Asus PADPHONE 2

kennethtbh

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos! :D

Such a pity they are glossy surface though.. OTL

its not really glossy actually. its translucent plastic for the back material. borders are matte silicone material. but ya, due to the lighting and all it looks quite glossy, esp when its black back. i guess its better than naked hp. haha

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
Yes I've noticed this issue and have raised the question before as well. You can try turning off [Smart Saving] then go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Advanced Wi-Fi>Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep>Always. It might help. I've only managed to keep Wi-Fi on once or twice to download manga and even when it success, the speed is much much slower than usual. :(

well our good friend below has posted a solution :D

No, but if you experience bootloop or stuck at boot logo, then you have to factory reset.

If you are using the smart saving thing, it will switch off data when screen is off,

To disable that, select power saving by scenario and customize it,
Untick the last option, which is "IM and other apps using push notification"

Or you might be using other battery saving app, which usually does that.

Just don use any battery saving app, it actually does no help at all.

got it. thanks! :s12:

Yakumo

Reaction score
Well... I already tried before with turning off the Smart Saving and turning on Always keep Wi-Fi on during sleep... Doesn't really change much though. Wonder if it is chip that is causing this... Hardware power saving mode maybe?

zalina

Reaction score
I ordered this, now waiting for shipment, I will update if its really better. If anyone else is interested maybe I will try to bring it in at cheaper rate possible.
Get to hear tat. Dun forget to post pictures of da padfone 2 and the casing.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
have this case available in blue, red and white. $20 each. one for each colour only! black ones pending reply from those who pmed me previously. do check ur PM. thanks!
Sorry for the late reply. I will get one black case from you.

kennethtbh

Reaction score
Well... I already tried before with turning off the Smart Saving and turning on Always keep Wi-Fi on during sleep... Doesn't really change much though. Wonder if it is chip that is causing this... Hardware power saving mode maybe?

yup. i tried too. it doesnt help.. :/ maybe put hp to "never sleep"?

Yakumo

Reaction score
yup. i tried too. it doesnt help.. :/ maybe put hp to "never sleep"?

Yes, that's the only solution I know for now. I can't say I'm too fond of it though. It's a waste of energy and produce waste heat as well. Placing the device with the screen down helps to prevent heat built-up though. Will update here once I found another working solution :s22:

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
so i've used jellybean for a day now and i was just wondering, the pop-up browser and video, as well as the multi window features that came together with JB firmware for note/note2 was offered by samsung, not google issit?

these were the main reason i wanted to upgrade to JB in the first place =x
really found these apps/updates very useful back when i used the Note1

any similar apps that offer the above mentioned features? TIA

Yakumo

Reaction score
so i've used jellybean for a day now and i was just wondering, the pop-up browser and video, as well as the multi window features that came together with JB firmware for note/note2 was offered by samsung, not google issit?

I've never used Samsung phone before, so I don't know if they are Samsung-exclusive apps. However, this app does seems to fit your description of pop-up browser. I haven't tested it myself yet though. :s22:

reimina

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, those features you see on Note 2 is Samsung's proprietary addons, they are not part of Google's Android.

benthian89

Reaction score

yeah, those are done by Samsung, and it is not JB that offered those features.
It is just Samsung who chose to add in those features for the JB update.

You can read more about the difference between ICS & JB (4.1) here : Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean vs Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

you can easily find replacement apps,
For browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mkiisoft.popup&feature=search_result

or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.airbrowser&feature=search_result

For video player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.PopupVideo&feature=search_result

for multi-window,

You have to wait for someone to develop an app like that,
But i guess its not that easy cos it might need some OS level stuff, which samsung coded right into their already bloated Android

Last edited:

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
I've never used Samsung phone before, so I don't know if they are Samsung-exclusive apps. However, this app does seems to fit your description of pop-up browser. I haven't tested it myself yet though. :s22:

Yes, those features you see on Note 2 is Samsung's proprietary addons, they are not part of Google's Android.

yeah, those are done by Samsung, and it is not JB that offered those features.
It is just Samsung who chose to add in those features for the JB update.

You can read more about the difference between ICS & JB (4.1) here : Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean vs Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

you can easily find replacement apps,
For browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mkiisoft.popup&feature=search_result

or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.airbrowser&feature=search_result

For video player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.PopupVideo&feature=search_result

for multi-window,

You have to wait for someone to develop an app like that,
But i guess its not that easy cos it might need some OS level stuff, which samsung coded right into their already bloated Android

okay thanks guys, for the explanation as well as the replacement apps :D

i guess thats the only thing i'll be missing since i switched to use PF2...

oh well, cant complain since almost everything else is better :s12::s12:

benthian89

Reaction score
Anyone encountered sudden overheating when updated to wwe from starhub firmware? Thanks!

if it is for the first 20-30min when you just flashed,
then it is normal as the system needs to do media scanning and other calibration stuff.

So your CPU will be running at a high frequency rate.

nootherusername

Reaction score
if it is for the first 20-30min when you just flashed,
then it is normal as the system needs to do media scanning and other calibration stuff.

So your CPU will be running at a high frequency rate.

it's already 2 days running the wwe firmware and i usually notice it when i insert it on the station. your original firmware is from starhub?

zalina

Reaction score
update firmware

sorry, i know i've asked this before.
My build no is Starhub_PadFone-9.8.8.56.0 with Android version 4.0.4.
With this, can I update my to PadFone2 Firmware: V10.4.9.6 Only for WWE SKU (Android 4.1) directly? Or is this update not relevant to me..

damn..noob here..so bear with me..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.