Looking For Profitable Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexchia01

Reaction score
I do not know enough to know if they are legitimate, but since I didn't pay a single cent to them, I guess its not a scam. We are taught by 4 traders on the different methods of trading and working hours are 8pm to 5am. Location is inside AMK Tech Park.

Overall, I learnt quite a lot in the 2 months. They are doing a long short fund, each trader used their own scenarios without any stock risk or market risk, as calculated by the hedging method taught, with manual stops and targets for the spread.

My batch was terminated after we lost 15%, think we don't understand the math behind their theory especially in the beginning :o

I don't think it is that you don't understand the theory.

There's a different between theory and strategy.

Knowing the different parts of a car, does not mean you can put a car back together and make it run.

Knowing the theories do not mean you can put them together and form a working strategy that makes money.

I think they have the theory, but not winning strategy, this is why they are searching for profitable traders.

If they have working strategy, then you will have their trading rules already and by following their rules, you should make money within that 2 months.

If you follow their trading rules and loss money, they should not terminate you because the problem is not you, but their strategy.

Anyway, I think the 2 months are for them to find out if you have a winning strategy or not. If yes, they want it. If no, they just let you go.

That's why this thread is called "Looking For Profitable Traders" and not "Looking For Traders".

The issue is that profitable traders are not looking for a boss.

Last edited:

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the questions. Please contact me for more information, whether you are serious on this position or just interested, who know what it may leads to. No harm coming down to meet us, we are starting to interview next week.

Again, let me emphasize, we do not want your winning strategy, or is there any need to disclose them to anyone. All traders just need focus and trade.

Regarding the last post of "profitable traders vs traders", we promote the former to management pretty soon. Among them who are with us, they are former VPs from DBS, UOB, BNP, ABN, Nomura and RBS. Our chief trader (the main guy all new traders would be under) was the top (number one, not one of the top!) hedge fund manager in Singapore few years back.
wa! your hedge fund ish very exciting!
too bad i ish not trader.I earn returns very slowly one :o

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested to get $250k to $500k to trade remotely various asset class (inc forex) on my company's behalf, email me below. If successful, we will increase your trading limit after 3 months.

Please note we have to meet you first, if everything is okay, then we would proceed with discussion of the conditions. Please understand we cannot pass the account details to you if you refuse to meet up!

We are closing this offer by end of June.

image.jpg
wa my post ish there!!!:o

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just read your updated info
wa your hedge fund getting more and more sexciting!! :o

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
when u lost 15%, I believe its simulation?

so when they will allocate capital to u?

You won't be allowed to suffer that much drawdown, prop trading firms have strict risk controls, you lose 3% of your account and they will tell you to get lost the next day.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
Q: What is the profit sharing after I am employed formally?

The profit sharing can be discussed within the formal employment contract but it would be within 5% of the industry standard.

Industry standard of hedge fund or prop firms? Hedge fund is 2 and 20, prop firms can range from 10/90 to 50/50, I think you need to be more precise.

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
any tom dick or harry also can apply?

i have a full time job riao, can apply? still can trade while i work!

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any tom dick or harry also can apply?

i have a full time job riao, can apply? still can trade while i work!

They have to interview you lah.
So since you think you can .. GO FOR IT! :)
Nothing to lose on your end except your time and theirs.

Anyway, for those interested, I did a google search and found this regarding
Pulsar Capital
and
interesting, there are similar joints in UK too.. TopSteptraders and
BluePointTraders

So..just remember.. look thru ..discuss... do some critical thinking.. and good luck.

Last edited:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your research. We based our compensation model on Pulsar, not our business model. We do not waste time on simulation accounts, our track record testifies to that. There is also no need to pay any fees to us, as one of our former traders had commented in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I agree the operation is legit like those on the threads. They just mention the bars are set real high to sniff out really the ELITE Traders. Can you imagine 4% monthly with no down months and a sharpe ratio of 4.

No harm trying for those traders if they want to make money without using their own money!

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I agree the operation is legit like those on the threads. They just mention the bars are set real high to sniff out really the ELITE Traders. Can you imagine 4% monthly with no down months and a sharpe ratio of 4.

No harm trying for those traders if they want to make money without using their own money!
4%/month, sharpe ratio of 4!!!!
wa! really ah? that's the requirement!?

I read the job description of quant traders. Industry standard sharpe ratio of 2 good enough liao.:o

stocklah

Reaction score

sharpe ratio of 4 only generate 4% monthly? does not really tally.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sharpe ratio of 4 only generate 4% monthly? does not really tally.

Quoting from Puslar Cpaital, not seowgao's capital lah.

Seowgao already say compensation is quite similar to pulsar but they use different measurement metric.

I think somebody mentioned in the puslar thread their sharpe ratio is calculated with risk-free rate of ZERO.

Anyway, you more quant than me .. judging from your website. :p You should have a more accurate answer to why it does not tally.

Last edited:

stocklah

Reaction score
Quoting from Puslar Cpaital, not seowgao's capital lah.

Seowgao already say compensation is quite similar to pulsar but they use different measurement metric.

I think somebody mentioned in the puslar thread their sharpe ratio is calculated with risk-free rate of ZERO.

Anyway, you more quant than me .. judging from your website. :p You should have a more accurate answer to why it does not tally.

nah, quant or no quant, as long as u can make money, u r a good trader :)

anyway i think i will join them if i'm not currently occupied with other stuffs. coz they seem very confident, give new traders real cash to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.