OUE Hospitality Trust *Official* (SGX: SK7)

vesso2002

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are crazy lah!

Becos I'm very puzzled why the other relative her account applied only 50 lots, she was successfully alloted some lots but this elderly relative applied 500 lots from his DBS Vickers young house dealer, ironnically he got zero. Since 2X oversubscribed(according to a forumner he posted this), is a relatively poor demand response.

That young house dealer seems suspicious, becos this is the 2nd time in a row in a short few months. My own broker replied me could be possible that young house dealer did not even put up the application.

My that relative's broker is a young house dealer.

My own broker is a different person from his.(different brokerage) But both brokerage have placement offers for their clients for this ipo.
just asked my friend who work as a broker, he told me 50/50

1. that young broker team didn't get any
2. that young broker team allocated but he reserved it for himself, that will be really unethical, because elderly apply for 500 and given none

but from wat my friend said, nothin much your relative can do to prove anything.. so just change broker lo

killer

Master Member
Reaction score
you are crazy lah!

Becos I'm very puzzled why the other relative her account applied only 50 lots, she was successfully alloted some lots but this elderly relative applied 500 lots from his DBS Vickers young house dealer, ironnically he got zero. Since 2X oversubscribed(according to a forumner he posted this), is a relatively poor demand response.

That young house dealer seems suspicious, becos this is the 2nd time in a row in a short few months. My own broker replied me could be possible that young house dealer did not even put up the application.

My that relative's broker is a young house dealer.

My own broker is a different person from his.(different brokerage) But both brokerage have placement offers for their clients for this ipo.

my guess is that if your elderly relative is 60+, the house may determine her to be vulnerable, esp the amount she applied ( 500* 0.88= 440k). unless her track record is outstanding, very easy for the house to reject out for risk management

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with its 2X for placement tranche, it dont look good at all.
and all along, business trusts never did well, A-HT, FE-HT, and with the slaughtering of Reits recently, not to forget the pricing at the bottom of the range.

not going to press :o

nauhchop

Reaction score
just asked my friend who work as a broker, he told me 50/50

1. that young broker team didn't get any
2. that young broker team allocated but he reserved it for himself, that will be really unethical, because elderly apply for 500 and given none

but from wat my friend said, nothin much your relative can do to prove anything.. so just change broker lo

If don't trust broker, change broker firm. We can speculate but if your relative is real keen and thinks this REIT is a powerhouse with such great confidence, buy on open market.

STAGGG

Banned
Reaction score
my guess is that if your elderly relative is 60+, the house may determine her to be vulnerable, esp the amount she applied ( 500* 0.88= 440k). unless her track record is outstanding, very easy for the house to reject out for risk management

you guessed wrongly becos my relative already got tell that young house dealer broker that if in case if he had only a few lots to allot him, my relative also can accept. But yet he was told he got alloted zero despite applying 500 lots.

Becos placement side if it is really only 2X subscribed, is considered POOR lousy demand, should be every applicant get at least some lots. (That time Sabana REIT placement how many times subscribed). Someone told me that for 2X subscribed ipos usually is no balloting is required and brokerages/brokers just allot every applicant, how can be apply 500 and still get zero??

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wondered if you guys are reading the papers or not.:s8:

And if you guys are not even reading the papers, I really think that you should avoid the stock market altogether. :s22:

OUE H-Trust priced at 88¢, low end of range
Stapled securities IPO to raise $600m; placement tranche 2 times subscribed

[SINGAPORE] OUE Hospitality Trust (OUE H-Trust) is set to raise about $600 million from its initial public offering (IPO), after pricing its stapled securities at the lower end of its indicative range.

The stapled group, comprising OUE Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust (Reit) and OUE Hospitality Business Trust, is selling 434.6 million stapled securities in the public and placement tranches at 88 cents each, subject to an overallotment option of 68.2 million units. This compares with the earlier price range of 88 cents to 90 cents.

Based on the price set, the distribution yield is expected at an annualised 7.4 per cent this year and 7.5 per cent for the next.

The placement tranche of 383.5 million stapled securities was more than two times subscribed, said Chong Kee Hiong, CEO of OUE Hospitality Reit Management, the Reit manager.

[ SOURCE ]

OUE Hospitality Trust launched at 88 cents a unit

Alvin Foo
The Straits Times
Friday, Jul 19, 2013

SINGAPORE - Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) launched its hospitality trust on Thursday at an auspicious-sounding price of 88 cents, or the bottom end of the indicated price range.

The property giant is selling 434.6 million stapled securities via an initial public offering (IPO) of OUE Hospitality Trust to raise about $600 million. The indicated price range was 88 to 90 cents.

"We are pricing it at the lower end, leaving enough on the table for the investors," said Mr Chong Kee Hiong, OUE Hospitality Reit Management chief executive, during a briefing. "Eighty-eight cents is also a very prosperous number," he added.

The number 88 is regarded as auspicious in Chinese culture.

OUE registered its final prospectus for a mainboard listing of the trust with the Monetary Authority of Singapore on Thursday.

Mr Chong added that the placement tranche of around 383.5 million stapled securities was about two times subscribed. Some 51.1 million units will be available to retail investors. A separate block of 247.2 million units will go to five cornerstone investors who have committed to paying $218 million in total.

[ More here ]

Last edited:

spore

Reaction score
Good luck to those who have applied. If you are successful in getting the IPO and hold on to it, maybe they'll give you free Chatterbox chicken rice when you attend their AGM.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
My luck with IPO has not been good. If can tikam and kena this one... meaning my lucky has not changed. If cannot even get this one.... then I am hopeless liao.

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good luck to those who have applied. If you are successful in getting the IPO and hold on to it, maybe they'll give you free Chatterbox chicken rice when you attend their AGM.

Ask the tissue aunty to make a guest appearance too. :s12:

MikeL09

Reaction score
I just pressed and pray.:s12:

Haiz, forced to forgo SPH and go with OUE.
Why must the timing be so close together?
I reckon there's better odds with OUE.
Some more, yield is also higher.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.