Mapletree Logistics Trust *Official* (SGX: M44U)

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Public Offer (including Reserved Units): 106,145,000 Units will be offered under the Public Offer (25,500,000 Reserved Units)

Offering Price Range S$0.88 to S$0.93 per Unit.

Indicative Timetable as follows:

11 October 2010: Price Determination Date

13 October 2010, 9.00 a.m. : Opening date and time for the Public Offer.

18 October 2010, 8.00 a.m. : Closing date and time for the Public Offer.

19 October 2010 : Balloting of applications under the Public Offer, if necessary. Commence returning or refunding of application monies to unsuccessful or partially successful applicants and commence returning or refunding of application monies to successful applicants for the amount paid in excess of the Offering Price, if necessary.

21 October 2010, at or before 2.00 p.m.: Completion of the acquisition of MSIT.

21 October 2010, 2.00 p.m. : Commence trading on a “ready” basis.

26 October 2010 : Settlement date for all trades done on a “ready” basis on 21 October 2010.

SharesGreenH

Reaction score
The Public Offer (including Reserved Units): 106,145,000 Units will be offered under the Public Offer (25,500,000 Reserved Units)

Offering Price Range S$0.88 to S$0.93 per Unit.

Indicative Timetable as follows:

11 October 2010: Price Determination Date

13 October 2010, 9.00 a.m. : Opening date and time for the Public Offer.

18 October 2010, 8.00 a.m. : Closing date and time for the Public Offer.

19 October 2010 : Balloting of applications under the Public Offer, if necessary. Commence returning or refunding of application monies to unsuccessful or partially successful applicants and commence returning or refunding of application monies to successful applicants for the amount paid in excess of the Offering Price, if necessary.

21 October 2010, at or before 2.00 p.m.: Completion of the acquisition of MSIT.

21 October 2010, 2.00 p.m. : Commence trading on a “ready” basis.

26 October 2010 : Settlement date for all trades done on a “ready” basis on 21 October 2010.

So meaning we can only apply between 13-18 Oct?
Have not applied for IPO before. Thanks in advance :)

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only the preliminary prospecteus is out. Link here

I made a rough calculation of the DPU for FY10 (up to Mar 2011) and FY 11 as follows:

FY 10: 7.04c (annualised)
FY 11: 7.48c

Pls note that FY11 DPU is annualised from the listing date to Mar 2011. According to the preliminary prospectus, the DPU is 3.1c.

The DPU is derived from the estimated yield of 8% annualised and 8.5% for FY10 and FY11 based on the mininmum price of 88c.

Thanks bro! :)
Exactly what I was looking for!
8% sounds good provide the price is at 88c. Still 7% isn't too shabby either.
But I hate how GIC & TH are having the biggest IPO battle for FY2010.
GLP vs MIT during Q3 where sentiments are just slightly bullish is a little overkill.

My 2.14 cents

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw 50K at Maple this time
die die must at least give me 1o lots :s7::s7:

spec116

Reaction score
i gt some qns abt hw to apply IPO
i understand tat i can apply IPO fr ATM
eg if i ballot 1lot..they will deduct $ fr my bank acc
lets say im successful getting the 1lot..and im a POEMS user..

will i get to c my shares under POEMS internet portfolio? *i was told unable to c in it*
lets say i cant c it in POEMS..when i sell tat time..will POEMS treat as shortsell?

any POEMS user apply IPO b4?
can advise?
thx alot

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will i get to c my shares under POEMS internet portfolio? *i was told unable to c in it*
lets say i cant c it in POEMS..when i sell tat time..will POEMS treat as shortsell?

any POEMS user apply IPO b4?
can advise?
thx alot

No, it will not appear automatically under the portfolio but you may add in the entry on your own.
No. When you sell, POEMS assume you always have the stock and will deduct from your CDP account. POEMS is just a trading platform, do not mistaken it as your CDP account.
Yes, I'm a POEMS and DBSVickers user and applied IPO before.
There are no issues applying for IPO regardless of what trading platforms you use.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
No, it will not appear automatically under the portfolio but you may add in the entry on your own.
No. When you sell, POEMS assume you always have the stock and will deduct from your CDP account. POEMS is just a trading platform, do not mistaken it as your CDP account.
Yes, I'm a POEMS and DBSVickers user and applied IPO before.
There are no issues applying for IPO regardless of what trading platforms you use.

That mean must very clear how many stock I have? If not what if selling more stock that I have in Poems?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos you need to know how many lots (if at all) you are allocated in the balloting.

1) Check your bank account. If all your money is refunded back ==> you got nothing. If you got some back, minus the difference and figure out your allocation.

2) Check your CDP account.

3) Wait for the letter from CDP (if you are successful).

Option #1 is probably the best but Option #2 can be faster if you know how to check via the CDP automated phone system.

Either case, you should know before the stock starts trading.

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That mean must very clear how many stock I have? If not what if selling more stock that I have in Poems?

Login to your CDP account via Internet (you need to fill in a form and mail it to them).
There you will have a summary of all your stocks in your CDP account.
Make it a habit, login in once every beginning of the month and print out the summary. Keep it in a file.
Proper checking and accounting of your stocks are very important.
From there, you can see how many shares you have and can sell.

kjj

Reaction score
I am applying for this and the Mapletree Log PO. Will they return the money for unsuccessful Mapletree Log PO excess application in time to pay for this?

MikeL09

Reaction score
:D
I have faith in the Mapletree management. I think MIT is going to be a blockbuster of a REIT. For the moment, I would even rate it higher that Mapletree Log.

This is a reit unlike GIC logistics IPO, so dividend payment should be quarterly, correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless there are big buying opportunities cropping up from some precipitous market corrections from now till 18 Oct, I will have the funds for 10 lots.

I understand IPOs are not allocated on a 1st-come-1st-serve basis, but I do hope they give '1st timers' like myself priority consideration!:D

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've gone through most of the prospectus...
Where the freaking flying flapping floundering fish is Mapletree Business City??!!!!
*%($&%*&^*$!!!!! Why those cunning sods... Haiz... :(
My hopes of a freaking awesome portfolio for MIT are ruined... :( :(

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Where the freaking flying flapping floundering fish is Mapletree Business City??!!!!

har why?
You mean MBC is included in this reit is it??

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
har why?
You mean MBC is included in this reit is it??

Nope... The newly completed Mapletree Business City is not inside the list... :sad:
I just thought it would be inside... :(
Other than that, Comtech also not inside... :(
Otherwise will be damn awesome portfolio for MIT...

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
newly completed properties won't be so fast one go under a reit one
the reit must find money to buy the property from the mother
Probably that MBC is still being held under mother Mapletree Investm.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:D

This is a reit unlike GIC logistics IPO, so dividend payment should be quarterly, correct me if I'm wrong.

From the prelim prospectus: "Distributions from MIT to Unitholders will be computed based on 100.0% of MIT’s Adjusted Taxable Income for the period from the Listing Date to 31 March 2012. Thereafter, MIT will distribute at least 90.0% of its Adjusted Taxable Income on a quarterly basis. The first distribution, which will be in respect of the period from the Listing Date to 31 December 2010, will be paid by the Manager on or before 1 March 2011."

I understand IPOs are not allocated on a 1st-come-1st-serve basis, but I do hope they give '1st timers' like myself priority consideration!:D

You wish! :)

Alamak. MBC is akan datang lah. That should be included in the next big one from Mapletree - The commercial Trust. Its a more logical fit anyway since MBC is a office development instead of industrial space. While its not specifically mentioned, its understood that MBC will be included in the commercial trust.

Actually if you think about it, the Mapletree Commercial trust is even more awesome! So save some bullets for this one.

can use CPF to apply for this IPO?

From the prelim prospectus:"Investors who are members of the CPF in Singapore may use their CPF Ordinary Account savings to purchase Units"

Last edited:

escapee

Reaction score
Alamak. MBC is akan datang lah. That should be included in the next big one from Mapletree - The commercial Trust. Its a more logical fit anyway since MBC is a office development instead of industrial space. While its not specifically mentioned, its understood that MBC will be included in the commercial trust.

Actually if you think about it, the Mapletree Commercial trust is even more awesome! So save some bullets for this one.

So when is Mapletree Commercial Trust launching? ANy timeline indicated ?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So when is Mapletree Commercial Trust launching? ANy timeline indicated ?

No timetable yet. My guess would be Jan/Feb 2011. But it's likely Mapletree may want to ride on the current bullish trend and try to list before the year end.

Read Paul Lee's post, pg. 2, same thread.

Mike, you another confused soul! :s13:

The timetable on pg 2 is for MIT for MCT.

Now 2 mapletree caused so much confusion. Next time with three, it would be worse!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.