[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
What's download speed can you hit if you download a big file off the internet?
what's the speed when you read and write to it via local wifi>

can someone please share?

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's download speed can you hit if you download a big file off the internet?
what's the speed when you read and write to it via local wifi>

can someone please share?

I think you will be limited by the speed of your internet and wireless as long as they are not in excess of 1Gbps.

I did a test on my DS412+ sometime back.

Synology DS412+ Review - Speed Test

Last edited:

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He asking for a rough estimate of the place and location where he can get DS213j, that's why I never include shop name.

can someone be a kind soul and give a rough estimate of the place and location where i can get the

synology d213j
and 2 x 3tb wd red nas 2.0 drives?

thank you

Memory world, mediapro have it. You can try asking them to match the show price.

a shop name would be nice. if inconvenient to post, please PM me cos looking for a 2-bay 213j as well.

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting location :D I Highly doubt they will match show prize. Will head down on monday to get one, can't wait for people to sell their used ones on marketplace any longer

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, do we need Static IP to get NAS to be able to be accesible from the outside world ? I am using MyRepublic, I did some googling and found some users saying Static IP is required

I've done my port forwarding etc and yet unable to access it. Am i missing some steps ?

leecs93

Reaction score
Hi Synology users,

I'm in the process of choosing which Synology model to buy and hope that current users can share their experience with it.

I'm contemplating on getting DS213j, DS213air or DS413j. Purpose of NAS is to store videos, pics and backup. Hope to stream video from NAS to SmartTV/iPad. Current files hv reached 1TB already n most likely to increase.

Placement of NAS should be next to router but with the option of connecting in study room via gigabit switch.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting location :D I Highly doubt they will match show prize. Will head down on monday to get one, can't wait for people to sell their used ones on marketplace any longer

wait for another 2mths :D dec pc show again right lol

rescapind

Reaction score
guys, do we need Static IP to get NAS to be able to be accesible from the outside world ? I am using MyRepublic, I did some googling and found some users saying Static IP is required

I've done my port forwarding etc and yet unable to access it. Am i missing some steps ?

Either static public IP or dynamic public IP + DDNS would work.
I heard MR issues private IP by default. Hence it might be the problem. MR users, pls correct me if I'm wrong.
If it is correct, then you need to subscribe to a static IP from MR.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mediapro selling DS213j @ $269.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Either static public IP or dynamic public IP + DDNS would work.
I heard MR issues private IP by default. Hence it might be the problem. MR users, pls correct me if I'm wrong.
If it is correct, then you need to subscribe to a static IP from MR.

Upup will like to know for MR.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Upup will like to know for MR.

MR is using private ip addressing for end users connection, meaning you can't setup any portforwarding to access your NAS, IP Cam, etc.

you will need to subscribe to the Static IP addon which gives you a public accessible ip
https://secure.myrepublic.com.sg/add-ons/static-ip.php

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for MR, yes u will need static ip address no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.