Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF-700)

Like Tree13Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #76
High Supremacy Member

The new ipad 64GB selling at US$699 and the TF700 tablet alone is US$599. It is still cheaper considering that it is a top notch tablet.

However, US$149 for the keyboard dock cum battery is on the high side.

However, based on current exchange rates it should be cheaper but you still need to pay shipping & taxes.
S$1099 vs S$918 for both 64gb.

Not sure if the dock is included, if not, then that's S$180 of extra hurt.
WTS : Xperia Tablet S and Nexus 7 3G 2012
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

looks nice cept no 3G. and a bit bigger (good and bad)

from Asus' facebook they saying it will include the dock?

"Dear all, Transformer Pad Infinity as posted above will have both colors available and keyboard dock is included. Right now, TF700T is 64GB and comes with Wifi features. Other variations like 32GB and/or 3G version shall be announced once we have the information. "

will have 3G meh? they sound like yes but no where on the net is this confirmed
foreseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #78
Arch-Supremacy Member

Exclusive: ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity to sell for $899 in 'early July' - Ice Cream Sandwich, Android tablets, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700, Transformer Pad Infinity, asus, tablets - PC World Australia

worthwhile to trade computing power for 3g? will the quadcore be used at all?
Old 20-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #79
Banned

Dude, what computing power are you trading off???? Please enlighten me
beerope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dude, what computing power are you trading off???? Please enlighten me
"Globally, ASUS will sell 3G and 4G LTE models of the Transformer Pad Infinity. Both of these versions use a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait dual-core processor instead of the Tegra 3 quad-core chip that powers the Wi-Fi only model."
Old 20-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #81
Banned

"Globally, ASUS will sell 3G and 4G LTE models of the Transformer Pad Infinity. Both of these versions use a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait dual-core processor instead of the Tegra 3 quad-core chip that powers the Wi-Fi only model."

Yeah those are facts. So? You haven't explain what computing power are you trading off. Please enlighten me on it
Old 20-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #82

Benchmarked: NVIDIA Tegra 3 VS. Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 | TechnoBuffalo
patrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

very good performance comparison, thanks.

and beerope you have a problem? being unsure of the specs and 1 having quadcore gives me the impression that it better performs (and as we can see, it does better perform in many aspects).

i have used snapdragon on an acer before... after which i failed both the acer and the snapdragon.
Old 20-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #84
Banned

very good performance comparison, thanks.

and beerope you have a problem? being unsure of the specs and 1 having quadcore gives me the impression that it better performs (and as we can see, it does better perform in many aspects).

i have used snapdragon on an acer before... after which i failed both the acer and the snapdragon.
That was just because they were on 2 different phones. Take a look at this vid, S4 One X vs Tegra One X

AT&T HTC One X vs Tegra 3 One X (Benchmarks) - YouTube
Old 20-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #85
High Supremacy Member

will the tf700 be sold at the upcoming comex?
Old 20-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #86
Arch-Supremacy Member

either way Asus has not mentioned anything about the 3G version......... which is bad because it maybe coming out only like more than 3 months from now (possible)
Old 20-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #87
Master Member

for sure cos shops like digital lifestyle, newstead etc already carry it.

will the tf700 be sold at the upcoming comex?
2. raymond18 92237644 bigtime asshole;
3. sghardware 92316837 (goes by Tommy and Peter)

[URL]http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3037469[/URL]

only self-collect cos many pranksters.

Galaxy S3 on CodecROM is like a motorola razr maxx! crazy batt life! [URL]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1834915[/URL]
tnatna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #88
Supremacy Member

bro can u give a review of the unit you have?
Old 22-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #89

Overall, I am happy with the TF700.

The Pros

Screen - It is excellent but need more apps to support it. I tried a number of Tegra 3 optimized games and it is beautiful but battery life shortened by a fair bit. Reading ebooks on Kindle is really pleasing for my aging eyes.

Battery Life - For daily use, I have bluetooth turned on permanently for internet connection linked to my S3, both devices can last me a good 8-10 hours with moderate usage.

Entertainment - The device is great for watching movies, 3 full length movies and with some juice left. Vibe Fun Centre gives me free music.

Camera - Shots are pretty good and clear. Good enough for any novice. Of course, the screen makes the pics look good as well.

Keyboard Dock - This is a must if you need to do serious work like typing a proposal or long email. Besides, the multi touch pad, it has a USB port, a SD Card slot and built in battery to give you up to 14 hours of usage.

The TF700 comes with Splashtop Remote Desktop which you can remotely access your Windows PC. It is a no brainer to set up. As for me, I am using Mac, so it does not make a diff. Having my office docs sync across my mac and tablet is the solution for me. It also comes with free cloud storage which I use to sync my pics but I am using Gdrive for my office docs.

The Cons

1) The device is speedy but I there are still IO issues that still exist. I get occasional "wait or force close". This is where the Ipad never fails me.

2) Wifi signal is weak compared to my Macbook, Ipad and S3

3) DLNA performance is below par

4) Overall, price is on the high side.
patrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #90
Supremacy Member

Overall, I am happy with the TF700.

The Pros

Screen - It is excellent but need more apps to support it. I tried a number of Tegra 3 optimized games and it is beautiful but battery life shortened by a fair bit. Reading ebooks on Kindle is really pleasing for my aging eyes.

Battery Life - For daily use, I have bluetooth turned on permanently for internet connection linked to my S3, both devices can last me a good 8-10 hours with moderate usage.

Entertainment - The device is great for watching movies, 3 full length movies and with some juice left. Vibe Fun Centre gives me free music.

Camera - Shots are pretty good and clear. Good enough for any novice. Of course, the screen makes the pics look good as well.

Keyboard Dock - This is a must if you need to do serious work like typing a proposal or long email. Besides, the multi touch pad, it has a USB port, a SD Card slot and built in battery to give you up to 14 hours of usage.

The TF700 comes with Splashtop Remote Desktop which you can remotely access your Windows PC. It is a no brainer to set up. As for me, I am using Mac, so it does not make a diff. Having my office docs sync across my mac and tablet is the solution for me. It also comes with free cloud storage which I use to sync my pics but I am using Gdrive for my office docs.

The Cons

1) The device is speedy but I there are still IO issues that still exist. I get occasional "wait or force close". This is where the Ipad never fails me.

2) Wifi signal is weak compared to my Macbook, Ipad and S3

3) DLNA performance is below par

4) Overall, price is on the high side.
bro thanks man....appreciate it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.