SATS Ltd *Official* (SGX: S58)

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Excluding the special dividends, the payout will be 71.3% of profit.

The company is flushed with cash and if they have no meaningful way of deploying the cash, I dun think its a bad idea to return some cash to the shareholders which will make the minority holders very happy.

Of cos it helps that your parent company is bleeding and need a boost from you (in the form of dividends) to improve its BS. :D

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The company is flushed with cash and if they have no meaningful way of deploying the cash, I dun think its a bad idea to return some cash to the shareholders which will make the minority holders very happy.

Of cos it helps that your parent company is bleeding and need a boost from you (in the form of dividends) to improve its BS. :D

That is a new perspective. Interesting! :):)

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parent is SIA ?
If I am not wrong , it has billions in its saving account.

WindBoi

Reaction score
the parent is facing a cyclical low business high cost enivronment, perhaps not the children but it does affect them. to be honest i thought SATs can be as cyclical as SIA compare to SIA engineering.

Krug

Master Member
Reaction score
Parent is SIA ?
If I am not wrong , it has billions in its saving account.

Yes but the parent is in an extremely competitive arena, with fuel prices getting higher and an economic slowdown still in place.

I'd choose SATS over its parent anyday. With the cruise center being managed by them I think it's going to continue to grow.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
today morning started promisingly hit 2.64/2.65
but dun know what happened a seller came in b4 lunch and started selling
Counter ranged narrowly 2.61 - 2.63 for the rest of the day

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If there is recession , we may choose budget airlines , shorter trips but can't run away from SATS ( dominanting at 80% ).

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score

In 2005, Lee K. Y. wants SIA group to sell away all his subsidiary, concentrate on core flight business.

Is SATS no more under SIA group liao issit? Who bought over?

wooty100

Reaction score
This counter is currently $3. Any views on the high yield on special dividends last yr and its prospect this year?

bhalimking

Reaction score
This counter is currently $3. Any views on the high yield on special dividends last yr and its prospect this year?

Special dividend last year is due to the divestment of the Daniel's group. This year there will not be any special special dividends paid like last year.

Prospect wise sports hub is finishing in 2014 and it has entered agreement to become their main food catering.

If you are looking at long term, SATS is fairly valued and will give you steady returns.

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SATS has come a long way...
Since splitting from SIA group, they have expanded from catering of food services to SIA, cargo, baggage and apron services.
Since acquiring SFI and TFK (Jap food caterer) and have ventured into food products like "Farmpride" and "Tenderfresh" (you can find these in NTUC and other supermarkets).

Really did not regret asking my mum to hoot this counter.
Last time all red now all green in her portfolio... Happy for her... :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.