HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iOCBC Trading Platform

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

I have trading accounts with most of the brokerages and here are my observations.

L&T, UOB-KH and DMG are using basically the same trading platform abeit with a few visual customisation. The UI is basically the same. With a doubt, the UI is definitely the most friendly and very easy to use. The charts are based on Chartnexus so its rock solid. It also has more data than the free Chartnexus. The live streaming is stable.

I haven't use iOCBC much since its revamp but its definitely better than the previous one. Not sure how stable it is.

DBSV live streaming is iffy at time. The charts are not the best but I really like that you can customise the watchlist in any order, instead of alphabetically order.

POEMS has the worst and most unfriendly UI of all the brokerages and they dun seem particularly keen to improve after all these years.

I mainly use DBSV for my buy order cos the $18 commission for cash upfront is cheaper than most (except SCB which I refuse to use). For sell orders, it either UOB-KH or L&T depending on my mood. I only use POEMS for the Unit Share market.

I dun use mobile apps so the above comments is restricted to the desktop experience.
y do u refuse to use SCB then?
thisisnotme1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #32
Master Member

y do u refuse to use SCB then?
Simple answer. Its a personal preference. I dun like my shares to be held in custodian by them.
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #33

imho... i have tried a few and uob is the best for PC web usage. it has the nicest easiest on the eyes interface. It has the best daily research report with fairly accurate and strong ideas. I dont use the screener as I have factset. The chart tool bull or bear not very accurate.
iocbc interface not that good. not easy on eyes. insist on java, you need to have latest updated java. quite troublesome.

for mobile app, I think iocbc is good. quite fast and responsive.
chase78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #34
Master Member

imho... i have tried a few and uob is the best for PC web usage. it has the nicest easiest on the eyes interface. It has the best daily research report with fairly accurate and strong ideas. I dont use the screener as I have factset. The chart tool bull or bear not very accurate.
Ever since UOB-KH implement thier ChartGenie, they give spamming us with the mail. Anyone has any idea how to turn it off? Its very irritating!
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #35

Ever since UOB-KH implement thier ChartGenie, they give spamming us with the mail. Anyone has any idea how to turn it off? Its very irritating!
Go to 'Account Management' -> 'Preferences', look up 'ChartGenie Alerts' & deactivate.
rine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Simple answer. Its a personal preference. I dun like my shares to be held in custodian by them.
Me too!
Old 20-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #37

Is there any reason why I do not have any Stop Loss function i iocbc?
orrb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #38

How come the stock average price bought few months back is difference in the indicative porfolio for yesterday and today? program bug?
homedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #39
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi orrb86,

We are checking on this and will get back to you again.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #40

How come the stock average price bought few months back is difference in the indicative porfolio for yesterday and today? program bug?
Hi homedriver,

We are checking on this and will get back to you again.

^DG

Old 25-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #41

Hi homedriver,

Thank you for your patience.

We would need more details to check.

Could you drop us a PM with your contact number and also let us know the counter and the tab that you are viewing if it is the “Current Portfolio” or the “Unrealized P/L”?

^DG

Old 25-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #42
Master Member

hi,

i want to ask whether it is possible to make stop orders instead of only limit orders?
Old 25-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #43

Hi orrb86,

Thank you for your patience. We are targeting to launch the stop loss function for SGX orders by end June.

^DG

Old 25-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #44

Hi homedriver,

Thank you for your patience.

We would need more details to check.

Could you drop us a PM with your contact number and also let us know the counter and the tab that you are viewing if it is the “Current Portfolio” or the “Unrealized P/L”?

^DG
Is current portfolio. For example my Fraser Cpt Tr (J69U) bought months back. In prev average price is 1.96 but today average price is 2.026. Wonder why the average price is difference.
homedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #45

You bought and sold and bought again, back to back right? If so, it's a bug in the system I get that often Also. You can just edit it manually.

But all the profit and cost in the settlement slip are correct just a small bug in platform Tommy factor in contra. That's how I see it.

Is current portfolio. For example my Fraser Cpt Tr (J69U) bought months back. In prev average price is 1.96 but today average price is 2.026. Wonder why the average price is difference.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.