(Storage) SSD Discussion Thread

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score
zxkby.png

How to: Change SATA Modes After Windows 7 Installation

anyone who already install ssd can do change the setting to ahci..and definitly change the score mark..

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I ask, between the Samsung 830 256GB or the Plextor M3S 256GB. which SSD would you guys go for? They are going for $309 and $332 respectively, according to Bell's pricelist of even date. Thank you. :)

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I run some test to check on the Samsung 830 SSD ... this is what I gotten :

HD Tune Pro 5.00
2ezhc44.jpg

CrystalDiskInfo 5.0.0
14o4qqw.jpg

Do I need to RMA the drive? Which means I need to send back to US.

yancm2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I ask, between the Samsung 830 256GB or the Plextor M3S 256GB. which SSD would you guys go for? They are going for $309 and $332 respectively, according to Bell's pricelist of even date. Thank you. :)

Bell sells the Samsung 830 256GB ? Can't seem to find it in its pricelist ? Anyway get the Samsung instead of the Plextor due to higher write speeds of the former.

yancm2

Master Member
Reaction score
When I run some test to check on the Samsung 830 SSD ... this is what I gotten :

HD Tune Pro 5.00
2ezhc44.jpg

CrystalDiskInfo 5.0.0
14o4qqw.jpg

Yes, Rma back to US. :)

DeathSythe

Reaction score
anyone needs a ocz 3.5" adapter for your solid state harddrive, i bought an extra piece from amazon. letting it go for 15 dollars nego

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HD Tune Pro 5.00
2ezhc44.jpg

CrystalDiskInfo 5.0.0
14o4qqw.jpg

crc error may not necessarily mean the ssd/drive. e.g. if during a file transfer the crc hash is different, the file transfer is re-initialed. tho the "fault" may be lie somewhere else, e.g. sata cable or other, but the error count is kept on the ssd/drive's smart data.

but me layman tho...

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HD Tune Pro 5.00
2ezhc44.jpg

CrystalDiskInfo 5.0.0
14o4qqw.jpg

crc error may not necessarily mean the ssd/drive. e.g. if during a file transfer the crc hash is different, the file transfer is re-initialed. but the "fault" may be lie somewhere else, e.g. sata cable or other, but the error count is kept on the ssd/drive's smart data.

but me layman tho...

I googled and found various answers ... one of them say that after awhile if the error do not occur again ... it will go away. I think I saw similar stuffs on another harddisk before also.

But I am new to SSD ... so was hoping to get some advice here.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suggest u try different sata cable & different sata port/controller. then see if the crc error count increase or not...

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suggest u try different sata cable & different sata port/controller. then see if the crc error count increase or not...

Already did that and the CRC error count is still at "134" from then till now.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
But how come 2 different software is showing 2 different result?

The results are the same. HD Tune outputs the data in decimal format while CDI gives you the raw output which is in hexadecimal format.

86 (Hexadecimal) = 134 (Decimal)

If you tried changing the SATA cable/controller already and the value remains constant after usage, I don't believe there is any reason to worry as of now. Just make sure it doesn't increase... ;)

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, if ecc error count dun increase, then likely cause is not ur ssd but the sata cable/port/controller u changed from. just monitor a few days tho...

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bell sells the Samsung 830 256GB ? Can't seem to find it in its pricelist ? Anyway get the Samsung instead of the Plextor due to higher write speeds of the former.

According to Bell's pricelist from yesterday, they do. Thank you for your opinion.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.