A list of brokage firms available in singapore.

sharejunky

Reaction score
Free Online Investing Services for SGX

Check out .

===========
No advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

zilicon

Reaction score
Sometimes, people just carry on trade without asking what commission is for? Last time b4 got online trading, brokers must do paper work & stuffs, but today with the technology available, nobody ask why still give commission to these brokers. They are not earning from useful services.

In fact, there is a serious flaw and impairment in this commission-based stock trading because whether stock value is positive or negative for the stock holders, a broker enjoy commission. A broker can encourage a negative and disastrous market and still reap commission from the stock meltdown. In principle, a online broker is handed a virtually risk-free business made in paradise with no duty, moral and culpability to give service.

Broker commission should be exterminated as it has become a meaningless give away of money.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which brokage firm are u with now and why?

Have been using POEMS to trade for quite some time as its quite user frenly.

Which brokage firm offer a > 3 day contra feature?

I heard CIMB does?

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, im trying to open an account in philips securities. What does this mean?

The CDP Linkage form is required by the Central Depository Pte Ltd to link your securities trading account to your Global Securities Account.

Does it mean u have to open an account with CDP first?

Thanks.

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And also if i'm intending to sign up online..what do i fill in the 'Net Worth' section ? Will it go tru if i'm an NSF?

wayneee

Reaction score
hey, did u guys place any deposit when opening the iocbc trading account?

cause this is what i saw from their webbie under fees & charges..

'There is no administrative fee or subscription fee for using iOCBC. However, new clients may be required to place an upfront deposit of S$5,000 (interest earning). '

Singapura

Reaction score
Commission is always so high even for online brokers!

I'm thinking of opening an account with e*trade (http://www.etrade.com.sg). They have a very low commission rate but can only be used to be US equity. Does anyone know of an online broker with low commission rate that allows trading on the Asian/Australian market?

Raider04

Master Member
Reaction score
wayneee said:
hey, did u guys place any deposit when opening the iocbc trading account?

cause this is what i saw from their webbie under fees & charges..

'There is no administrative fee or subscription fee for using iOCBC. However, new clients may be required to place an upfront deposit of S$5,000 (interest earning). '
What they put up on website is one thing, what they actually do is another. :)

fuhrur15

Reaction score
hi guys,

this is probably out of the topic but i would like to enrol myself in some courses that cn teach me how to be a trader of learn the essentials of trading in a beginner or advance level.
any tips on where to get them?

thanks in advance..

sunnyboi

Reaction score

Anakin1982

Reaction score
Hi i'm another newbie intending to open my first trading account for buying shares - i'm a long-term investor, don't intend to day-trade etc.

would like to know the difference between setting up an account with those brokerage firms like POEMS and those bank-related ones like iOCBC?

greenbeam1980

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I would to buy stock from New York Stock Exchange but I stay in Singapore. How to go abt doing so. Can someone advise me.

Thanks a lot.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm another newbie intending to open my first trading account for buying shares - i'm a long-term investor, don't intend to day-trade etc.

would like to know the difference between setting up an account with those brokerage firms like POEMS and those bank-related ones like iOCBC?
if you are a long term investor, i suggest you open an acount with citibank. it has the lowest minimum commission at $22 only. others lowest is $25 or $28.

you can visit my blog for a comparison of brokerage charges to invest in SG and US market.

LittleTsar

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information.
still confuse though which one to use.
I am planning to play on CFD.
any advice?

Thanks

Reaction score
Im looking for a broker to day trade.

The curren t brokers, DBs vickers, IOCBC are too expensive to trade on just a few points.

IS THERE ANY CHEAPER BROKERS :(?

Also I plan to go to university in AUS and plan to start day trading (learning) there.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com.hk/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=hk

Intereactive brokers witha fee of 0.08 seems very attactive. for Aus stocks, ETF

All these discount brokers in USA offer very attractive rates from $7/ trade etc

But im very afraid that if I can't just go "there" a physical location like I can go to OCBC office or DBS if something is wrong

Any advice?

jeffsmith

Reaction score
There are many brokers in Singapore with whom you can start trading and make money from this market. I can tell you some of the brokers whom you can find in Singapore are Oanda, Iforex, Finexo, Forex yard, Money Forex and AVAFX.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
I think one of the factor to consider is the commission? Any reliable brokage with good commission?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.