Asus PADPHONE 2

AanjangR

Reaction score
Thanks for e reply banthian89..

I hav read some articles online regarding mobile security apps and tt convinced me to uninstall mine.. fb oso not sync anymore.. will see how e batt behave after all dis....

Anyway i wana know if any of u guys using dis Padfone Launcher Switcher app?..

artery

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my padfone and got my sim card cut to micro. I feel that the mobile data is very slow and lag compared to my old phone. And on the train, it suddenly got no signal for quite a few times. This doesn't happen last time for the same train route.

I was wondering if this could be due to the sim card as the outer portion seemed kena chipped off a little. But I think that is unlikely as I tried the sim card on my old phone and it is alright. Is there something wrong with the padfone?

Thanks.

Last edited:

binkaz

Reaction score
Hi PF2 users,

I just got my pf2 and I was reading the quick start guide when it mentioned that ASUS strongly reccommend that the phone should be charged fully before turning it on. As such, I would like to find out how long was your initial charge?

Thanks!

benthian89

Reaction score
Hi PF2 users,

I just got my pf2 and I was reading the quick start guide when it mentioned that ASUS strongly reccommend that the phone should be charged fully before turning it on. As such, I would like to find out how long was your initial charge?

Thanks!

the phone itself will take 2 hours to full charge from below 10%

Padstation itself will take about 4 hours.

And this is direct wall charger, not from USB port.

Just unplug when it hits 100%

Yakumo

Reaction score
Thanks for e reply banthian89..

I hav read some articles online regarding mobile security apps and tt convinced me to uninstall mine.. fb oso not sync anymore.. will see how e batt behave after all dis....

Anyway i wana know if any of u guys using dis Padfone Launcher Switcher app?..

You can try avast! Mobile Security for the mobile anti-virus. It's lightweight and was often reported as the best mobile anti-virus. I'm currently using it and I couldn't felt any drop in speed yet.

And since i'm already on this, I might as well as mention another two pointers as well for security-cautious friends.

1. Don't use NFC, yet. It's been reported that hackers can gain access to your phone by security exploit via NFC access. Just a quick google search can tell you the risk of NFC exploit. I believe this is part of the reason why Apple choose to left out NFC on iPhone 5, with the other reason being it's still a technology with a lack of adoption currently. I've also raised this question on the "PlayTest with Windows 8" held by HWZ last year.

2. As per the same as all online transactions, I strongly recommend people to create a separated bank account with debit card purely for online transactions. Just top up a small amount on a regular basis or top up the amount you want after you've decided on a purchase. So in the worst case scenario where you debit card information is stolen, you can reduce the damage to a bare minimum.

As for the app you mentioned... I haven't tried it yet but I couldn't spot a difference from the video provided by the developer :s11:

AanjangR

Reaction score
You can try avast! Mobile Security for the mobile anti-virus. It's lightweight and was often reported as the best mobile anti-virus. I'm currently using it and I couldn't felt any drop in speed yet.

And since i'm already on this, I might as well as mention another two pointers as well for security-cautious friends.

1. Don't use NFC, yet. It's been reported that hackers can gain access to your phone by security exploit via NFC access. Just a quick google search can tell you the risk of NFC exploit. I believe this is part of the reason why Apple choose to left out NFC on iPhone 5, with the other reason being it's still a technology with a lack of adoption currently. I've also raised this question on the "PlayTest with Windows 8" held by HWZ last year.

2. As per the same as all online transactions, I strongly recommend people to create a separated bank account with debit card purely for online transactions. Just top up a small amount on a regular basis or top up the amount you want after you've decided on a purchase. So in the worst case scenario where you debit card information is stolen, you can reduce the damage to a bare minimum.

As for the app you mentioned... I haven't tried it yet but I couldn't spot a difference from the video provided by the developer :s11:

Thanks bro..

Anyway e app is quite useful.. its acts like a divider.. e app allows u to hav 2 separate launcher for e phone n e pad.. so u set e app as e default launcher n e app will do e rest.. phone in launcher A.. pad in launcher B..

But there is a bug with e app.. e home button can b used to exit apps but the home button will not bring u to e default page.. tt all..

Yakumo

Reaction score
Thanks bro..

Anyway e app is quite useful.. its acts like a divider.. e app allows u to hav 2 separate launcher for e phone n e pad.. so u set e app as e default launcher n e app will do e rest.. phone in launcher A.. pad in launcher B..

But there is a bug with e app.. e home button can b used to exit apps but the home button will not bring u to e default page.. tt all..

I haven't really pay attention before... but isn't the launcher in the phone and the pad separated to begin with? :s11:

benthian89

Reaction score
I haven't really pay attention before... but isn't the launcher in the phone and the pad separated to begin with? :s11:

I think giving examples are more straightforward.

Using that app, you can for example, use Apex or Nova launcher for the phone and use Chameleon launcher for the pad

AanjangR

Reaction score

Using that app, you can for example, use Apex or Nova launcher for the phone and use Chameleon launcher for the pad

Yes benthian.. U r rite.. So i supposed ur batt does not drain by using e app.. I thot e PL app cud b one of culprits tt is eating e batt.. Haha..

Anyway does e "save battery" option really saves battery?..

Yakumo

Reaction score

Oh that.. I haven't started using 3rd party launcher so I guess I'll be fine without it for now :s13:

Yes benthian.. U r rite.. So i supposed ur batt does not drain by using e app.. I thot e PL app cud b one of culprits tt is eating e batt.. Haha..

Anyway does e "save battery" option really saves battery?..

Well, it's more or less a "one switch to do them all" kind of button. It does stuff like closing the WiFi connection on sleep and other small stuff which can all be done by manually through settings. I haven't really go plot a battery graph of different settings and apps yet so I can't really tell you if it really helps or not :o

Lebon1983

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone knows how much will it cost roughly to repair the screen of the padfone 2 (phone set)?? Any other place besides the asus service centre that can do the repair?

My phone was accidentally stepped by wife when she is making up (I left it on the floor while charging) hence the screen cracks and I can't click on anything. Been using the phone in the dock for this 2 days. Please help!!

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys have a brand new sealed padstation for sale as i need the phone only

pm mi thanks

Garrison

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows which shop in SLS has matte screen protector for the Padfone 2 and station and can apply for you? I can never do a good job applying it myself

muhaimin0701

Reaction score
I really like how the batt can last for 3 days. Record on a smartphone so far.

Btw, where can I get screen protector for both station and handphone as well as casing for both? I am not able to find it anywhere.

Yakumo

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows which shop in SLS has matte screen protector for the Padfone 2 and station and can apply for you? I can never do a good job applying it myself

Btw, where can I get screen protector for both station and handphone as well as casing for both? I am not able to find it anywhere.

There is a lady at SLS first floor, opposite nubox who can apply matte/glossy screen protector on both the phone and the station for ~$30 (can't remember the exact amount)

Some people including myself can confirm that most casing that is meant for S3 can be used for PadFone 2 as well. The casing for the tablet station is more tricky though... :s22:

muhaimin0701

Reaction score

Hi bro, can share what firmware are u on? It's really a record that the batt can last 3 days.

Hi, if yr usage is like mine i.e use it for the sole purpose of calling and smsing. At times check fb and twitter, 3 days is the max the batt can last. I do not use it to surf the internet. The lastest firmware available for Starhub.

altca4

Reaction score
No news after 1month-Terribly disappointed by Asus customer service center and padfone 2's quality

Hi Asus,

Can I have an update on this 1+ months long issue please?
Refer to your Asus HQ id: WTM201301061246224437

I demand a call back from Jimmy Low tomorrow on 10th Jan 2013. (He has my number)

I did not realize your service and support in Singapore is so utterly horrible.

Regretfully,
Andrew

Details of issues:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/a...ter-padfone-2s-quality-assurance-4016924.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/a.../pad-station-chassis-padfone-2-a-3998121.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/a...ee-50g-cloud-storage-padfone-2-a-3996678.html

URGENT Customer Satisfaction issue RE: Reference screen shot for

Andrew Liew <altca4@gmail.com>
Jan 7 (2 days ago)
to jimmy_low

Hi Jimmy,

Kindly notify me what is going on with this case.
No news or updates given since 20th Dec.
The assurance and trust you provided me is almost utterly gone by now.

I will seek all means and attention to get this issue resolved if I
still do not hear back from you by Wed this week.
This is the last straw.

Regretfully,
Andrew

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Andrew Liew

To: jimmy_low@asus.com
Subject: Re: Reference screen shot for ticket
Hi Jimmy,

Any news?

Regards,
Andrew

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Andrew Liew <altca4@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

There is no news up until now.
The matter has not been resolve for more than a month and my patience is
near it's limit.

Kindly get back to me by this week or I will have to seek official channe=
l
to assist with the matter.

Best regards,
Andrew Liew

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Andrew Liew <altca4@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

Any resolution to my issue yet?

Kindly get back to me soon.

Merry X'mas,
Andrew

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
Sent: 20/12/2012 2:37 PM
To: jimmy_low@asus.com
Subject: Re: Reference screen shot for ticket

Hi Jimmy,

I have shots on the, bad metal lining of the phone as well where I can
send you this evening of you need it
On Dec 20, 2012 2:32 PM, "Andrew Liew" <altca4@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for getting back to me. Attached is the reference ticket.
Looking forward to your favorable reply.

Regards,
Andrew/altca4

altca4

Reaction score
sigh @my agony dealing with Asus Singapore's support...

Utterly gone-case support...

Why did I choose to spend $1099 to buy the padfone 2 in the first place...? Why?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.