POSB Invest Saver

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Dec 15.

Because XD was on 4 Jan 2016. Dividend is based on the units you held on 3 Jan 2016 which is the last day of CD.

does anyone know, the Jan16 divd received, is based on the closing of the units held in dec15 ? or jan16?

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
which counter is more preferred? G3B and A35
thinking to invest $200 per month as a saving
should i dump all in either one counter or split $100 each?

Young Kindaichi

Reaction score
REgarding the posb blue chips RSP.

Guys i got 2 very simple question

PLease explain in layman terms

If somebody invests $100/month

So 1 year = $1200

How much dividends can he expect to receive?

2nd question, are dividends "cumulative"?

Meaning if i put in $200/month. Will i get MORE than twice the dividends of somebody who put $100/month?

I mean , the more you put obviously the more dividends you get. But my question is does the payout (ratio) becomes more rewarding?

Average

Banned
Reaction score
REgarding the posb blue chips RSP.

Guys i got 2 very simple question

PLease explain in layman terms

If somebody invests $100/month

So 1 year = $1200

How much dividends can he expect to receive?

Meaning if i put in $200/month. Will i get MORE than twice the dividends of somebody who put $100/month?

I mean , the more you put obviously the more dividends you get. But my question is does the payout (ratio) becomes more rewarding?

The last time I checked, this RSP has 2 counters to invest, NikkoAM STI ETF and one Bond ETF. To understand more about dividends, you may read up at sticky thread for dividends.

Dividend is paid per unit(share). http://dividends.sg/view/g3b This site allows you to check the dividend history. For the ETFs in this RSP, the dividends' rate is quite consistent. An example to understand div...

Example Singtel declares dividend of 6cents per share. If you hold 100shares of Singtel, you will be paid $6. If you hold 200shares, you get $12. Equivalently, for the RSP, when your investment amt increases, you are buying more units of the counter per month, meaning more dividend. However, the percentage dividend yield is the same no matter how many shares u buy.

Average

Banned
Reaction score
I think I have not answered the "cumulative qn"... here i will attempt to do that.

You need to understand that by holding the share by a longer time does not pay more dividend. The company will declare a ex-div date. Anyone holding the shares of the company on the xd date will be entitled to div payout. This means if you just bought the share for 1day before the xd date, you will get the same amt of div as someone who has been holding it for say 10years.

Please clarify if I misunderstood ur qn.

Last edited:

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score

Nope. It's the same % regardless if you have 1 unit or 100k units. That's how it is with all dividend payments in the market (that I know of), because dividend are declared per share and there's no "bundle deal".

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at my history, realize i buy a lot more when it's 3.4-3.6.. lol and less when it's lower..

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are posting in the correct thread. This is the POSB Invest Saver thread. Which means we do RSP style of investment. RSP is regular saving plan where we buy fixed amount every month. Participating in this plan means we don't try to time the market. Anyway the admin charges of 1% is quite high.

If you are planning to buy the ETF itself, then you should not consider this Invest Saver. You should ask your question in another thread found in this same sub forum.

Posting your question in the wrong thread give me the impressìon you are not understanding the nature of the different product on offer.

I mean will it drop further? :o When will be a good time to start this? :o Usually which one you all buy? STI ETF or Nikko ETF? :o

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are posting in the correct thread. This is the POSB Invest Saver thread. Which means we do RSP style of investment. RSP is regular saving plan where we buy fixed amount every month. Participating in this plan means we don't try to time the market. Anyway the admin charges of 1% is quite high.

If you are planning to buy the ETF itself, then you should not consider this Invest Saver. You should ask your question in another thread found in this same sub forum.

Posting your question in the wrong thread give me the impressìon you are not understanding the nature of the different product on offer.

I calculated. Unless I buy from SCB online if I go through other brokerage I will still incur higher admin charge compared to POSB invest saver? Correct me if I am wrong. :o Unless I am buying huge lots else if I just nibble bit by bit in absolute amount of equal/lesser than 300 dollars, the admin cost will still considerably lower than most brokerage house. :o Right? :o

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
You are correct. It only make sense if you plan to buy less than 300sgd or 260sgd based on today's price. Else buy from SCB.

Invest Saver buy Nikko ETF and not STI ETF.

You have to be aware that with Invest Saver you cannot time your purchase. You enrol into the RSP and they make the purchase at a designated point in the month. And that point is not fixed. We had earlier disucssion in this thread and knew that POSB do not buy exactly on a particular day. They deduct our money and then purchase over the next couple of days.

Know what you are buying into.

I calculated. Unless I buy from SCB online if I go through other brokerage I will still incur higher admin charge compared to POSB invest saver? Correct me if I am wrong. :o Unless I am buying huge lots else if I just nibble bit by bit in absolute amount of equal/lesser than 300 dollars, the admin cost will still considerably lower than most brokerage house. :o Right? :o

Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are correct. It only make sense if you plan to buy less than 300sgd or 260sgd based on today's price. Else buy from SCB.

Invest Saver buy Nikko ETF and not STI ETF.

You have to be aware that with Invest Saver you cannot time your purchase. You enrol into the RSP and they make the purchase at a designated point in the month. And that point is not fixed. We had earlier disucssion in this thread and knew that POSB do not buy exactly on a particular day. They deduct our money and then purchase over the next couple of days.

Know what you are buying into.

Thanks for the information on their purchase spread. :o

IAmZTX

Reaction score
1) Where can i retrieve the buying price for Nikko for each month? Do i have to wait for POSB quarterly statements?

2) If i currently have 500 units, if i want to sell it, it is based on the current month price?

keep_rolling

Reaction score
1) Where can i retrieve the buying price for Nikko for each month? Do i have to wait for POSB quarterly statements?

2) If i currently have 500 units, if i want to sell it, it is based on the current month price?
if u dont want to wait for the quarterly statement, u can also calculate urself by (RSP amount - Amount refunded by POSB after buying the ETF) / (No. of ETFs newly added to your account).

Or u can check the closing price of the ETF on 13th of every month.

I think the selling price is based on the current market price on the day u sell it. (maybe others can correct this, i have never sold the etf yet)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.