Today stock market Chua Sai

blankk

Banned
Reaction score
Will chua sai until when? Chua sai until now many points STI? Buy, sell or hold?

platopus

Reaction score
last night (15 dec) S&P 500 drop till go under 2000 again, so morning continue.
But as of now (17 Dec 1am) S &P chiong back up le.

Earlier today was a good time to buy some stocks on the corrections, tmr should resume chugging up with a slow long term drop perhaps in the next 2 years

anewbie

Reaction score
My theory is it's has something to do with recent climate talks. If a deal is made to cut green house gas emission mutually, there will be a global correction. The market is anticipating that now.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My theory is it's has something to do with recent climate talks. If a deal is made to cut green house gas emission mutually, there will be a global correction. The market is anticipating that now.

:s11::s11::s11:

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happily vested with reits, come next month is CD period again.
just that the blue chips that are the worrying counters :(

Bedokian

Reaction score

There is also the ruble crisis, the oil price plunge, the slowing of China's growth, etc. playing a part as well.

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

doubt so......

platopus

Reaction score
Anewbie,

Climate hasn't been on the mind of central banks n feds for a long time.

I wished it was, I studied geography in university, but climate is not a financial concern for now, even though it can bring down the world

anewbie

Reaction score
Good discussion. How would oil price impact stock market? Except a few oil&gas energy-related stocks are positively correlated to oil price, I'd think majority are negatively correlated, coz lower oil price, lower logistics cost, lower bottom line, stock market should rise, no?

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good discussion. How would oil price impact stock market? Except a few oil&gas energy-related stocks are positively correlated to oil price, I'd think majority are negatively correlated, coz lower oil price, lower logistics cost, lower bottom line, stock market should rise, no?

1) oil price has a 0.6-0.7 positive correlation with djia. Furthermore, oil price is a leading indicator to djia in this regard. This is because lower oil demand is a symptom that manufacturing has slowed. This is not a good economic sign.
But I believe this correlation will get slightly weaker as US is making the drive towards alternative energy sources eg Natural gas, nuclear power etc.

2) Highly leveraged middle oil firms have a chance of going bankrupt with worries of contagion effect.

In all, I hope what you say comes true, but the volatility stems from discerning if this oil price slump is good news. There is a lot of noise in the market making out of this pricing and HOPEFULLY, it's due to oil supply increase rather than oil demand fall.

As of now, I'm leaning towards oil supply increase from mostly reliable evidence and research.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday STI almost flat despite DJ went up 2++ points.

Last night DJ up another 4++ points.

Will STI regain all the lost this week ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.