HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to Open a Stock Trading account in Singapore-Updated 2015

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #1651
Great Supremacy Member

They have a CIMB StarSaver Account and CIMB StarSaver (Savings) account. Are they the same? Can I use anyone of them for the cash upfront trading?

Also, can I apply directly from their website for an account?
Iirc starsaver and fastsaver can be linked

Yes, I think u still can

Maybe tmr u can call 18005389889 to confirm as not sure is there any change in rules lately or noy
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #1652

Can anyone using CIMB trading account help me out with something here?

Their interface is terribly confusing.

1. How can I find out the CDP account that is linked to my CIMB trading account?
2. I don't have a OneKey token. Can I still buy/sell with my CIMB Cash (not CashUp Front) account?
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #1653
Great Supremacy Member

Can anyone using CIMB trading account help me out with something here?

Their interface is terribly confusing.

1. How can I find out the CDP account that is linked to my CIMB trading account?
2. I don't have a OneKey token. Can I still buy/sell with my CIMB Cash (not CashUp Front) account?
1. Call broker to ask, or check your cdp statement send to you, or if u have done a trade before, just go [account], [sgx e-statement]
2. Can still buy and sell, just bypass the "one key login"
Old 16-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #1654

1. Call broker to ask, or check your cdp statement send to you, or if u have done a trade before, just go [account], [sgx e-statement]
2. Can still buy and sell, just bypass the "one key login"
1. I only have one CDP account which they have created for me. So I believe it's correct. But I wanted to double check as this is the first time I'm going to use my CIMB account for trading, so a little more paranoid.

2. Oh great!

Sorry, just one more question. So let's say if I applied for an IPO and I got it in my CDP account. Will I see my balloted IPO in my CIMB trading account under "Portfolio" > "Unrealised Gain" that section immediately?
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #1655

HI

any whatsapp group i can join for trading? thanks
NimrodGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #1656
Great Supremacy Member

1. I only have one CDP account which they have created for me. So I believe it's correct. But I wanted to double check as this is the first time I'm going to use my CIMB account for trading, so a little more paranoid.

2. Oh great!

Sorry, just one more question. So let's say if I applied for an IPO and I got it in my CDP account. Will I see my balloted IPO in my CIMB trading account under "Portfolio" > "Unrealised Gain" that section immediately?
No, brokerage does not know your cdp movement at all
Old 23-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #1657

Recently SCB upgraded their platform, users out there, how is it?

Maybank KE VS SCB Trading platform which is better?
juzme09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #1658
Great Supremacy Member

Recently SCB upgraded their platform, users out there, how is it?

Maybank KE VS SCB Trading platform which is better?
Ke is better obviously
Old 29-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #1659

Anyone of you took "financial advisory" service from KE?
How is it?
juzme09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #1660
Supremacy Member

i am just wondering why phillips securities/POEMS are seldom the choice brokerage around here as i seldom see them mentioned here. is it because of the higher commission or something like that ?
JoieDeVivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #1661

Newbie trying to open trading account.

Hi all, newbie here trying to invest in stocks. Been reading this thread for a while, but still unable to decide which broker to go with. Hope that the experts can give me some pointers with reference to the points below. Thanks in advance!

1. Will be using the account to buy ETF and dividend stocks only for long term investment(will hold it till i die)

2. Can only invest about $500 per month. This is a portion of my salary which i can invest in.

3. Read the thread that there will be a min commission of around $25 per transaction. Therefore i may only do a buy every 3-6 months.

4. Can i open a SCB trading account for buying only? As this bank charged the lowest commission as per what i read in this thread. Or now there are other broker offer about the same commission as SCB also. (Read from thread that SCB platform is lag and not user friendly). Does SCB trading platform has charting?

5. If it's ok to open a SCB trading account, can it be link to my UOB saving account so that i can transfer the money to the SCB trading account?

6. And i will open another trading account with another broker as a standby. May i know which broker has the most user friendly platform? Preferably with charting function also. Which broker has courses to teach it's customers on how to use it's trading
platform?

7. Knew that SCB is a custody account. Therefore i will need the other broker to help me open a CDP account also.
ec_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #1662

Just to ask, if i decide to open DBSvickers in person, will they assits me to open my CDP account as well? TYIA =D
sannoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #1663

No, brokerage does not know your cdp movement at all
so if I have shares in CDP, how can I sell it at brokerage? How does broker know if I have enough shares to sell? Does the proceeds go to thebrokerage account?
mmchaisi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #1664
Great Supremacy Member

so if I have shares in CDP, how can I sell it at brokerage? How does broker know if I have enough shares to sell? Does the proceeds go to thebrokerage account?
Login and key sell
Broker does not know what shares u have in cdp
Proceed goes to eps bank unless it's poems
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.