How to sell my shares if it is not in terms of 1000?

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
those who want you to keep their shares, might give really strange bonus issues like 1 for 3, or 1 for 7 such that you have high chance to get odd lot. Or somethings issue rights issues to achieve the same effect.

when retailers are hit with odd lot, chances are they wont sell because they dunno how to sell.

That's where the companies force you to keep their shares.

this also shows a lot about the management's attitude towards minority shareholders.

dont fall for this trick.

b1cIs.gif

rly amazed by the amt of bullshiat u can create

RubiksCuber

Reaction score
ish real 1

Hey, can you please share some tips on how I can protect myself against these evil tricks? Like, if a company announces a rights issue, should I sell right away because I know the management wants to lock me in forever?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, can you please share some tips on how I can protect myself against these evil tricks? Like, if a company announces a rights issue, should I sell right away because I know the management wants to lock me in forever?
sure

just make sure you dont kanna odd lot.once u kanna odd lot very difficult to sell.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But how do I prevent getting odd lots? Please share tips.

1. Dont elect for scrip dividend
2. Dont buy or subscribe rights, or only do so when entitlement is a mininum of 1,000

3. Sell before EX-splits/ consolidation / bonus, unless your final holdings is still round lots

4. exit the market. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.