AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
yes. please fix the browser, real downer..

i think it is hard bcoz of the specs of the tab7. which we really must learn to endure as what the guys have said tablets have pros and cons.

the tab7 makes an amazing video player nonetheless.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, if you're having trouble with the default browser please try to update its flash player. You can go to the Google play store and keyin "adobe flash player" then select and update. Even though my testing set is working as normal, I suggested this because I personally feel that there's an improvement after I did the upgrade. Hope you can give it a try and monitor again after this.

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One way is to just disable the flash plugin or make it run on demand. Even dual/quad core tablets struggle with flash at times, what more this low end tablet.

okuno mike

Reaction score
AC RYAN!
Initially. a couple of days ago there was some image burn in on the screen (notification bar can be faintly seen a lot of times, especially while playing vids and browsing photos). Not really a biggy to me so didn't bother to go down service center..

...just an hr ago after charging however, there's a line on the screen! :eek:

I am unable to reach the service centre by 5:30 as I end work at 6:15 and the journey will take abt half an hr. I bought it from challenger last week tue so I think I cant do an exchange there already since it's more than one week. :(
Please advice on how can I get a replacement asap, AC Ryan. Thanks.

Last edited:

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
@ okuno mike

First of all sorry for any inconvenience. We definitely need to replace your tablet because of its fault. As it already passed 7 days after you purchased it from Challenger, sorry to say that only way we can make replacement is through our service center at Kaki Bukit. Please note our operating hours.

Last edited:

okuno mike

Reaction score
@ okuno mike

First of all sorry for any inconvenience. We definitely need to replace your tablet because of its fault. As it already passed 7 days after you purchased it from Challenger, sorry to say that only way we can make replacement is through our service center at Kaki Bukit. Please note our operating hours.

Which is 9:30 to 5:30 right?
Sigh, another half day leave gone agn :(

icy1118

Reaction score
Any place got sell screen protector for tab 7, if only kaki bukit got sell abit inconvenient to us =/

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Any place got sell screen protector for tab 7, if only kaki bukit got sell abit inconvenient to us =/

Sorry, it can only be purchase from our service center. That is why we provided the screen protector with each newly purchased set.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Which is 9:30 to 5:30 right?
Sigh, another half day leave gone agn :(

Correct. But if you have a friend, relatives that are free and can help you send the tab to our service center during our operating time then you do not need to take leave. Hope there is :)

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery indicator issue

yesterday just found out my full charge stuck at 69%. i am on the latest firmware version 1.1.6. i have done a full discharge before doing a full recharge.
please advise.........

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Strange...please try to monitor this again, do drain the battery and then charge it. If still the same, then the next option is to do a factory reset, note that you need to backup any data you have save as this option will erase everything.

gonggong

Reaction score
For the AC Ryan Tab7, can i do the following?

plug a USB Hub (with a SD card reader and SD card, and a portable 2.5in HDD attached to the USB Hub) to the USB port of the Tab7?

So that i can use the tab7 to copy files from the SD card to the portable HDD?

mindthegap

Reaction score
After reading through the thread , seems like most of the problems with this tablet came up with the first batch of tablets. And lot of angry customers first because of pre order delay and then with the faulty units unable to replace at once because of lack of stock.

My question now is how is the current batch of tablets especially the one from challenger and Harvey? Are users still having the same problems?

Was considering to buy those USD 100 (150sgd? Free shipping)tablets from DX.com till I saw this tab yesterday at challenger. 219 Seems like a better deal than the DX.com tablets which would be more troublesome to have replaced if got defects.

Just trying to decide between DX.com tablets vs acryan tab7 vs better known tablets

And btw. Why are people saying nexus 7 is less than 300 SGD? Isn't it about 400+? At least that's what mobile square SG is selling

great22

Reaction score
For the AC Ryan Tab7, can i do the following?

plug a USB Hub (with a SD card reader and SD card, and a portable 2.5in HDD attached to the USB Hub) to the USB port of the Tab7?

So that i can use the tab7 to copy files from the SD card to the portable HDD?

Yes, It was my purpose of getting tab7 too, so that I could transfer photos from my camera SD cards to portable harddisk during my holiday trips.

Do take note that some of the portable harddisks might not be able to detect by the tab7, as it requires higher voltage source from the USB port. But those green harddisks which are "environmental friendly" should be able to support.

My advice is to bring along your portable harddisk to test it out in the stores.

gonggong

Reaction score
Yes, It was my purpose of getting tab7 too, so that I could transfer photos from my camera SD cards to portable harddisk during my holiday trips.

Do take note that some of the portable harddisks might not be able to detect by the tab7, as it requires higher voltage source from the USB port. But those green harddisks which are "environmental friendly" should be able to support.

My advice is to bring along your portable harddisk to test it out in the stores.

hi. So, it means it worked for you on your AC Ryan Tab7?

I am looking to transfer pics from SD card to portable HDD during trips.
I always feel safer to have backup copy coz i might never visit a particular place again. guess i got to bring out all the card reader plus my hdd to try it out.

great22

Reaction score
hi. So, it means it worked for you on your AC Ryan Tab7?

I am looking to transfer pics from SD card to portable HDD during trips.
I always feel safer to have backup copy coz i might never visit a particular place again. guess i got to bring out all the card reader plus my hdd to try it out.

Yes, it works for my samsung portable HDD.

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
power indicator failure

i have already indicated that i did a full discharge before doing a full charge again. the result is still the same....... I followed your advice to reset to original default setting and did a overnight charging, and the result is 80%full. i did the next best thing to do and updated to the latest firmware and tried a full discharge before again did another overnight charging. Result 80%full.........
The funny thing is normally i will shut down the Tablet and do the charging but suddenly i asked myself what if i tried charging it without shutting down the Tablet. And the result was i could get 100%charged indication!!! OMFG i thought
maybe i did something wrong but when i tried charging it in shutdown mode again, the result was still the same 80% full indication. Only when the TABLET is active and charging,then it is able to show 100% full indication. WHY???????
Please tell me what is wrong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.