HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Investor Basics - Fundamental Analysis Concepts & REIT

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
Master Member

From what I read, it means that no matter what happens, they will still have to pay dividends? Then what are the risks involved?
Company delist. .. Kokx
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #32
Great Supremacy Member

From what I read, it means that no matter what happens, they will still have to pay dividends? Then what are the risks involved?
Company delist. .. Kokx
Actually, it doesn't even need to delist, if the company disposes of its assets or its yields keep falling, the price will definitely dip and you may never get back your actual invested amount again.
Alphidius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #33

Actually, it doesn't even need to delist, if the company disposes of its assets or its yields keep falling, the price will definitely dip and you may never get back your actual invested amount again.
Yes that is so true that's why its better to go for us stocks
untitled1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #34

Your distribution yield can be affected when the REIT issues rights/warrents and you don't have the capital at the point to exercise them
Traumfanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #35

is there no point buying reits?
elliotreble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #36

Reit Newbie

Hi Great explainatory post here.

I have recently parked cash in the SRS to get tax benifits and wanted to invest that money in the Reits directly. Sadly I am an absolute newbie so had some very basic questions if you could humor me :

- How do I buy Reits? Do I need to open any trading account and link it to my SRS?

- Is there a ready list of top Reids for last 6 months or 1 year ( as per distribution yeild) in which I can split my money to hedge it? Or do we have to individually check the DPU and prrice of stock to calculate it as per your formula?

Thanks,
Anuj
anujvelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #37
High Supremacy Member

huat ah, good read
wahkao3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #38

You will also need to take into consideration the Interest coverage ratio.
That is the net profit / Interest paid to banks.

This is due to the possibility that Fed reserve could change the interest rate this year or the year after. An increase in interest rate could have an adverse impact on the REITS earnings as most REIT have a gearing of 25% to 45% in Singapore. That was what cause the REITS share price to decline in 2013 as savy investor is uncertain what the Fed Reserve is going to do next. A High interest coverage is a good indicator that the REITS is less sensitive to any interest rates movement.

Remisier soon ...
Old 26-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #39
High Supremacy Member

This is due to the possibility that Fed reserve could change the interest rate this year or the year after. An increase in interest rate could have an adverse impact on the REITS earnings as most REIT have a gearing of 25% to 45% in Singapore. That was what cause the REITS share price to decline in 2013 as savy investor is uncertain what the Fed Reserve is going to do next. A High interest coverage is a good indicator that the REITS is less sensitive to any interest rates movement.

Remisier soon ...
how to get Interest coverage ratio?
i must go and read the financial statement is it?
I dont want to dig the financial statement and calculate myself leh.
I want to be an investor who selects the best stocks based on the stock's data.
I dont want to be a data miner who have to dig the information
any quick shortcut way to get it?
wahkao3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #40

Feel free to use the information!
These are just some concepts of Fundamental Analysis and is tip of the ice berg.
I see if I can write more articles if time & effort permits.
Thanks! I will sure to come back and learn more from you!
InfraRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #41

My view is stock movement do not affected mainly by company's fundamental. So called 知己知彼,百战百胜。who make the market move? BB of course. So from here we need find their weak point and hammer them hardly.
richardchiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 09:39 PM   #42

My view is stock movement do not affected mainly by company's fundamental. So called 知己知彼,百战百胜。who make the market move? BB of course. So from here we need find their weak point and hammer them hardly.
richardchiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 PM   #43

Don't really get the relationship of US Interest rate do with the reit share price. Mind enlighten me ? Haha

Remisier soon ...
Old 15-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #44
Master Member

Some info on REIT.
http://www.investopedia.com/articles...qsrc=0&o=40186

Why interest rates will affect REIT ? The manager will use the property as leverage and so if interest rates go up, so does the cost of leverage.
antonpoh and Perisher like this.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #45

Hi Guys, you may consider taking up this FREE online trading course by ProJack. He is one of top author in Trading view as tntsunrise and he shared great signal there. Worth learning
zxbchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.