Trading on Russian stock market

enemychaser

Reaction score
Any bros here trading Russia stocks? Looking at some of the big names now they are really dirt cheap, tempted to buy but can't seem to find any brokerage services here that offer access to that market.

hindsight

Master Member
Reaction score
They are extremely cheap but there is a big problem - the fx risk is just too great.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros here trading Russia stocks? Looking at some of the big names now they are really dirt cheap, tempted to buy but can't seem to find any brokerage services here that offer access to that market.

I don't encourage this at all, because like I said in another thread "it can't possibly get any worse" is not a good investing strategy, but there are some Russian names available as ADRs in NYC. Here's a list.

enemychaser

Reaction score
I don't encourage this at all, because like I said in another thread "it can't possibly get any worse" is not a good investing strategy, but there are some Russian names available as ADRs in NYC. Here's a list.
Thanks for the list bro, I found that as well. But how exactly do you trade those OTC shares?

As for the risk, I'm aware of it. I wouldn't buy anything without first thoroughly looking through the stocks, of course. I just thought there might be some good buys in the market after all the negative news. :)

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score

few people are familiar with the russia exchange blue chips, so most trader just use an etf like RSX which is traded on the US exchange to gain access to the russia market

currently russia index is only trading at 6 times earnings
I am long on RSX

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.