Asus PADPHONE 2

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry, i know i've asked this before.
My build no is Starhub_PadFone-9.8.8.56.0 with Android version 4.0.4.
With this, can I update my to PadFone2 Firmware: V10.4.9.6 Only for WWE SKU (Android 4.1) directly? Or is this update not relevant to me..

damn..noob here..so bear with me..
please back up all your data/apps prior to flashing with this firmware since it will be wiped out.

if you wish for your data to be intact, wait for OTA update.

zalina

Reaction score
please back up all your data/apps prior to flashing with this firmware since it will be wiped out.

if you wish for your data to be intact, wait for OTA update.
oredi did back-up.
Da asus support stuff told me to do it manually via their website but to download the firmware corresponding to my device’s build number.
Oredi did that but nothing much..so wanna venture a bit ..lol

benthian89

Reaction score
it's already 2 days running the wwe firmware and i usually notice it when i insert it on the station. your original firmware is from starhub?

You do realise that the phone is also charging while it is in the station.

So naturally the phone will get hot while it is in the station as you are charging and using it at the same time.

Nothing can change that unless you can find a way to charge batteries without any heat, and you will be famous for that

sorry, i know i've asked this before.
My build no is Starhub_PadFone-9.8.8.56.0 with Android version 4.0.4.
With this, can I update my to PadFone2 Firmware: V10.4.9.6 Only for WWE SKU (Android 4.1) directly? Or is this update not relevant to me..

damn..noob here..so bear with me..

Yes you can.

1) Download the zip from Asus website

2) Unzip till you get WWE_A68-10.4.9.6-0-ota-user.zip

3) transfer to your phone

4) Boot your phone into recovery mode by turning off your phone and then press power + vol down at the same time

5) select "apply update from external storage"

6) select the zip you just transferred in.

Enjoy Jelly bean

Edit: To correct the person above who said that data will be wiped,

Your data will not be wiped because you are flashing WWE firmware.

It will only be wiped if you flashed to TW firmware due to the re-partition

Pls note that you will not receive any more OTAs,

You will have to manually update everytime unless you go back to starhub firmware

Last edited:

zalina

Reaction score

So naturally the phone will get hot while it is in the station as you are charging and using it at the same time.

Nothing can change that unless you can find a way to charge batteries without any heat, and you will be famous for that

Yes you can.

4) Boot your phone into recovery mode by turning off your phone and then press power + vol down at the same time

Enjoy Jelly bean

You will have to manually update everytime unless you go back to starhub firmware
thank you bro for the good sounding advice.. I'm in the midst of downloading the zip file now on the lappy. Will set out in my quest soon and update...

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Yes you can.

Enjoy Jelly bean

Ops .. pardon me for the wrong advise.

nootherusername

Reaction score

Yes i know buts it's already overheating, not just a normal hot. I just want to compare if their pf2 really gets hot due to firmware upgrade or my unit has a defect. Thanks anyway, i have already tried the TW firmware and still overheating, going to send back to asus. :D

drgame871

Reaction score

Yes you can.

Enjoy Jelly bean

How about going from TW to WWE (what does WWE stand for anyway - noob question) - will the data be wiped?

Garrison

Reaction score

Yes you can.

Enjoy Jelly bean

hi, where can we dl the Starhub firmware if I wanna reverb back? Starhub support?

benthian89

Reaction score
How about going from TW to WWE (what does WWE stand for anyway - noob question) - will the data be wiped?

Personally when I changed from TW to WWE, I did a factory reset myself. So I cannot remember if data is wiped.

I think WWE stands for World Wide Edition?

hi, where can we dl the Starhub firmware if I wanna reverb back? Starhub support?

It can be found on the Asus padfone2 website download section.
But you can only flash if they are the same android version.
Currently there is no jb starhub firmware, so if you have already flashed a jb firmware, you have to wait for the jb starhub firmware to revert

Garrison

Reaction score
It can be found on the Asus padfone2 website download section.
But you can only flash if they are the same android version.
Currently there is no jb starhub firmware, so if you have already flashed a jb firmware, you have to wait for the jb starhub firmware to revert

I see, Thanks.

BTW, anyone tried this case from Ebay? Looks pretty good, but a lot of extra thickness to the tablet
Padfone 2 Case

micshang

Reaction score
Yes i know buts it's already overheating, not just a normal hot. I just want to compare if their pf2 really gets hot due to firmware upgrade or my unit has a defect. Thanks anyway, i have already tried the TW firmware and still overheating, going to send back to asus. :D

Please kindly update on the outcome of your visit to Asus service center with regards to the overheating problem. Many thanks...

AanjangR

Reaction score
Hi all.. Am new in this forum..

My padfone 2 is currently on TW latest firmware.. I noticed that my battery life is not that great.. I would say it would last max about 12 hrs and my batt is dead.. My use is very minimal.. i guess from the whole 12 hrs.. abt 3/4 of the time my phone is asleep..

I did not enable the power saving.. brightness is auto.. but wifi is set to always on..

So was wondering any of u people experiencing the same thing?..

Thanks.

hbyik01

Reaction score
Anyone regret after flash to WWE version?

Thinking want to flash my current SG version. Thank you. :)

Yakumo

Reaction score
Hi all.. Am new in this forum..

My padfone 2 is currently on TW latest firmware.. I noticed that my battery life is not that great.. I would say it would last max about 12 hrs and my batt is dead.. My use is very minimal.. i guess from the whole 12 hrs.. abt 3/4 of the time my phone is asleep..

I did not enable the power saving.. brightness is auto.. but wifi is set to always on..

So was wondering any of u people experiencing the same thing?..

Thanks.

Definitely got some problem. What apps did you have running in the background? If you have email, facebook etc to keep synchronizing with the server it will put a pretty heavy load on the battery. Try turning off the auto brightness when you're indoor as well since the light sensor will also eat up the battery life.

AanjangR

Reaction score
Definitely got some problem. What apps did you have running in the background? If you have email, facebook etc to keep synchronizing with the server it will put a pretty heavy load on the battery. Try turning off the auto brightness when you're indoor as well since the light sensor will also eat up the battery life.

Thanks for e reply dude..

Im using e asus email app.. i put it in a way tt it will only check once every day..

For my fb.. yeah.. its sync with e server.. im oso using e Dr Web security..

Could it be e security app is eating up e batt?..

Anyway are u guys using e padfone launcher app?..

benthian89

Reaction score
Thanks for e reply dude..

Im using e asus email app.. i put it in a way tt it will only check once every day..

For my fb.. yeah.. its sync with e server.. im oso using e Dr Web security..

Could it be e security app is eating up e batt?..

Anyway are u guys using e padfone launcher app?..

Possible that it is eating up battery.
Just use your android phone as it is.

all the antivirus apps & battery saving apps are bull**** and waste more battery on the contrary

For facebook, syncing is purely a waste of battery.
Since you will still want it to get the latest updates when you just launch the app.

you will still get notification even if you don sync.

when is jelly bean coming to sg??

Ask Asus Singapore on their facebook (and get standard replies)

Or just flash the WWE version, hassle free.

You can always revert back.

Data will not be wiped

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.