Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to Open a Stock Trading account in Singapore-Updated 2015

Like Tree299Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #1636

BUYING SHARES

Can anyone here explain to me how to buy shares or stocks? I am interested to buy some and need some assistance as to how to buy all this things. Thank you
WaiEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #1637
Great Supremacy Member

Can anyone here explain to me how to buy shares or stocks? I am interested to buy some and need some assistance as to how to buy all this things. Thank you
Just go down to any brokarage firm to open an account personally first and your broker will guide u
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #1638
Great Supremacy Member

Anyone how to check which savings account is linked to my CIMB cash trading account? tried clicking around itradecimb cannot find

Last time only use cash upfront to top up to trade and CIMB discontinued it

forgot which savings account I linked for electronic payment of shares (EPS)
Maybe you can call 18005389889 during weekday to check
Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #1639
Great Supremacy Member

I'm a non-resident who would like to open an account with SC. Is this possible and do I need to open a savings account with SC as well?
Yes possible, just go down personally to any brokarage firm to open
Old 08-05-2017, 01:07 AM   #1640

Hi, what are some brokerages that do not have high commission fees? I'm looking at DBS Vickers and Standard Chartered, however, I do not meet the age requirement of 21 years old. I'm 19 this year. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
chaobotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #1641

dont choose POEMS

thanks for the nice listing of options..

whatever you choose... I will advise you against choosing POEMS...

their service sucks and very unprofessional .... inconsistency in the processing forex rate..
I had nasty experiences where they do not honor what is their published rates... be it today's or tomorrow's rates

citing the currency volatility as a cause for them to use whatever rate they choose... blatantly robbing the customers of their invested savings

you email me if you are keen to know more..
lste88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #1642

SCB broker fee is still 10 bucks now?
idrinkecoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #1643

If my dbs vickers is tied to eps payment only, can I apply for ipo? Or must I apply for Giro?
Hitokirii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #1644

Hi guys, uni student looking to open a broker account.
Currently looking at Lim and Tan, any reviews on them? Planning to pump in 100 ~ 200 monthly and slowly work my way up.

And don't know if correct place to ask, friend told me about Catalist, wanna take a look at the company listed on Catalist board, but couldn't find it online. They say maybe need to open up an account then use their platform to see. Or is there any other way for me to check up the companies listed on Catalist?

Pardon me for any mistake, still learning the ropes.
CharlieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #1645

hi guys
i have an issue with my CDP statement. just some background. i have not been actively trading for some 10 + years & was just collecting dividends. only when i received may's cdp statement i look thru in detail & noticed the following.

Security <stock name> Free (A) Available (B) Balance (AB) Last Price ( $xxx ) Market Value $xxx(corresponds to AB x Last price)

i have called CDP & was advised that <Available> means stock that i dont actually own pending settlement but the thing is i have not been trading for 10+years & even the CDP CSO did look thru previous statements stretching back to 2013 that shows the same. however the dividends i have been receiving as shown on the statement is based on the <Balance> ie i am getting dividends on the full sum of shares. the CSO has taken more than 1 week to check & has still not gotten back to me.
have called CDP again on last sat but still none the wiser.
has anybody come across this before?

Last edited by a4973; 19-06-2017 at 10:46 AM..
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #1646

hi guys
i have an issue with my CDP statement. just some background. i have not been actively trading for some 10 + years & was just collecting dividends. only when i received may's cdp statement i look thru in detail & noticed the following.

Security <stock name> Free (A) Available (B) Balance (AB) Last Price ( $xxx ) Market Value $xxx(corresponds to AB x Last price)

i have called CDP & was advised that <Available> means stock that i dont actually own pending settlement but the thing is i have not been trading for 10+years & even the CDP CSO did look thru previous statements stretching back to 2013 that shows the same. however the dividends i have been receiving as shown on the statement is based on the <Balance> ie i am getting dividends on the full sum of shares. the CSO has taken more than 1 week to check & has still not gotten back to me.
have called CDP again on last sat but still none the wiser.
has anybody come across this before?
i should also add that the rest of my stock counters in the statement are as they should be ie the full number of shares in <A> Free, none in <B> Available.

Last edited by a4973; 19-06-2017 at 10:46 AM..
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.