SingTel *Official* (SGX: Z74)

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read somewhere that IPhone sale for telcos are not
that profitable ( losing $ ? ) but need to sell it because of strong demand.
iPhone users are huge broadband bandwidth consumers . More loser.

You are partially wrong.

Telcos greatly subsidise iphones and high end models. They dont make much profits at POS. But they arent stupid to venture into loss making deals. So how do they earn? From the monthly subscriptions of top end plans. Just do the maths of $90 per month for the next 24 months. These are the long term and sustainable cashfows from the idiots (consumers).

Buy telcos (pick one) to hedge if you are a consumer.

WindBoi

Reaction score
The question is how much do they need to spend on infrastructure to keep up the qos

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry guys need your help. Will i be entitle for dividend if i sell on XD?

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hold it till for a while more after XD & if the market is bullish , the dividend is a bonus.

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel going so strong recently due to the coming XD, i wonder if it will plunge a lot immediately after 5 Aug to 3 dollar level ?

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Singtel maintains its high dividend , potential bonus with its plan to divert the Opennet etc, it will stay steady after initial drop.

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought 5 lots using CPF at 3.15. May offload before EX and not collect dividend if can hit 3.4 before EX. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.