Asus PADPHONE 2

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Look at the file size and you know how much starhub crap is in there.

Almost 100mb more than WWE
after that just uninstall the starhub ones ... lol .. but if no OTA i may as well use WWE version since the method is the same.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That's my point.

Plus other countries firmware gets updated much faster.
i was hoping for OTA for ease of updating to JB but since its gonna be the manual method, I may as well use WWE then.

amarawi

Reaction score
i was hoping for OTA for ease of updating to JB but since its gonna be the manual method, I may as well use WWE then.

any news with starhub supporting padfone for their NFC services?
I know the warnings about NFC, it being not very safe and all...

(But dont you want to try buying SOMETHING with your phone??)
:D:D

PS: if no Starhu wallet NFC support, then I'm gonna jump ship to WWE... ;)

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any news with starhub supporting padfone for their NFC services?
I know the warnings about NFC, it being not very safe and all...

(But dont you want to try buying SOMETHING with your phone??)
:D:D

PS: if no Starhu wallet NFC support, then I'm gonna jump ship to WWE... ;)
I'm not using a Starhub line so its not applicable to me ... haha

amarawi

Reaction score
update: I'm receiving the OTA....

i guess it just comes a little later than the website upload file...

drgame871

Reaction score
I'm on the TW firmware now. If I wan to switch to the WWE firmware without losing my data, I should download the WWE file and do a hard flash once right?

Going forward, to update WWE firmware, same steps?

AanjangR

Reaction score
Juz an update.. my padfone batt issue have been resolved.. i realize that my apps is not e actual problem..

when i checked e batt settings.. i realized tt my fone is always 'Awake'.. even when it is asleep.. screen is off.. i checked tt e fone is still awake.. so i did a hard reset on my phone.. hold on e power button for about 10sec until e fone restarts.. (equvailant to holding iphone home n lock button to reset)

After which e fone batt behaves normally n e fone is not 'awake' always..

Anyway thanks guys for ur reply.. =D

Another juz wana know which firmware is better?.. wwe or tw?..

id0n0van

Reaction score
Any bros here not receiving anything for the OTA? I have been constantly checking for the whole day but I don't see anything..

Or anyone has any turnarounds for this issue?

amarawi

Reaction score
Any bros here not receiving anything for the OTA? I have been constantly checking for the whole day but I don't see anything..

Or anyone has any turnarounds for this issue?

You didn't flash to another firmware right?
(and i'm not sure whether ota needs to be downloaded over wifi?)

Jelly bean looking good so far.. Tho the notifications are rather thick dun you think?

id0n0van

Reaction score
You didn't flash to another firmware right?
(and i'm not sure whether ota needs to be downloaded over wifi?)

Jelly bean looking good so far.. Tho the notifications are rather thick dun you think?

Nope.. It was stock after I sent it to the service centre, only thing they did was to change the motherboard. After that, I was using my phone as per normal. :/

Checked through my mobile data and my home Wifi, nothing seems to work.

kennethtbh

Reaction score
Nope.. It was stock after I sent it to the service centre, only thing they did was to change the motherboard. After that, I was using my phone as per normal. :/

Checked through my mobile data and my home Wifi, nothing seems to work.

i received the ota update at abt 8pm earlier. but still thinking if should update or not. ICS is actually gd enuff for me. heard from bros here that due to project butter the batt life is actually shorter on jb. i feel ICS quite smooth alr so i rather have a longer batt life. no functions on jb that i absolutely am dying for. (or maybe more jb users can share ur experience on whats better/worse?)

i am also not keen to update starhub's jb cos of the bloatware (apparently 100mb+- according to one bro who mentioned earlier)

id0n0van

Reaction score
i received the ota update at abt 8pm earlier. but still thinking if should update or not. ICS is actually gd enuff for me. heard from bros here that due to project butter the batt life is actually shorter on jb. i feel ICS quite smooth alr so i rather have a longer batt life. no functions on jb that i absolutely am dying for. (or maybe more jb users can share ur experience on whats better/worse?)

i am also not keen to update starhub's jb cos of the bloatware (apparently 100mb+- according to one bro who mentioned earlier)

Haha, I came form a HTC One X with JB, and seriously, I can't stand the lag so I would love Project Butter, battery life isn't an issue as I always have a backup battery with me.

And also, Google Now, though there's not much I could do, I think it's a feature I can't live without (Yeah, the cards are quite fun to play with actually, hahaha.)

Gonna try doing a Factory Reset to see if that would help. :/

killkyo

Reaction score
I have received 3 orders so far and will proceed to order today so as not to let the buyers wait too long. If anyone is interested to ride on this batch, please PM me quick.

Cheers :)

I know some of you are interested in the below, here are the price.

For 1-5 piece, S$45 each including shipping.
Shipping takes about 4 days estimate but I received in 2 days.
Those who wants to commit to buying, please PM me, if you have enquiries, please also PM me.
I will do my best to answer.

Btw, there's a slot for stylus at the side, the cover is held covered by 2 magnets at the top corners and it only comes in black and white for the colours.

Cheers.

amarawi

Reaction score

I've been waiting for jelly bean for the longest time. Really happy with it.
And as for the padfone.. You can read the update documentation, it's not merely a jelly bean update, but a lot of other improve improvements.. Like camera, Asus menu settings, etc.

Btw,killkyo I sent you a PM!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.