Asus PADPHONE 2

huntzer

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone knows how much will it cost roughly to repair the screen of the padfone 2 (phone set)?? Any other place besides the asus service centre that can do the repair?

My phone was accidentally stepped by wife when she is making up (I left it on the floor while charging) hence the screen cracks and I can't click on anything. Been using the phone in the dock for this 2 days. Please help!!

My phonXe screen is cracked too. Do try to take care of pf2.

390 for the screen and 60 for labour. Pricing from Asus centre.

Garrison

Reaction score
There is a lady at SLS first floor, opposite nubox who can apply matte/glossy screen protector on both the phone and the station for ~$30 (can't remember the exact amount)

Some people including myself can confirm that most casing that is meant for S3 can be used for PadFone 2 as well. The casing for the tablet station is more tricky though... :s22:

can show what type of S3 case you use for the Padfone?

micshang

Reaction score
sigh @my agony dealing with Asus Singapore's support...

Utterly gone-case support...

Why did I choose to spend $1099 to buy the padfone 2 in the first place...? Why?

Bro, so sorry to hear that your case is not settled.
Please kindly update on the outcome. Many thanks in advance.

Yakumo

Reaction score
can show what type of S3 case you use for the Padfone?

Looks pretty much the same as this, only difference is there are 3 small holes at the back instead of 1 big hole

samsung-s3-litchi-leather-flip-case.jpg

I got the black color one. Think it was $20.. at SLS 4th floor just outside of the lift

Yakumo

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my padfone and got my sim card cut to micro. I feel that the mobile data is very slow and lag compared to my old phone. And on the train, it suddenly got no signal for quite a few times. This doesn't happen last time for the same train route.

I was wondering if this could be due to the sim card as the outer portion seemed kena chipped off a little. But I think that is unlikely as I tried the sim card on my old phone and it is alright. Is there something wrong with the padfone?

Thanks.

I'm suspecting the same thing as you. Either that or maybe because the TW firmware and our local SIM card have some compatibility issues... Anyone using Starhub firmware and still find the mobile data speed much slower as compared to other phones using the same card?

benthian89

Reaction score
I'm suspecting the same thing as you. Either that or maybe because the TW firmware and our local SIM card have some compatibility issues... Anyone using Starhub firmware and still find the mobile data speed much slower as compared to other phones using the same card?

Which APN are you using?

micshang

Reaction score
Hi, for those on WWE firmware, can check if you have the same problem as me. For example, now your batt shows 90%. After a reboot, the batt shows 80%? Or even less? I've experienced this a few times. The worse was, when it show 16%, i did a reboot and it shows the batt remains 2%???
Did anyone faces the same issue?

benthian89

Reaction score
Seems like regardless of TW or WWE firmware, JB batt seems to be not so good as ICE. Any other bros can share their experience?

Actually JB battery life will not be better than ICS due to project butter.
More gpu usage is needed for the animation/transitions + the 60fps rendering

Garrison

Reaction score
Looks pretty much the same as this, only difference is there are 3 small holes at the back instead of 1 big hole

I got the black color one. Think it was $20.. at SLS 4th floor just outside of the lift

I see. Checked the dimension between padfone and S3, the dimensions are very close. The only problem with this case is that the LED flash will be blocked. Oh well, better than nothing I guess:o

Lebon1983

Reaction score
My phonXe screen is cracked too. Do try to take care of pf2.

390 for the screen and 60 for labour. Pricing from Asus centre.

Wow!! That's ex!! Is there any other HP repair shop that can repair? Or can I buy the LCD screen online then get any HP shop to replace?.

zalina

Reaction score

Sound wise how is it? Won't it be muffled or low since the speaker is at the back and covered by the casing?

artery

Reaction score

I'm still on Starhub firmware. But my Telco is m1. The APN I'm using now is sunsurf. Changed it to miworld GPRS doesn't make a difference.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm still on Starhub firmware. But my Telco is m1. The APN I'm using now is sunsurf. Changed it to miworld GPRS doesn't make a difference.
Im on starhub firmware and using M1 too. No probs with the phone so far but im on 4G network FYI

huntzer

Reaction score
Wow!! That's ex!! Is there any other HP repair shop that can repair? Or can I buy the LCD screen online then get any HP shop to replace?.

Get the screen is a piece of cake.

But i do not know if the screen is sharp LCD or just some unknown brand.

Actually, the cover of the padfone can be easily opened. Now i am just waiting for the right elements to arrive. Then i will send my phone to ER.

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
For those asking about screen protectors for both the phone and station, I got mine from SLS level 4. its a shop that's a bit at the corner and beside this shop there's a shop that sells a whole lot of cases. from my quick tour around SLS this shop seem to offer the best price. $15 for matte for station,$6 for clear for phone. customized manually by the lady as this phone still quite new I think. But beware however that after applying the screen protector on the phone, the moment u dock it scratch lines will be very obvious. but for the price they offer I feel quite worthy to protect the phone.

Those got lobang for cases please sic :D

Lebon1983

Reaction score
Get the screen is a piece of cake.

But i do not know if the screen is sharp LCD or just some unknown brand.

Actually, the cover of the padfone can be easily opened. Now i am just waiting for the right elements to arrive. Then i will send my phone to ER.

Where did you get your parts from?? Lol.. 450 to fix the screen is totally not cool.. Lol.. Can pm me??

Yakumo

Reaction score
Hi, for those on WWE firmware, can check if you have the same problem as me. For example, now your batt shows 90%. After a reboot, the batt shows 80%? Or even less? I've experienced this a few times. The worse was, when it show 16%, i did a reboot and it shows the batt remains 2%???
Did anyone faces the same issue?

Normally reboot will take up quite a bit of battery as it have to boot up every single component and process on start up check. However that usually only amount up to 2~4%. ~10% is abnormal. Try complete a few more re-charge cycle first (used til <20% then charge til full) If the problem still persist then you should send it back for a check.

Seems like regardless of TW or WWE firmware, JB batt seems to be not so good as ICE. Any other bros can share their experience?

Like ben bro mentioned, JB does suck up more battery due to project butter. If only there is a way to turn it off manually it will be great.

One more thing I will like to add is that some users have reported that over-draining and over-charging can cause the phone to fail to power up. So try to keep an eye on the battery life to avoid unnecessary troubles.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.