USA Stocks discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

peipei1

Reaction score
US market can it reach Jan peak by August, meaning we have the longest bullrun in history!

Msft is running up before earnings, please be good surprise for another 10% upside! :D

Do you think msft can be another Adobe, chiong 100% in a year thanks to cloud services, because amongst them, msft price like the lowest but they have constant stream of income!

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
US Market kept going up for the past 2 weeks saddens me. Wonder when will investors realise the negative impact of tariff. I mean can't investors be not delusional??

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US Market kept going up for the past 2 weeks saddens me. Wonder when will investors realise the negative impact of tariff. I mean can't investors be not delusional??

Wrong approach.

You shouldn't be reading too much news. It is not going to be easy to interpret the stock market direction from news that you hear all the time.

You should consider any dips as buying opportunities instead.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are lot of technicals at play in the short term, fundmentals come into play only in the long term. Nobody can predict how the orange man is going to keep changing his mind and what the impact on earnings will be. In the meantime, markets keep going up and down and both bulls and bears will find their own reasons.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

murphys

Reaction score
There are lot of technicals at play in the short term, fundmentals come into play only in the long term. Nobody can predict how the orange man is going to keep changing his mind and what the impact on earnings will be. In the meantime, markets keep going up and down and both bulls and bears will find their own reasons.

I would add on... generally, it is always harder to short the market. The odds are simply stacked against you - Retail players will generally buy, Asset managers are also mostly long only unless they are looking to exit positions. Hedge funds can go both long or short. All in all, the general bias is to go long rather than short. So unless the market gets really nervous and tariffs are hitting the bottom line, the market tends to want to focus on optimistic scenario. And thats' the time when fear sets in and we get violent sell offs.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would add on... generally, it is always harder to short the market. The odds are simply stacked against you - Retail players will generally buy, Asset managers are also mostly long only unless they are looking to exit positions. Hedge funds can go both long or short. All in all, the general bias is to go long rather than short. So unless the market gets really nervous and tariffs are hitting the bottom line, the market tends to want to focus on optimistic scenario. And thats' the time when fear sets in and we get violent sell offs.
Good point.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you read news headlines, you will know there will always be 1 new story about related to financial market.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you read news headlines, you will know there will always be 1 new story about related to financial market.

They have to write something. Otherwise, they are out job.
Can they say, "Today, there is no news." This is a good news.

Last edited:

archcherub

Reaction score
I think tobacco stocks earnings and consumer staples earnings will drop lesser during recession.
payday lenders and pawnshops should have increase earnings during recession as well.
Inverse ETF of S&P 500 may also go up when recession hits.

JNJ i guess.... :)

archcherub

Reaction score

do u know something that they don't? maybe its you (and me) that are delusional? :s22:

archcherub

Reaction score
EArning seasons started!
disappointed with NFLX results. $390x dropped to $346.
Now recovering to $366

what stocks are you excited in the new few days/weeks for earning season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.