Asus PADPHONE 2

m1chae1

Reaction score
im keen in getting a 2nd hand padfone2 to play!!! who wanna sell?

i just need one set... hopefully no issues with mb or whatsoever....

ready buyer... sms or whatsapp me 96575700...

Bro, I will consider selling if you offer at $500. :)

Eager to sell mine off too. But my contract haven reached one year..

Like I said, I think Asus is a good phone with the exception of good range of readily accessories available in the market. Maybe u tahan for another year then once ready to recontract then go for it. Im also waiting now. haha! :)

dolphins_rainbow

Reaction score
whats the trade in price for padphone 2 at telco now?

I am thinking to sign a padphone 2 or padphone infinity these 2 days leh. hear u all say until like that i also scare.

m1chae1

Reaction score

I am thinking to sign a padphone 2 or padphone infinity these 2 days leh. hear u all say until like that i also scare.

The current price at all telcos for trade in for Asus padfone 2 is at $400. It's a fun phone but the trade off is that the support/accessories are not as easily found as compared to Apple/Samsung.

As for cables/repairs, the only location for repair is at tai seng and is often out of the way. The other thing is that market generally is not too "hot" for these models so the re-sale is usually slow.

Just my 2 cents.

amarawi

Reaction score

Haha...
you must remember that people that have problems tend to voice out complains and frustrations... but people without problems tend to keep it in and not say so much..

I'm fully utilizing my padfone 2. Tablet mode for my morning news and when I'm at office.. bring the phone for lunch or to continue my readings on crowded buses..

Low powered screen brings good battery life and tablet mode never runs out of juice on me while reading.. while max brightness outdoor mode can stand its ground under the sun and it has enough processing power for even the heaviest games around.

I do have my share of complaints, but it's still an awesome device imo.
Oh and one thing is that you don't go around seeing everyone holding the same phone as yours.. :p

dolphins_rainbow

Reaction score
The current price at all telcos for trade in for Asus padfone 2 is at $400. It's a fun phone but the trade off is that the support/accessories are not as easily found as compared to Apple/Samsung.

As for cables/repairs, the only location for repair is at tai seng and is often out of the way. The other thing is that market generally is not too "hot" for these models so the re-sale is usually slow.

Just my 2 cents.

haha. now sign up padphone2 is only $200 for my plan. thats a very attractive price for me compare to infinity. i guess i wont be running to to the service centre like every month rite? if once or twice in a year i probably ok. (hopefully no problem with my phone though) that day i met this htc promotion manager he was like sharing whats the problem with padphone 2 with me and assure that the new padphone 2 wont have issues anymore after upgrade coz its more like a firmware issue. (but then again, he is frm htc so i take it with a pinch of salt) haha.

Haha...
you must remember that people that have problems tend to voice out complains and frustrations... but people without problems tend to keep it in and not say so much..

I'm fully utilizing my padfone 2. Tablet mode for my morning news and when I'm at office.. bring the phone for lunch or to continue my readings on crowded buses..

Low powered screen brings good battery life and tablet mode never runs out of juice on me while reading.. while max brightness outdoor mode can stand its ground under the sun and it has enough processing power for even the heaviest games around.

Oh and one thing is that you don't go around seeing everyone holding the same phone as yours.. :p

I know right! been a samsung supporter since many years ago but now everyone is like using it so i sian liao. i probably will only use the padphone 2 to watch movies and play simple games so i dun think i need the full hd like infinity. but watching shows require quite alot of battery i guess. so struggle!

m1chae1

Reaction score
Haha...

I fully agree that it's a great device.. :) Only thing i would say is the lack of accessories in the open market outside.

amarawi

Reaction score
i guess i wont be running to to the service centre like every month rite? if once or twice in a year i probably ok.
So far I only went there once due to the infamous MB issue with firmware (or twice, to buy extra usb cable :s13:).
Other common issues i heard around here are dust in camera and station problem.
Advice:
At point of purchase dont be afraid to check the station thoroughly
> plug it in and out a number of times, make sure it transforms fine.
> shake the phone out, making sure it's not loose.
> do a quick check on wifi, 3g/LTE and audio check.
> open the asus note and check touch points. (for issues here, remember there is a padstation calibration tool downloadable from asus website. It normally does the trick)

but watching shows require quite alot of battery i guess. so struggle!
Yeah, unfortunately PadFone 2 as a tablet is rather low on battery life, although it has enormous amount as a phone.
Always keep in mind that you're buying a phone with a supercharged accessory, so you should use more of the phone form factor. If you foresee extremely heavy tablet usage, it's advisable to get a full fledged tablet instead.

I fully agree that it's a great device.. :) Only thing i would say is the lack of accessories in the open market outside.
Oh yes, you will not be able to find any PadFone 2 accessory of the shelves.
you gotta find them online, or be creative.
On this note, I would bring up another point of comparison regarding the usb charger.

PadFone 2 has a customized usb charger which can only be bought at their service centre for S$15.
Normal usb does fit the PadFone 2 (not the other way around), however it's loose and can at times get frustrating to use.
This is one of the things that they fixed on the new PadFone infinity. They use the standard usb charger.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My phone does not keep its date when the phone ran out of battery and restarted. Using network time does not help also. Any idea how to solve?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another problem is the power saver options. At one time, enabling smart power saver improves battery life, then one fine day, battery depletes fast even with the smart power, then switching to Asus power saver gets good battery life again.

So, power saver scheme is a little erratic.

m1chae1

Reaction score
Another problem is the power saver options. At one time, enabling smart power saver improves battery life, then one fine day, battery depletes fast even with the smart power, then switching to Asus power saver gets good battery life again.

So, power saver scheme is a little erratic.

Hmm.. that sounds funny.. I have yet to encounter either of the problems you mention. I think it's better to send to Tai Seng to have a look at it. Just in case.

m1chae1

Reaction score
Oh yes, you will not be able to find any PadFone 2 accessory of the shelves.
you gotta find them online, or be creative.
On this note, I would bring up another point of comparison regarding the usb charger.

PadFone 2 has a customized usb charger which can only be bought at their service centre for S$15.
Normal usb does fit the PadFone 2 (not the other way around), however it's loose and can at times get frustrating to use.
This is one of the things that they fixed on the new PadFone infinity. They use the standard usb charger.

I recall back in hardwarezone, there was a seller selling the casing for both dock & padstation and I had to get the screen protector online but that was as far as I went. After which, I just stopped looking for accessories.. it was just too tough.. haha! :s13:

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from Aliexpress since 4 Jul & it's still stuck in some China city's post office... doing nothing...

I recall back in hardwarezone, there was a seller selling the casing for both dock & padstation and I had to get the screen protector online but that was as far as I went. After which, I just stopped looking for accessories.. it was just too tough.. haha! :s13:

m1chae1

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Aliexpress since 4 Jul & it's still stuck in some China city's post office... doing nothing...

that sounds bad man.. I bought it from some seller here and we did COD so it was pretty straight forward. The last time I did ship something from China to SG, the item went missing so ya, it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Hope u dun experience the same thing..

dolphins_rainbow

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input! I finally join the padphone2 family today. At first was going to get infinity already coz was told by starhub that they are not carrying padfone2 anymore (official reply frm starhub fb). then i call the starhub hotline to double check there is indeed no stock anywhere.

So i went to plazza sing today since i have some capital voucher and guess what, when i did a check, padfone 2 is in stock. apparently they only have 3 black and 3 white left but yeahhhh i got it!

So far not much issue (of coz! im only using for less than 5hrs) except that when i charge the station without the phone they did not indicate the battery stat. (that is normal rite? pls tell me yes)

as for the accessory wise... time to do some online shopping! haha.

by the way, does asus sell the retractable padfone 2 cable? it can be quite irritating to carry the long cable ard. haha.

amarawi

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input! I finally join the padphone2 family today. At first was going to get infinity already coz was told by starhub that they are not carrying padfone2 anymore (official reply frm starhub fb). then i call the starhub hotline to double check there is indeed no stock anywhere.

So i went to plazza sing today since i have some capital voucher and guess what, when i did a check, padfone 2 is in stock. apparently they only have 3 black and 3 white left but yeahhhh i got it!

So far not much issue (of coz! im only using for less than 5hrs) except that when i charge the station without the phone they did not indicate the battery stat. (that is normal rite? pls tell me yes)

as for the accessory wise... time to do some online shopping! haha.

by the way, does asus sell the retractable padfone 2 cable? it can be quite irritating to carry the long cable ard. haha.

Welcome to the PadFone 2 family!

Right after you charge the station, it will flash a charging animation on the screen which only last for a second. After which, there's no way to see whether the station is charging, other than docking your phone.

When I was buying extra usb cables, the CSO told me there is only one cable... they don't even sell longer/shorter ones.

dolphins_rainbow

Reaction score
Welcome to the PadFone 2 family!

Right after you charge the station, it will flash a charging animation on the screen which only last for a second. After which, there's no way to see whether the station is charging, other than docking your phone.

ahhh okie. at least that means no problem with my station. hahha.

When I was buying extra usb cables, the CSO told me there is only one cable... they don't even sell longer/shorter ones.

i see this coming when i ask that question. hahaha. but surprising my cheapo micro usb cable i bought frm gmarket fits quite nicely. i try to pull it with a bit of strength it doesnt come out. so i guess i could live with that. :)

so happy with my new phone! yipeeee!!!

ehern.chang

Reaction score
ahhh okie. at least that means no problem with my station. hahha.

i see this coming when i ask that question. hahaha. but surprising my cheapo micro usb cable i bought frm gmarket fits quite nicely. i try to pull it with a bit of strength it doesnt come out. so i guess i could live with that. :)

so happy with my new phone! yipeeee!!!

Hi there,

Could you please share which Micro USB cable you got from gMarket? There are so many! Thanks!

Aimevous

Reaction score
Replacing digitizer for Padfone 2 Padstation Tablet

Hi,

I'd just like to share my experience.

I recently cracked my Padstation (tablet) screen, although somewhat mysteriously (story for another time).

So I asked Asus for a quote to replace the digitizer (the LCD is fine) and received a quote for $360 which I thought was quite ridiculous, since ebay sells a brand new one at $280 after shipping.

So I shopped online and found digitizers for sale and bought one for just about under $100.

I tried to open the tablet myself but failed so I sent to a neighbourhood shop and the guy there managed to replace it for me.

However, now I have a problem. One of the axis in the touch screen is reversed/flipped. Meaning, when I touch the left side, it registers on the right side instead. Very frustrating.

I am sure this can be fixed in software, but I am not sure how to.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.