Singapore Airlines *Official* (SGX:C6L)

chiamt02

Reaction score
Your remisier should have told you SIA is a good stock. Did he tell you that?

If your remisier is lousy, he/she would have recommended cheap S chips to buy and not SIA. You should take this opportunity to read up on the past results/dividends of SIA, then you come and tell us whether your remisier is lousy.

Because at that time when your remisier ask you to buy at $14.70, whether you buy any other stock, at least 95% of the stock in the market would be lower than what you bought initially.

He did say SIA is good stock and he convinced me it is a good dividend stock. True most stocks plunged but SIA plunged 30percent while stocks like Starhub just dropped slightly. Of coz I should have did background checks but hey I was still new. Didn't know where to look... I actually didn't say he was lousy but I realized now I must rely on my own analysis.

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He did say SIA is good stock and he convinced me it is a good dividend stock. True most stocks plunged but SIA plunged 30percent while stocks like Starhub just dropped slightly. Of coz I should have did background checks but hey I was still new. Didn't know where to look... I actually didn't say he was lousy but I realized now I must rely on my own analysis.

Looking at the fundamentals, I think is a decent stock with backing of the government. But take note that this type of stock tend to be cyclical. If you can stomach a few down years, just buy a few lots at your own discretion

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score

You said he cannot make it. :s13:

Anyway, SIA is a good stock. And you have many years of ample dividend coming in.

As for starhub, it's just because you never seen the price drop before, doesn't mean it drop slightly means it's better than SIA.

chiamt02

Reaction score
You said he cannot make it. :s13:

Anyway, SIA is a good stock. And you have many years of ample dividend coming in.

As for starhub, it's just because you never seen the price drop before, doesn't mean it drop slightly means it's better than SIA.

I think almost everyone believes SIA is like the Hermes of airlines (whatever that means :) ) but to quote the title of this thread: is this a "Good time to be buying SIA shares"??

It is currently $11.44 which means my loss has been reduced abit :) past few weeks I have been thinking whether I should Average Down now that its so cheap but I am wary of sinking another $11K into this hole only to find that SIA never recover to $13 or $14 again.

So guys, would you guys think averaging SIA at $11+ now is a good move?

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Historically, still can go lower...if view based on P/E ratio. Recently SIA got do some buy back exercise, kinda shows they believe the price will go higher soon. You might want to buy a few lots

chiamt02

Reaction score
Historically, still can go lower...if view based on P/E ratio. Recently SIA got do some buy back exercise, kinda shows they believe the price will go higher soon. You might want to buy a few lots

SGX corporate action shows that SIA paid dividends in Nov 2010. Is there anyway we would know if they might do the same Nov 2011?

Thanks.

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SGX corporate action shows that SIA paid dividends in Nov 2010. Is there anyway we would know if they might do the same Nov 2011?

Thanks.

No way to know le:s13: Who can predict the future sia:s13:

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Looking at past record.....every Nov they give div.
This year should have.

Don't take my word...but it usually is the case.
They have to answer to shareholders if there is no div given in Nov 2011.

Not vested in this stock.

chiamt02

Reaction score
Looking at past record.....every Nov they give div.
This year should have.

Don't take my word...but it usually is the case.
They have to answer to shareholders if there is no div given in Nov 2011.

Not vested in this stock.

Neh.. Look closely, 2008 and 2010 nov got but 2009 don't have. Anyway SIA chiong quite a bit. If I had avg it when its 10+ now may break even liao then again hindsight is 20/20 lah...

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think almost everyone believes SIA is like the Hermes of airlines (whatever that means :) ) but to quote the title of this thread: is this a "Good time to be buying SIA shares"??

It is currently $11.44 which means my loss has been reduced abit :) past few weeks I have been thinking whether I should Average Down now that its so cheap but I am wary of sinking another $11K into this hole only to find that SIA never recover to $13 or $14 again.

So guys, would you guys think averaging SIA at $11+ now is a good move?

wow hermes of airlines! cool!!! i'm going taiwan by SQ soon so it means i own hermes before hehehe :s13::s13::s13:

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Neh.. Look closely, 2008 and 2010 nov got but 2009 don't have. Anyway SIA chiong quite a bit. If I had avg it when its 10+ now may break even liao then again hindsight is 20/20 lah...

Moi bad...missed out that one.....SIA chiong again today....11.83.

wow hermes of airlines! cool!!! i'm going taiwan by SQ soon so it means i own hermes before hehehe :s13::s13::s13:

Biz trip?
SIA air chicks standard (although got Taiwan chicks) pales in comparison to CAL air chicks. You reach Taipei Taoyuan....go walk around....those CAL air chicks....sluprz.

chiamt02

Reaction score
Moi bad...missed out that one.....SIA chiong again today....11.83.

I finally decided to average out and bought at 11.86 but the price dropped again! ****! I think SIA not compatible with me. I buy it sure drop.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to average out and bought at 11.86 but the price dropped again! ****! I think SIA not compatible with me. I buy it sure drop.

You made a mistake.....it is RALLY period n SIA is UP today.....

Tsk Tsk Tsk....if you want average down...should have wait for the mkt to drop or for XD to occur (if got div announcement)

chiamt02

Reaction score
You made a mistake.....it is RALLY period n SIA is UP today.....

Tsk Tsk Tsk....if you want average down...should have wait for the mkt to drop or for XD to occur (if got div announcement)

i was banking on its momentum mah.... i thought it can cross $12 mark... but who knows it didn't.. and came back down.

i also know better to buy when its $10+ but like i said earlier, who knows if PIIGS default SIA will be stucked....

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was banking on its momentum mah.... i thought it can cross $12 mark... but who knows it didn't.. and came back down.

i also know better to buy when its $10+ but like i said earlier, who knows if PIIGS default SIA will be stucked....

You mean you will SELL if hits $12??

Or otherwise?

My thinking is since you already wanted to average down, might as wait for the market to crash....issit it better? :s22:

tan1688

Reaction score
hmm nymex oil at 92USD, europe crisis solved, more european can spend travel on SIA .. buy buy next target $14

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya.. down abit from your price only... relax la..

Today is friday... profit taking and closing of positions day. It's normal to close lower

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm nymex oil at 92USD, europe crisis solved, more european can spend travel on SIA .. buy buy next target $14
Europe situation isn't solved...

It just looks better with the progress made as compared to weeks ago

chiamt02

Reaction score
Europe situation isn't solved...

It just looks better with the progress made as compared to weeks ago

Yeah.... read somewhere that PIIGS situation is merely postponed not resolved as ECB really dont have enough money to resolve the situation....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.