Sinostar PEC *Official* (SGX: C9Q)

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You may be suprised by the next quarterly report on its profit and how fast it seems to shoot up thereafter.

Also, this might be one of the potential takeover targets.

Probably suitable for mid term investment of more than 3mths but less than a year.

Do your own research wor 😯😊

thank you for the insights. your insights are better than mine. :)

i done my research and i have my own convictions enough to poink down money.

Shawn26

Reaction score
Extracted from Alan's blog as below:-

http://alanu6.blogspot.sg/2017/05/sg-market-03-may-17.html?m=1

*Sinostar Pec: 1Q17 net profit surged 131% to Rmb26.4m on improved operational leverage. Revenue jumped 43% to Rmb471.9m, boosted by improved performance in process LPG (+45.5%), propylene (+62.5%) and polypropylene (+44.2%) divisions, largely driven by higher ASP and sales volume. Consequently, gross margin expanded 2.8ppt to 7.2%. Management is confident of its outlook in next 12 months and the group is in advanced negotiations to acquire a stake in a newly built propylene processing plant. NAV/unit at Rmb1.00.

Shawn26

Reaction score
I google quite a bit and understand a bit about the investment methods.

There are investment types which focus on dividends but I realize it's not suitable for me since my portfolio performed better (more than 20 percent increase in capital in 6mths) with selective growth stock or undervalued stock.

It's really up to indvidual choices on the investment type but one should set a target on the returns and compared it to the various investment type to see which can achieve the target easier with similar or less risk involved.

As usual, I encourage everyone to do their research and share if possible so we can all learn on our journey to financial freedom.

See u all having a gd life in retirement 😉

Shawn26

Reaction score
Visual trend looks similar to 14 Nov 16 to 07 Dec 16 period, seems like its undergoing consolidation phase before another likely surge.

For those good in technical analysis, might be interested to research further 😎

Shawn26

Reaction score
Seems like few analysts wants to do the research, review or provide the alerts for all stocks and are narrowly focused in the common few where information is probably more readily available for access.

However with the belief that hardworking alert ones exists, I managed to google and found more relevant articles to this stock 😊

http://sgxwinner.blogspot.sg/2017/05/sinostar-pec-hit-high-of-025-on-good.html?m=1

Reaction score
I google quite a bit and understand a bit about the investment methods.

There are investment types which focus on dividends but I realize it's not suitable for me since my portfolio performed better (more than 20 percent increase in capital in 6mths) with selective growth stock or undervalued stock.

It's really up to indvidual choices on the investment type but one should set a target on the returns and compared it to the various investment type to see which can achieve the target easier with similar or less risk involved.

As usual, I encourage everyone to do their research and share if possible so we can all learn on our journey to financial freedom.

See u all having a gd life in retirement 😉

Wow! shld sack Ho jinx and hired u instead, everyone huat!

Shawn26

Reaction score
Huge corporations in charge of government funds are most probably going for mid to long term investment (5-10years) and the returns maybe hard to estimate since the world seems to be changing quicker due to the increasingly focus on technology.

In general, this might means super big upside and super big downside which can happen anytime.

Therefore although the risk is much lower for longer time frame investment but it should not be associated with profitability directly.

Risk profile of investment that is about 1year is different hence cannot be compared directly to 5-10yrs super long term investment.

Pls do yr own research wor, theres no right or wrong in any risk profile if u make the returns which you targeted at before the investment 😯😎

Small Boy

Reaction score
Nowadays many more sophiscated trading methods are used to track stock behaviors, some are useful while some are not.

Neverthless its gd to read more to get insight from all angles for further evaluation.

Below is the recent article that I found from googling 😊

Article as of 02 Jun 17:

https://finnewsreview.com/shares-seesawing-on-volume-sinostar-pec-holdings-limited-c9q-si/

Thanks for your contributions in the thread. They're relish-worthy.

Btw while you're doing so much googling, do Google "Confirmation Bias". I would really relish your thoughts on it. :D

Shawn26

Reaction score
Thanks for your contributions in the thread. They're relish-worthy.

Btw while you're doing so much googling, do Google "Confirmation Bias". I would really relish your thoughts on it. :D

Due to the architecture of Google search engine, its one of the fastest in terms of info retrieval compared to the rest of the browsers available.

All info from the web regardless of the browers are subjective to the indvidual perception. Indvidual refers to whoever is writing it and also whoever is viewing it ...etc

Neverthless, if the majority of the info on the web "Rumors, News, Facts ..." etc is deemed "postive" to a certain extent by different "analysts, indvidual reviewer, brokers ...etc" then there might be a "snowball" effect on the sentiment towards a specific expectation of the performance of a company which should be taken into consideration during decision making.

So when info are analyzed in this perception as described above, there may be no "facts" in this world, its only how the majority perceived it 😊

Small Boy

Reaction score
oh... i thot u oni appear when stocks cxg...

Sent from 好心人 using GAGT

You must be mistaken, do check my previous posts. I thank many for their contributions.

The primary reason I use forums is to relish at MM and watching majority helping each other to MM.

There are a few which are class acts. They know who they are and I'm their biggest fan. I login to check their latest posts to get my fix.

Small Boy

Reaction score
Due to the architecture of Google search engine, its one of the fastest in terms of info retrieval compared to the rest of the browsers available.

All info from the web regardless of the browers are subjective to the indvidual perception. Indvidual refers to whoever is writing it and also whoever is viewing it ...etc

Neverthless, if the majority of the info on the web "Rumors, News, Facts ..." etc is deemed "postive" to a certain extent by different "analysts, indvidual reviewer, brokers ...etc" then there might be a "snowball" effect on the sentiment towards a specific expectation of the performance of a company which should be taken into consideration during decision making.

So when info are analyzed in this perception as described above, there may be no "facts" in this world, its only how the majority perceived it 😊

Thanks bro for your writeup. It's good. :)

Shawn26

Reaction score
Seems like a strong petrochemical mgmt making the right fundamental decisions.

General points observed as below:

-Tightening supply chain in both upstream and downstream.

-Increasing manufacturing efficiency.

-Renegotiated and completed long term feed stock contracts.

-Acquisitons to reinforce existing positions.

As a company listed on the mainboard with consistent profitability in the recent quarters, it maybe under valued due to low coverage by media and analysts.

Do your own research wor 😉

Small Boy

Reaction score
Seems like a strong petrochemical mgmt making the right fundamental decisions.

General points observed as below:

-Tightening supply chain in both upstream and downstream.

-Increasing manufacturing efficiency.

-Renegotiated and completed long term feed stock contracts.

-Acquisitons to reinforce existing positions.

As a company listed on the mainboard with consistent profitability in the recent quarters, it maybe under valued due to low coverage by media and analysts.

Do your own research wor 😉

Thanks for your write up. It's good. :)

Btw, how often do you do research on things like the above? Pls continue to share whenever you have done new research. I like it a lot. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.