AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiss. i got 1 time buy the ah tiong tablet the U18GT . After few days hor i got problem with it already

Firstly , I didn't know some ah tiong tablet need to flash in order to get play store ( which annoy me :( )

Secondly , after few weeks , the tablet spoilt eh :( , then bo warranty .

more to say hor once bitten , twice shy . so that's why i want buy tablet got well name brand one and no need flash to get the store.. more over i saw the promo of AC ryan tablet 7 promo this coming comex not bad .. :s22: , i also not that good in tablet . read so many forum headache eh.

off topic abit ah.

Nexus tablet cheapest how much ? . i want daily usage eh , can play game , browse website , see movie can liao . dont want so high end and cheap :D
The play store is still there but some apps cannot be downloaded due to restrictions (FB/twitter etc)

Read the nexus thread in this forum for all your queries.. the price range is $330-350 for the 8gb and $400 for the 16gb..

The battery life for the nexus is the best from what I know and it comes with USD25 store credit and is easy to root. But it does not have any HDMI port nor expansion slots. That's the downside..

And Asus singapore acknowledges the warranty for this tablet :D

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The play store is still there but some apps cannot be downloaded due to restrictions (FB/twitter etc)

Read the nexus thread in this forum for all your queries.. the price range is $330-350 for the 8gb and $400 for the 16gb..

The battery life for the nexus is the best from what I know and it comes with USD25 store credit and is easy to root. But it does not have any HDMI port nor expansion slots. That's the downside..

And Asus singapore acknowledges the warranty for this tablet :D

alamak bro,

i believe all tablet got pros/cons. If 1 tablet is so perfect macam angel ah. confirm plus chop other tablet won't make money .:s22:

i think hor, i will go for AR liao . i dont want later spoilt no warranty , kena flash to get full play store access. later macam the ahtiong tablet i bought .
$$ fly just like that. nexus macam too godly le, i read all the people post at the thread. macam ferrari like that. i proton can liao :s13::s13: or maybe by tonight i go check again what tablet i want then go hoot before tomorrow comex. hehehe

oh yah hor, i also wanna ask, this tablet got the USB port right ? .is for what use 1 ? . can plug my ipod and charge? .:s22:

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alamak bro,

i believe all tablet got pros/cons. If 1 tablet is so perfect macam angel ah. confirm plus chop other tablet won't make money .:s22:

i think hor, i will go for AR liao . i dont want later spoilt no warranty , kena flash to get full play store access. later macam the ahtiong tablet i bought .
$$ fly just like that. nexus macam too godly le, i read all the people post at the thread. macam ferrari like that. i proton can liao :s13::s13: or maybe by tonight i go check again what tablet i want then go hoot before tomorrow comex. hehehe

oh yah hor, i also wanna ask, this tablet got the USB port right ? .is for what use 1 ? . can plug my ipod and charge? .:s22:

you buying ext battery pack or tablet???? usb port is of coz for charging/sync wad...

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiss. i got 1 time buy the ah tiong tablet the U18GT . After few days hor i got problem with it already

Firstly , I didn't know some ah tiong tablet need to flash in order to get play store ( which annoy me :( )

Secondly , after few weeks , the tablet spoilt eh :( , then bo warranty .

more to say hor once bitten , twice shy . so that's why i want buy tablet got well name brand one and no need flash to get the store.. more over i saw the promo of AC ryan tablet 7 promo this coming comex not bad .. :s22: , i also not that good in tablet . read so many forum headache eh.

off topic abit ah.

Nexus tablet cheapest how much ? . i want daily usage eh , can play game , browse website , see movie can liao . dont want so high end and cheap :D
In this case, it's really pay peanuts get monkeys lor....u gotta decide urself.

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally bought AR tablet this afternoon , i can say mot bad le the tablet, tried msi , viewpad , still my hand prefer AR. Hehe

icy1118

Reaction score
Hi AC Ryan,

Whenever I go back to Malaysia, my tab touch screen function was unable to use, any idea how to solve this issue?

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi AC Ryan,

Whenever I go back to Malaysia, my tab touch screen function was unable to use, any idea how to solve this issue?

Sorry, I really cannot explain what had happened but I would like to invite you to come down to our service center if you always experienced this issue. We will like to give you another unit to try. Sorry for any inconvenience.

icy1118

Reaction score
I suspect this happened when the device detect a change in region, the touch screen seems to be locked after that, nothing can be done to restore the function. Will monitor this again once I go back to Singapore.

shokbakgoc

Master Member
Reaction score
I suspect this happened when the device detect a change in region, the touch screen seems to be locked after that, nothing can be done to restore the function. Will monitor this again once I go back to Singapore.

Did you root the tab? what apps did you install?

icy1118

Reaction score
Did you root the tab? what apps did you install?

Hi, I didn't root anything, just downloaded some apps from playstore. The problem occurred once in a while, sometimes the touchscreen still function, but when I back to Malaysia, this problem happened again.

I will further check with AC Ryan, might have to change the device again as this issue only happened to me.

usgn2011

Reaction score
Hows the battery usage?can last for min 6 hrs......

6 hrs min? U must be joking....got 3 hrs not bad liao....best part was that when fully charged and did not use, the unit still drain by itself after laying there doing nothing for just 3 days....

shokbakgoc

Master Member
Reaction score
6 hrs min? U must be joking....got 3 hrs not bad liao....best part was that when fully charged and did not use, the unit still drain by itself after laying there doing nothing for just 3 days....

put on airplane mode and the battery won't drain.

usgn2011

Reaction score
put on airplane mode and the battery won't drain.

It helps? Bcos I off my wifi and using dongle for surfing....the only issue that surprised me was that even in off mode, doing nothing, battery drain off less than 3 days of inactivation. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.