HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

POSB Invest Saver

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #61

Is there an option similar to invest saver, but using cpf monies? BTW anyone knows what is the Market allocation for Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity? Is also into sti etf? What percentage?
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #62
Banned

Is there an option similar to invest saver, but using cpf monies? BTW anyone knows what is the Market allocation for Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity? Is also into sti etf? What percentage?
check the below link

POSB Invest Saver
steventay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #63

So, u bought the dividend equity direct from Nikko AM? how much is the minimum amount u need to invest every month?
You can't buy unit trust directly from fund managers, must go through distributors, like banks, FSM and etc. For Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity Fund, minimum initial amount is 1K and minimum monthly amount is 100.
Dividends Warrior likes this.
lusunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #64

I don't think there is any similar options for CPF money due to various restrictions imposed by CPF Board. Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity is a active-managed unit trust and it has no allocation on STI ETF although its benchmark is STI itself.
lusunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #65
Supremacy Member

Is this lower risk then unit trusts?
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #66

Hi, just to ask for the promo it states that 0% sales charge ends on 31 Aug. does this apply to the following month deduction on 12th Sept or only on 12 Aug?
neolaw likes this.
tobiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #67

<quote>
Can I still hold my units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even after the termination of my RSP?
Yes, you can hold on to your units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even if you have terminated your RSP. Should you decide to subscribe to the POSB Invest-Saver again, you can do so via any of our ATMs.
<unquote>

I don't quite get the above from PIS website, tt is if I've subscribe PIS thru RSP, how can I be still holding on the units if RSP has been terminated? pls enlighten me... thks
HoJolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #68

I don't quite get the above from PIS website, tt is if I've subscribe PIS thru RSP, how can I be still holding on the units if RSP has been terminated? pls enlighten me... thks
PIS is a RSP but after terminating this RSP you still have holdings of your units

Can I still hold my units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even after the termination of my RSP?
Yes, you can hold on to your units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even if you have terminated your RSP. Should you decide to subscribe to the POSB Invest-Saver again, you can do so via any of our ATMs.
If you decided to sell the units it is redemption of the units and not termination

10. What will my redemption price of the POSB Invest-Saver be?
Your redemption price would be based on the average redemption price on the Business Day following your redemption instruction, or such other day determined by the Bank in good faith and in a commercially reasonable manner.

The average redemption price is calculated by dividing the total proceeds from the shares sold by the total quantity of shares sold, based on the aggregated orders of all customers who sell their shares of the STI ETF on the particular redemption date. All customers who redeem the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF will be accorded same average redemption price.
All these are taken from the FAQs
tobiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #69

Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.
So recommended fund to choose will be MYHOME FUND - HOMEGROWTH right?
CaressOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #70

At the fee of 1% of the monthly investment amount, minimum $1 (for the minimum amount of $100/month), they are completely undercutting OCBC's BCIP. Well done
I thought OCBC BCIP comms is only at 0.3%, isnt it cheaper than POSB 1%?
Kinda confused....thanks.
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #71

Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.
So lets say I sign up an RSP thru this format, invest $100 monthly thru my savings/GIRO account. Whats next, do I have to constantly log in buy/sell shares?

Another eg: Put in monthly $100 for one year = $1200. So this $1200 will grow much >$1200 as compared to my $1200 in normal bank savings account WITHOUT me doing anything? Thus I can withdraw out my capital of $1200 + $xx amount?

Don't really understand how to earn the extra profits!!
Solution9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #72

Just purchase and set up RSP.. but shouldnt the RSP charge be FOC for 2 months? how come showing 1%?

Old 05-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #73

Just purchase and set up RSP.. but shouldnt the RSP charge be FOC for 2 months? how come showing 1%?

If you had planned to set yourself up on the invest saver plan, I think you've keyed in wrongly. The name of the fund shouldn't be SINGAPORE DIV EQTY S$

And it says the sales charge is 3.5%, not 1% (that's a discount)
imaraq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #74

This is the fund SINGAPORE DIV EQTY S$

http://www.nikkoam.com.sg/files/docu...div_a4_6pp.pdf
imaraq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #75

Oops.. thought i can select any one under NIKKO ASSET MANAGEMENT ASIA LIMITED. Then which one should i choose?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.