Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

Potatingus

Reaction score
SMM should not go lower than $0.20 since this is the price of the rights.
Most of SCI will have factor in 4-5 SMM shares per 1 SCI shares.
So getting back ~$0.80 per SCI shares.

If current SCI persist at $1.70 then post-demerger, SCI should be trading $1.70-$0.80 = $0.90.
Do you think SCI is worth $0.90 after demerger?
Is SMM worth $0.20 after having Temasek as the main shareholder?

Of course, all these will be invalid if 3 resolutions are not passed.
Anyway, please do your own research.

Thanks for your perspective. Just that a bird in hand is always better than 2 in bush. From the announcement back in June until now is a long period of uncertainty for stockholders to bear I guess...
Bought my SCI shares at around 1.59 which is the main reason why I stuck around... Doubtful that the value will go below this amount. Just thinking out loud in terms of what could have been...

But then SCM going crazy today, so lets see :s13::s13::s13:

bakuten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ppl need to understand something when comes to oil....

when $80 oil comes....US fracking companies are going to restart and drive oil and nat gas price right down....cost of fracking is about $50 USD per barrel produced.

there's a reason why OPEC+ is holding oil at such low prices to bankrupt the fracking companies.

just becareful of the oil market....don't invest thinking things will be the same as 10-20 years ago.....fracking changed the game completely.
do you know before fracking came into the picture.....price ratio of oil:gas was 1:6? look where we are now.....the amount of nat gas produced by fracking as a byproduct is absolutely crazy.

as we found out....there was never a shortage of oil.....all the "running out of oil" narrative is pure BS and propaganda to drive up oil prices.
oil is super abundant and the carbon cycle ensures that new oil is being formed everyday around the planet.

Last edited:

dchia78

Reaction score
SMM should not go lower than $0.20 since this is the price of the rights.
Most of SCI will have factor in 4-5 SMM shares per 1 SCI shares.
So getting back ~$0.80 per SCI shares.

If current SCI persist at $1.70 then post-demerger, SCI should be trading $1.70-$0.80 = $0.90.
Do you think SCI is worth $0.90 after demerger?
Is SMM worth $0.20 after having Temasek as the main shareholder?

Of course, all these will be invalid if 3 resolutions are not passed.
Anyway, please do your own research.

Thinking more on this, why issue rights and make people pump more money in? If it is really a good deal, why isn't Temasek taking up everything?

So If the 3 resolutions dont go through, what's next? SCM price will go up and SCI will drop. SCM may need to issue rights again to raise money but SCI cannot run away as parent company. Would this be a better option?

wjmild

Reaction score
yes you can

Thanks all.
I’m in favour to the rights exercise. In fact, I have i choice since I have 2 lots at an avg price of $4. I’ve come this far.
My wife just gave birth on Monday and I’m in the hospital now and am taking care of my elder child. Please understand.

I’m just asking if I don’t vote and the majority voted the rights issue, can I still subscribe to the rights, or will I not be able to subscribe to the rights since I didn’t vote.

Please understand my noobish understanding

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking more on this, why issue rights and make people pump more money in? If it is really a good deal, why isn't Temasek taking up everything?

So If the 3 resolutions dont go through, what's next? SCM price will go up and SCI will drop. SCM may need to issue rights again to raise money but SCI cannot run away as parent company. Would this be a better option?

These few days will cheong to make people subscribe

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure if you familiar with right issues, if they allow temasek to take up everything at 20c, exisitng shareholder will be diluted..so for rights they give first option for us to subscribe, then any excesss sci or temasek will take up the remaining

If resolution fail scm said in townhall organized by sias they be in severe financial distress, they cant draw credit line from bank due to $4b debt, owe sci $1.5b and need $600m working capital, so privatization also out coz cant address liquidity hence right issue is best way out..thats what they shared when investor question the right issues

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask them to send you the egm link so u can dial in the webcast live on egm day. And hopefully you are voting yes!

Yup, I have that link.. Yes, will be voting YES with the 20+ lots I had from many years ago.. Yes, at super high price.. so high that I am to embarrassed to say it here. :(

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think no need to give instruction already, yesterday sembmarine announce their CR and XR dates...so i am thinking most likely the whitewash pass already based on the votes received so far.

Otherwise if whitewash fail next week they will cancel the CR and refund investors who bought this week and next? Cant be..

dchia78

Reaction score
Not sure if you familiar with right issues, if they allow temasek to take up everything at 20c, exisitng shareholder will be diluted..so for rights they give first option for us to subscribe, then any excesss sci or temasek will take up the remaining

If resolution fail scm said in townhall organized by sias they be in severe financial distress, they cant draw credit line from bank due to $4b debt, owe sci $1.5b and need $600m working capital, so privatization also out coz cant address liquidity hence right issue is best way out..thats what they shared when investor question the right issues

You brought up a good point. Temasek needs to subscribe the remaining rights if there is balance. So I guess they still see potential hope in this company? If so, why SCI still wanna let go of SCM?

Sorry, too many thoughts in my mind. BTW, I bought both SCI and SCM years ago. I guess I will abstain from voting cos dont know what to do.

MikeL09

Reaction score
i think no need to give instruction already, yesterday sembmarine announce their CR and XR dates...so i am thinking most likely the whitewash pass already based on the votes received so far.

Otherwise if whitewash fail next week they will cancel the CR and refund investors who bought this week and next? Cant be..

Huh? It means Chairman proxy is allowed to open up form to see vote? I was wondering yesterday that they alr know and got the votes as proxy forms were being received, thus explaining the rise in SCI price. No need to wait till 8 Aug to open up all forms at one go. If so, it begs the qn, hw to assess veracity of vote in such scenario?lol

MikeL09

Reaction score
You brought up a good point. Temasek needs to subscribe the remaining rights if there is balance. So I guess they still see potential hope in this company? If so, why SCI still wanna let go of SCM?

Sorry, too many thoughts in my mind. BTW, I bought both SCI and SCM years ago. I guess I will abstain from voting cos dont know what to do.

If you bought both SCI and SCM yrs back like myself at highs, all the more you should be voting yes. So much has been discussed and written.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think they want to consolidate keppel and SCM into one, thats why you need they will only confirm on their partial offer for keppel in end aug. I think demerger let SCI be more focused and also gain a potential rerating as a pure play utility, for Temasek its a good thing as it unlock shareholder return

Huh? It means Chairman proxy is allowed to open up form to see vote? I was wondering yesterday that they alr know and got the votes as proxy forms were being received, thus explaining the rise in SCI price. No need to wait till 8 Aug to open up all forms at one go. If so, it begs the qn, hw to assess veracity of vote in such scenario?lol

i have no idea too but i am thinking chairman proxy yet to open the form, but SCM and SCI already know the outcome based on sample size submitted, like in stats u get a sample size and the margin of error is plus minus few percent..so there must be an overwhelming yes vote for them to announce CR last night

MikeL09

Reaction score
i think they want to consolidate keppel and SCM into one, thats why you need they will only confirm on their partial offer for keppel in end aug. I think demerger let SCI be more focused and also gain a potential rerating as a pure play utility, for Temasek its a good thing as it unlock shareholder return

i have no idea too but i am thinking chairman proxy yet to open the form, but SCM and SCI already know the outcome based on sample size submitted, like in stats u get a sample size and the margin of error is plus minus few percent..so there must be an overwhelming yes vote for them to announce CR last night

Even so, going by Singapore GE sample vote/ polling results, some actual votes still have to be known.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even so, going by Singapore GE sample vote/ polling results, some actual votes still have to be known.

its quite straightforward their SCM CEO and BOD will vote yes, and while chairman proxy form are unopened, maybe some investors have submitted votes without a proxy through custodian or nominee and it hit the 50% mark

Anyway its a fact CR is already in, to me thats strongest signal because SGX or SCM cant reverse it if whitewash fail in AGM

aldophia

Reaction score
I believe CR is becos SCI has stated it is voting “yes” for the rights issue. With 61% shares, its a given, hence “CR” is correctly reflected.

HOWEVER, the whitewash resolution is unknown. So the rights issue may still be defeated next Tuesday if not enough shareholders support the whitewash resolution.

Reminder: All SCM shareholders please send in your proxy forms by Saturday 10am by email if not done so. Dont let the rights issue get defeated by opportunistic short sellers who will vote “no” for the whitewash resolution.

its quite straightforward their SCM CEO and BOD will vote yes, and while chairman proxy form are unopened, maybe some investors have submitted votes without a proxy through custodian or nominee and it hit the 50% mark

Anyway its a fact CR is already in, to me thats strongest signal because SGX or SCM cant reverse it if whitewash fail in AGM

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.