DBS vs OCBC and UOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s what u are : bragging about paper profits!
Moreover, thanks for the compliment that u think my level of $25 will hold for you to ‘’profit ‘!

If it drops to $19, your PAPEr gain is less than mine.

Now u know talking about paper gains is vanity??!!

Obviously u r a green horn. I bat more and harder at $14 rather than $25. So buying at $14 and selling at $20 to a silly ass is ‘buying high and selling low’ ...... laughing.

Since u did NOT sell at $30, u have lost $5,000!
If it drops to $19, work the arithmetic by yourself.

Now u know what I mean about bragging over PAPER gains.... laughing

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eg. you own 1000 OCBC shares.
Dividend is 20 cents.

Option 1: Take $200 cash. You get $200 cash in your bank account.
Option 2: Take scrip at $10.15 a share. $200 dividend by $10.15 = 19 shares. You get 19 shares making you have 1019 shares and no cash payout.

Note that scrip issuance dilutes existing shareholders. In order to maintain your percentage ownership of the company, you must take scrip. If you do not, your stake would be diluted as the company now has more outstanding shares issued. This is a reason why a scrip is not a true dividend.

The extra 19 shares have to be sold in the unit share market which has a different share price from the mainboard as it is not in the normal board lot of 100. Of course, you can keep taking scrip till you have a standard lot of 100.

Personally, i just take cash for various reasons. I do own a small amount of OCBC shares.
Thank you,does this mean it's the same as a rights issue?
Assuming I don't buy new shares through this, when you say my percentage ownership is diluted, does it mean that for holding the same amount of shares, in future I will get less dividend? (Assuming the dividend payout per share is the same)?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.