the [Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7] thread

wenghan

Reaction score
Have been using Tab 7.7 (with data plan) for the past 2.5 years. really pleased with it's performance. alas the battery unit is getting weaker. need to look for a replacement soon.

users of tab 7.7: any tablet to recommend? (after you have experienced tab 7.7 and using another one now)

sgmem88

Reaction score
Anybody recommend any good custom roms for this device.

I was thinking about selling it and getting a Tab S 8.4 Wifi but decided to keep it instead. Really like the build quality and battery life.

Tried SlimKat and CM 12 but I found both quite buggy for me. Lots of things didn't work and hangs a lot. Now back to official JB rom. Really is quite nice and smooth after a fresh install.

Also noticed that not using an external sd card seems to make the device a lot less laggy! Maybe that's why it's been removed from the GS6.

Thanks

Have you tried those roms by daniel_hk?

SZQddy

Reaction score
Have you tried those roms by daniel_hk?

Only the SlimKat. Didn't work very well for me. Maybe I didn't install correctly.

Think I'll stick with official JB for now and try different launchers. Although keeping an eye on the Omnirom 5.1. Looks promising. Never thought this tablet would see lollipop!:s12:

sgmem88

Reaction score
Only the SlimKat. Didn't work very well for me. Maybe I didn't install correctly.

Think I'll stick with official JB for now and try different launchers. Although keeping an eye on the Omnirom 5.1. Looks promising. Never thought this tablet would see lollipop!:s12:

Agreed, its amazing that it can see lollipop!

unfortunately, my 7.7 is officially declared dead yesterday after I received my new original battery and still can't boot it up

sgmem88

Reaction score
anyone has spoilt 7.7 to give away? PM me

like to use as hobby to diagnose what went wrong with my set

not keen to pay for used set...already order tab s 8.4 as replacement...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.