Asus PADPHONE 2

PiguChiu

Reaction score
So, i flash to TW firmware, means i dun get the auto update? must monitor the Asus site for update?

benthian89

Reaction score
So, i flash to TW firmware, means i dun get the auto update? must monitor the Asus site for update?

Yes no more OTA.

Asus upload to their website pretty fast.
So you can just update manually.

Btw, Singapore's padfone is all preloaded with Starhub firmware, which will take donkey years to get updated ( don't know why, maybe too much starhub rubbish to add in).
side note: TW JB released on 10 dec, today is 27 dec and no sign of Starhub crap

When the Starhub JB update is out, you can choose to flash manually over to it.
Then you should be able to receive OTA updates if there are further updates for the starhub firmware.

ranlod1972

Reaction score
Trade for a Galaxy S3

Anyone interested to trade a Padfone 2 for a Galaxy S3 16gb non LTE White in excellent condition with all original box and all accessories.

Please send me a PM.

Thanks

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested to trade a Padfone 2 for a Galaxy S3 16gb non LTE White in excellent condition with all original box and all accessories.

Please send me a PM.

Thanks
And who would be stupid enough to do that?

At least say how much u wanna top up. :D

Uryshi

Reaction score
Check with you guys. Do your music sound either louder or softer when it started the next track using Google music player?

micshang

Reaction score
After flashing to TW Firmware, i've problem transferring files to Polaris Office. I transferred some PDF files to Polaris Office but on the phone it shows no PDF files. But when i open Polaris Office thru internal storage (USB), i can see the files there. Though i can see the files, i can't open or transfer it out.
Another issue is, when i connect the phone with USB in my office PC, the Polaris Office didn't show up on the phone internal storage.
Anyone kind soul can help? Do i need to re-flash again?
Many thanks in advance...

Uryshi

Reaction score
Ah. I see. Yeah. I updated to that version yesterday. I also got it in the previous version as well. Hope using other player won't have this issue.

Uryshi

Reaction score
Hmmm. Apparently change of player doesn't work too. My sound still goes soft after switching to another player. Hope Asus will come out with a fix.

sprentliegen

Suspended
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use USB OTG on the PF2 phone?

Asus webpage only says that the Station supports "USB 2.0 Host", so I'm not sure if the Phone supports it.

vokolyn

Reaction score
For NFC: The kopitiam balance app is working... but not farebot. Anyone knows if there is any other app to check ezlink and nets flash card balance?

Yakumo

Reaction score
Hmmm. Apparently change of player doesn't work too. My sound still goes soft after switching to another player. Hope Asus will come out with a fix.

From my research it appears that all the sound-related issue comes from Jelly Bean itself, so I guess that's nothing much Asus can do other than to wait for official update from google... (unless you don't mind getting your hands dirty and perform some tweaks to it yourself)

Has anyone tried to use USB OTG on the PF2 phone?

Asus webpage only says that the Station supports "USB 2.0 Host", so I'm not sure if the Phone supports it.

It works, but only when you dock the phone into the tablet station. On a side note MHL is only suppose to work on the phone where else USB OTG only work on tablet station. I believe it has something to do with the proprietary 13-pin connector custom-design for the PadFone 2

Icchesetir

Reaction score
NFC.apk modding

Dear All, I am interested in reading NFC tags while in lockscreen or screenoff. There are lot of mods for S3 or Next or other phones, but unable to find for our masterpiece stock Jelly Bean:D

Any idea where to look at?

Thanks

Uryshi

Reaction score
I thought is the fault of the Asus firmware. If it is jellybean fault then fixes will be hard to come by. Very annoying bug. Can I still downgrade to ics when I'm already on jellybean?

materick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those looking for screen protectors for your Asus Padfone 2, I've managed to find a friend who can help to 'mass order' and send in specially cut screen protectors. Price should be able to bring down to 5sgd each. Pm me if you are interested. Cheers.

Yakumo

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set a different ringtone for normal notification and text messages? With and without using 3rd party apps..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.