[HDD] Western Digital RMA

Yong

Reaction score
Is there a local distributor we can send in defective hdd to?

i read online that we got to send in the drive and the replacement will be send to us, and that hardware clinic thread about RMA states

Solectron GLOBAL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD
(Global Service) o/b Western Digital Corporation
BLK 750B CHAI CHEE ROAD #01-01,TECHNOPARK @ CHAI CHEE,SINGAPORE 469002

is doing the RMA. Anyone cna confirm pls?

Im sending in a 1.5 TB external HDD,

xBlackHawkx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can either send it back to the shop where you bought your ext hdd or make a trip down to solectron. I been there once to rma my hdd.

aderica

Reaction score
OT: How come my wdc hdd warranty card stated at macpherson instead of chai chee?

xBlackHawkx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a passport 120gb. Achieva.

Oh. How come my passport 160gb doesn't have the warranty card? i was told to register online with the S/N given on the seal and go to chai chee if RMA is required.

aderica

Reaction score
Oh. How come my passport 160gb doesn't have the warranty card? i was told to register online with the S/N given on the seal and go to chai chee if RMA is required.

Thats why. How come different distributor? You bought from where?

bigboysg

Reaction score
Yup. I find Achieva's 1 to 1 exchange very useful.
I had a bad 750GB WD HD in the batch that we bought a couple months back. Just went down to Achieva in the morning to get a new replacement, pop the new drive into the NAS to rebuild the RAID5 volume, and everything was fine a few hours later.....

Mann

Reaction score
Yup. I find Achieva's 1 to 1 exchange very useful.
I had a bad 750GB WD HD in the batch that we bought a couple months back. Just went down to Achieva in the morning to get a new replacement, pop the new drive into the NAS to rebuild the RAID5 volume, and everything was fine a few hours later.....

provided they have stock for the particular model of hdd you sent for rma,sure they will change for you on the spot,if not you still have to wait for replacement within 1 or 2 weeks.

bigboysg

Reaction score
So far I've been down there twice this year (we have many HDs). Been lucky I guess as they have stock of our models each time.

jk2060

Reaction score
So far I've been down there twice this year (we have many HDs). Been lucky I guess as they have stock of our models each time.

Anyone know what will happen if rma that model is end of service, not production anymore? wad will they replacing with ar?

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so just to confirm. WD hard drives with achieva warranty have 5 year 1 on 1 and those from WD direct will be 3 years?

i check on mine, 5 years 1 on 1 but on the website is only 3 years

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so just to confirm. WD hard drives with achieva warranty have 5 year 1 on 1 and those from WD direct will be 3 years?

i check on mine, 5 years 1 on 1 but on the website is only 3 years
Someone already replied to you in the other thread. Please check.

pentexplorer

Reaction score
this is for both internal and external hds? Btw thinking of going down tomorrow to change my passport. like got some problems..can anyone confirm whether its change on the spot?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.