HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Vicker Trading account & DBS Treasures

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

DBS Vicker Trading account & DBS Treasures

Hi

Just open DBS Vicker account today and next week, I should be joining DBS treasures.

I understand any trades done through DBS Cash upfront, the share will go to my CDP account, if I join Treasures, is it the shares will go into their custodian account instead?

Do I need to open a separate trading account with DBS treasure to enjoy no min commission trading?
ceciltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
Honorary Member

I think open thru dbs treasures better
Old 24-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #3

I think open thru dbs treasures better
Hehe, the DBS Vicker account already opened liao.
Old 24-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

paging for weaboo...

Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #5

The dbs treasures no min commission is under dbs custodian acct, different from the vickers one.
shareholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #6
Great Supremacy Member

yea its under dbs treasures custodian account... that one is log in under ur main ibanking page ahhh
Gnoixed likes this.
Old 24-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #7

Lightbulb

Hi

Just open DBS Vicker account today and next week, I should be joining DBS treasures.

I understand any trades done through DBS Cash upfront, the share will go to my CDP account, if I join Treasures, is it the shares will go into their custodian account instead?

Do I need to open a separate trading account with DBS treasure to enjoy no min commission trading?
For DBS Treasures, you do not need to open a separate trading account, it automatically comes with DBS Wealth which allows you to do investment/trades. Initially, you may need to provide proof of investment experience before you are allowed to purchase any form of equities. You might want to consult your relationship manager to speed up this part of the process. Its trading platform is similiar to DBS Vickers except that equities bought through DBS treasures/wealth will be stored with DBS being your custodian instead of CDP. Not to mention that there is a recently launched app exclusive for DBS Treasures/Wealth that allows you to manage your portfolio.

And of course, the benefit is that there is no minimum commission for purchases done through DBS Treasures/Wealth. And there is an on-going promotion till July for purchases with commission above $10, you stand to get a $5 rebate which will be credited sometime later back to you.

Cheers.
Gnoixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

wow din know got so many using OET platform oso
Old 24-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #9

For DBS Treasures, you do not need to open a separate trading account, it automatically comes with DBS Wealth which allows you to do investment/trades. Initially, you may need to provide proof of investment experience before you are allowed to purchase any form of equities. You might want to consult your relationship manager to speed up this part of the process. Its trading platform is similiar to DBS Vickers except that equities bought through DBS treasures/wealth will be stored with DBS being your custodian instead of CDP. Not to mention that there is a recently launched app exclusive for DBS Treasures/Wealth that allows you to manage your portfolio.

And of course, the benefit is that there is no minimum commission for purchases done through DBS Treasures/Wealth. And there is an on-going promotion till July for purchases with commission above $10, you stand to get a $5 rebate which will be credited sometime later back to you.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot for the clarification, so it is similar to SCB priority banking then. I oso in the process of getting into the priority customer as well.

Aiming to break up my investment portfolio into 2 different platform. Scared if only put all in one, it go belly up and I am done for.
Gnoixed likes this.
Old 24-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Master Member

Thanks a lot for the clarification, so it is similar to SCB priority banking then. I oso in the process of getting into the priority customer as well.

Aiming to break up my investment portfolio into 2 different platform. Scared if only put all in one, it go belly up and I am done for.
Even if belly up the shares will be transfer to another bank... No need worry... It's different from bank deposit which protect ur 50k only

xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

question, what if there is existing stock with cdp traded via dbs vickers (either cash or cash upfront), then subsequently open with treasures ? the stock how?
Old 25-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #12
Great Supremacy Member

question, what if there is existing stock with cdp traded via dbs vickers (either cash or cash upfront), then subsequently open with treasures ? the stock how?
If u want to use the treasures platform for your existing stock, need to fill in a form to transfer... is free provided u ask ur rm for it
Old 25-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #13

Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them
mrkkriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #14

Treasures and Vickers are not-related. Stocks with Treasures will be with DBS, Vickers will be with CDP.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #15

Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them
iWealth app is relatively new which just came out this year. Give it sometime and they should add on new functionalities.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.