapore 0.18% No minimum Waived
I just did a trade yesterday:

Clearing Fee SGD −XX.XX
Trading fee SGD −XX.XX
Our commission @0.12% SGD −XX.XX
GST Chargeable Amount SGD −XX.XX
GST @ 7% SGD −XX.XX
Total SGD −XX.XX

Their website still showing 0.12%:

https://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures/pro...s-btnlearnmore

0.12% commission rate, no min for SG market + SGD5 rebate for each online trade
Old 25-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #23

So how do I get the $5 rebate?
Old 25-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #24
Master Member

So how do I get the $5 rebate?
Did you click the link above?

From 1 February 2017 to 30 June 2017, receive a SGD5 rebate off each online trade in all markets when you generate a minimum commission of SGD10. For this period, commission rates for SG and US trades have also been reduced so log in to the DBS Online Equity Trading Platform to start trading today.

NEW!
Complimentary access to Market Depth
Now you can enjoy complimentary access to view up to 10 levels of buy and sell prices. Trade in confidence as you monitor prices in real-time with the Advanced Market Data function on the DBS Online Equity Trading Platform

Notes:
Trades will automatically be amalgamated when the trades are of the same stock, currency, settlement mode and trade date as well as the same mode of trade.

The rebate is calculated based on the number of contracts.

Rebates will be calculated quarterly and credited into clients’ MCSA account by the end of the following month after each quarter. For example, rebate for trades executed from 1 February – 31 March will be credited into clients’ account by end April. Rebate for trades executed from 1 April – 30 June will be credited into clients’ account by end July.
Old 25-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #25

Stated below on their website

DBS Vickers will charge SGD 2 per stock per month and capped at SGD 150 per quarter. We will waive the custodian fee if there are at least 2 transactions per month or 6 transactions per quarter.

Please note that custodian fees will be chargeable every quarter on the 11th of January, April, July and October, or the next working day if falls on a non-working day. Customers under the GIRO payment arrangement will have the charges debited from their bank accounts if there are insufficient funds in their trading accounts.
Only for foreign shares like I said.
If you don't believe me, call Vickers to ask.
But, yes their website can write it more clearly.
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #26
Great Supremacy Member

damn sian the OET fees so expensive for non-sinkapore stocks... like vickers rates sia
Old 25-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #27

Noob question for vickers. I bought my first shares on 21 April 2017 using vickers. Til today, the shares are still in the holdings section. Does anyone know what is the difference between holding and the actual account? How long does it usually take to transfer to the my actual account?
Reakofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #28
Master Member

Noob question for vickers. I bought my first shares on 21 April 2017 using vickers. Til today, the shares are still in the holdings section. Does anyone know what is the difference between holding and the actual account? How long does it usually take to transfer to the my actual account?
Singapore works on T+3 settlement (transaction + 3 working days) so it should happen tomorrow.
lzydata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #29

DBS Vickers & DBS has custodian fee for foreign stocks? What a joke!
Better go other banks that don't impose custodian fees, e.g. Standard Chartered.

geppar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #30

Try TD Ameritrade Singapore. Cheaper Comm if u trade USA stocks
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.