Asus PADPHONE 2

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does this mean we will never be able to play those games? Or we just need to wait for them to update the games?

need to wait for developers to support our device..

A custom rom might fix it too, but we don't have that now..

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys any advice How to flash to tw or wwe version?

I'm currently on star hub latest fw,

Tried to update from sd card via recovery but installation was aborted

benthian89

Reaction score
Hi guys any advice How to flash to tw or wwe version?

I'm currently on star hub latest fw,

Tried to update from sd card via recovery but installation was aborted

You were trying to flash TW firmware right?

the first flash will abort as it is performing a re-partition.

Flash a second time and you are done.

Or,

you can choose to flash WWE.

Cos when u wanna flash from TW firmware to any other firmware, you have to flash 2 times again.

So i would advice WWE to avoid the hassle.
Although TW always get the goodies first

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You were trying to flash TW firmware right?

the first flash will abort as it is performing a re-partition.

Flash a second time and you are done.

Or,

you can choose to flash WWE.

Cos when u wanna flash from TW firmware to any other firmware, you have to flash 2 times again.

So i would advice WWE to avoid the hassle.
Although TW always get the goodies first

Hi bro so meaning with the latest star hub fw there is no need to downgrade or whatsoever?

Just boot into recovery n apply update from sd card with the desired zip update file?

Tia

benthian89

Reaction score
Hi bro so meaning with the latest star hub fw there is no need to downgrade or whatsoever?

Just boot into recovery n apply update from sd card with the desired zip update file?

Tia

You can flash from ICS to JB and from JB to JB.

You cannot flash from JB to ICS.

So if you are on the latest starhub firmware 10.4.9.6, it is JB alr.

If you flash to WWE 10.4.9.6, just boot into recovery n apply update from sd card with the desired zip update file

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when will the latest WWE update arrive? keen to try out the new game fix.. hope it can run my favorite games after that update.. :(

emgee

Reaction score

benthian89

Reaction score
will there be data wipe if i flash from starhub jb to wwe? and does wwe have garmin?

Data will not be wiped.

WWE does not have garmin

But if flash from any firmware to TW, your data will be wiped due to re-partition

Last edited:

benthian89

Reaction score
The new RU firmware is out - 10.4.11.13.

Good news guys, the most prominent update is:

1. Improved PadFone 2 & PadFone 2 Station performance and stability
2. Improved 3G/Wi-Fi connection and stability
3. Improved Garmin(TM) navigation system performance
4. Upgraded the camera’s firmware and optimized the camera’s HDR and Automatic White Balance functions
5. Optimized Launcher stability
6. Support of Need for Speed (NFS) games
7. Improved call volume and volume settings
8. Optimized email fonts
9. Optimized Contacts app performance
10. Improved power management system

Looks like the new WWE firmware will be out either today or tml

12345bb

Reaction score
Facebook status not able to update

Hi Guys,

I started running on WWE version on my padfone and recently i noticed that i cant seem to update my status or do check-in on the facebook app.

I tried doing the same on my other spare motorola phone with no issue. So it seem like only its happening on the padfone only. However if i use the onboard Asus Buddybuzz app to update my status to facebook, no problem. Just that I cant use the Facebook app to update.

I have checked both FB settings on the padfone and the motorola.. exactly the same. But just seem strange to have this happening. Anyone have any idea ? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the FB app but still the same. I am suspecting its the phone setting but I really got no idea what is blocking my FB status update... funny thing is that when i post photos on my FB no problem using the phone..No Problem !! Only status update and check-in's i cant seem to do it ?? What gives ?? Any experts can advise ?

And if i back up all my photos and data into the Padfone "sd card" will they be swipe off if i do a factory resent on my phone ? I am trying not to go there...

benthian89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I started running on WWE version on my padfone and recently i noticed that i cant seem to update my status or do check-in on the facebook app.

I tried doing the same on my other spare motorola phone with no issue. So it seem like only its happening on the padfone only. However if i use the onboard Asus Buddybuzz app to update my status to facebook, no problem. Just that I cant use the Facebook app to update.

I have checked both FB settings on the padfone and the motorola.. exactly the same. But just seem strange to have this happening. Anyone have any idea ? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the FB app but still the same. I am suspecting its the phone setting but I really got no idea what is blocking my FB status update... funny thing is that when i post photos on my FB no problem using the phone..No Problem !! Only status update and check-in's i cant seem to do it ?? What gives ?? Any experts can advise ?

And if i back up all my photos and data into the Padfone "sd card" will they be swipe off if i do a factory resent on my phone ? I am trying not to go there...

There is a facebook app update this morning.

Try if the problem still persist.

tapway

Reaction score
The new RU firmware is out - 10.4.11.13.

Good news guys, the most prominent update is:

1. Improved PadFone 2 & PadFone 2 Station performance and stability
2. Improved 3G/Wi-Fi connection and stability
3. Improved Garmin(TM) navigation system performance
4. Upgraded the camera’s firmware and optimized the camera’s HDR and Automatic White Balance functions
5. Optimized Launcher stability
6. Support of Need for Speed (NFS) games
7. Improved call volume and volume settings
8. Optimized email fonts
9. Optimized Contacts app performance
10. Improved power management system

Looks like the new WWE firmware will be out either today or tml

That sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

jamesteo88

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just got my padfone 2 over the weekend! switched from note 2, this is so much more compact, no regret at all!

Anyway is the heating issue very common when playing games??

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i messaged asus regarding the official case.. seems like it will come to singapore, just a matter of time..

ZhR82IK.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.