HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Review] Ainol Novo 7 Paladin, Sub $150 ICS Goodness?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #31
Banned

Can change to manual to english?

any support for 3g dongle in ice cream sandwich?

Anyway, one shop at sls 3rd floor #03-88 quoted me $169...
Yup, manual can be changed to English as per the video review. Not very sure about the 3g connectivity as I didnt have a 3G dongle to test it out.

What other accessories did the $169 come with?
repel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #32

Hey, sorry it didnt manage to test it indepth as the unit has been sold already. But with my experience in handling the tablet, the tablet did take a long time to charge via the wall charger. I believe the battery stats wasnt calibrated as well.

Wifi was also pretty decent, partly because the tests were conducted near the router about 2m away. Didnt get the time to do a in depth test as well

Just checked the sample videos i used. Indeed they werent Full HD, they were running at 1920x816 instead of 1920x1080. Apologize for the mix up
Thanks for clearing up

You sold it already? Why so fast...

If the battery stats is like Novo7A, then the last 15% can last a long time
seasonscrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
Banned

Thanks for clearing up

You sold it already? Why so fast...

If the battery stats is like Novo7A, then the last 15% can last a long time
Thanks for pointing it out as well!! Must have rushed the video review too much. Haha

Yea, cuz happened to have another Galaxy Tab 8.9 as a gift though. But too expensive for my liking.

The battery life was pretty long while doing my reviews as well. Looking forward to ur review when ur tab arrives as well!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #34

Thanks for pointing it out as well!! Must have rushed the video review too much. Haha

Yea, cuz happened to have another Galaxy Tab 8.9 as a gift though. But too expensive for my liking.

The battery life was pretty long while doing my reviews as well. Looking forward to ur review when ur tab arrives as well!
Nice gift

I'm always too lazy to do a nice review like yours. Actually I should, maybe can get some company interested to give me free samples to review
Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #35

Which shop? Did SIC please...
bro, pm u already.

i think should put the trigger first. see how good the novo7 elf.
ic88shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
Banned

Nice gift

I'm always too lazy to do a nice review like yours. Actually I should, maybe can get some company interested to give me free samples to review
Haha, mine is just a simple one! Looking forward to yours cause there is definitely more technical details than mine. Whats the ETA of yours

Anyway just curious, i downloaded the duck video which you had posted the link for earlier on. And the video was lagging while I was using VLC player. Do you require any codecs or particular player for it to play smoothly?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #37

Haha, mine is just a simple one! Looking forward to yours cause there is definitely more technical details than mine. Whats the ETA of yours

Anyway just curious, i downloaded the duck video which you had posted the link for earlier on. And the video was lagging while I was using VLC player. Do you require any codecs or particular player for it to play smoothly?

Thanks!
I think I only try playing on PC once, I'm using the K-lite mega codecs pack. The 720P & 1080P videos play well on Allwinner A10 & Rockchip RK2918 tablets default players. 2160P one only plays on earlier version of Novo7A firmware.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
Kop

bro, pm u already.

i think should put the trigger first. see how good the novo7 elf.
Pm too! Novo7 elf, what is that?
Maybe we should do a mass order. Find kindsoul who is willing to help us bring over from china for free. I can only dream now...
Kop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Office-Link Electronics, #02-56, Sim Lim Square selling at $130 before GST. Just got a set from them today..

Make sure you try out the demo set and is satisfied.. they won't bring out the new set until you make a purchase due to some weird reasons.
ocillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #40

Office-Link Electronics, #02-56, Sim Lim Square selling at $130 before GST. Just got a set from them today..

Make sure you try out the demo set and is satisfied.. they won't bring out the new set until you make a purchase due to some weird reasons.
Wow even cheaper lah

bro, any idea what the weird reason ?

Vry scared being chop by them, dont know whether is it OEM set or nor !
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #41

Pm too! Novo7 elf, what is that?
Maybe we should do a mass order. Find kindsoul who is willing to help us bring over from china for free. I can only dream now...
bro, for Novo7 elf. look at this forum Ainol Novo 7 Elf Tablet - Android 4.0.3 IPS Cortex A10 Reviews.

see the result for novo7 elf first than decide whether to do a mass order loh.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #42
Supremacy Member

Sigh, no IPS screen, but at least the resolution is better now.
snipes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #43

Anyone bothers to look at Chinagrabber reviews?

chinagrabber Reviews - chinagrabber.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
Chinagrabber.com Website Reviews - Page 1 | SiteJabber
Chinagrabber reviews | Customer reviews of Chinagrabber

The reviews don't know fake or real, but the site don't have many reviews is troubling.

These online sites all will have negative reviews & some good reviews that looks fake. So my advise is open eyes and look for ones with lesser negative feedbacks and more real feedbacks.

Good luck to those who pre-order
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #44
Kop

Prices displayed by GST-registered businesses should be the final prices (i.e. GST-inclusive) that you are paying. GST-registered businesses are not allowed to display, quote, advertise or publish prices without GST.

An exception is made for businesses in the hotel and food & beverage (F & B) industries. These businesses may display GST-exclusive prices for goods and services that are subject to service charge.

Source : IRAS
Kop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #45
Master Member

I should have hold on my purchase. I got mine from level 3 at $179. Include a case and screen protector. But the price of $130 before gst is really cheaper. Feel so chopped now.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.