HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ASUS Transformer Prime

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #166
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is available for pre-order now in Amazon. Have pre-ordered a 64GB version...
available in s'pore next month.
aniMAXXX likes this.
Old 22-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #167

if prime is able to play ps3 games without lagging through emulation, cell processor for ps3 is useless compare to the tegra 3 chips
LOL. If dats possible i wldn't be buying one ps3 to play my games. Wud be hooking up my Prime to TV tru HDMI alr. And how u gonna get ur BD inside ur prime? LOL
Acid_Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #168

I cancelled my pre-order with B&H... now I think I will just wait for local release...too discouraged...
azzurri1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #169

Possible to make it into a media to play mkv or rmvb file? What type of software can I use, I have a NAS anyway to link it to ethernet. dont like wifi as my movie file some are 20++ gig.
mcalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #170
Supremacy Member

Possible to make it into a media to play mkv or rmvb file? What type of software can I use, I have a NAS anyway to link it to ethernet. dont like wifi as my movie file some are 20++ gig.
Today in SLS, I noticed a shop that sells some media box that allows you to port the tablet to TV and use it as a media hub... 3rd floor I think, some Android shop... check it out.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #171

They're using a PS3 controller to play a PS3 game that's running on an emulator off the Prime.
the controller is from PS3, the games you see are not, those are some games from tegra zone, the shooter game you see that looks like gear of war is called Shadowgun THD, google it.

I have the tablet for a week now, though is running Android 3.2.1, ICS on OTA update.
Asus is from Taiwan, and you guys ordering from Amazon... thats a long, indirect order.

Old 30-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #172

When traveling oversea, in some hotel room there isn't any wifi and only provide LAN cable. How do I get connected in this situation?
Wallace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #173

When traveling oversea, in some hotel room there isn't any wifi and only provide LAN cable. How do I get connected in this situation?
get a dock, root ur device then use a usb dongle
Acid_Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #174

Is the Asus TP recommended for note taking in school? or general school use?
nydc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #175

if the hotel room has wired internet access then just use a portable wireless router
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #176
Master Member

the controller is from PS3, the games you see are not, those are some games from tegra zone, the shooter game you see that looks like gear of war is called Shadowgun THD, google it.

I have the tablet for a week now, though is running Android 3.2.1, ICS on OTA update.
Asus is from Taiwan, and you guys ordering from Amazon... thats a long, indirect order.

Where did u get ur Prime? How much is it? Warranty international? Standard Sg power supply?

Hee hee....asking too much question
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #177

Where did u get ur Prime? How much is it? Warranty international? Standard Sg power supply?

Hee hee....asking too much question

From a Taiwan reseller, 800SGD when i pre ordered and paid full in late november and waited...=.=; then another 50+SGD for GST
got it before christmas, so that was great.

Don't think got international warranty.... my game consoles, my current CPU processor, all my phones and this my first tablet all I buy online, no far none spoilt, least for 3~5 years gadgets/TVs/PC stuffs I keep before selling/giving off.

Power adapter is US type, seller, provided adapter. local units will have likely come with Euro type. (2 Pins, Live/Neutral)
I have 3rd party adapter too, but so far, I only carry the tablet around and back home least 30+% left, most time browsing web, PDF Documents, shoot email, some THD gaming... and "Where is my water?" game
(phone telhering).

my review:
if your want something different from iPAD2, this is the thing, but better screen, hardware IO support, watching 1080p videos from PC w/o any conversion kicks ass.
Games, so far visually/graphically only ShadowGun THD seems to make tegra 3 worth it, others are okay...
Ram management/multi tasking not very good as i expected doe proclaimed ~5x performance of Tegra2.. (Ram is 1GB, think more ram memory would have been better)
hope to see Icecream sandwich update improves things and more games/apps taking advantage of this hardware.
Old 30-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #178
Master Member

Oh, nice tablet. Proud user of TFT. Hee hee.

Very tempting upgraded spec as compared to TFT.
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #179
Master Member

Use travel router.. alot brands have..
Red_Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #180

From a Taiwan reseller, 800SGD when i pre ordered and paid full in late november and waited...=.=; then another 50+SGD for GST
got it before christmas, so that was great.

Don't think got international warranty.... my game consoles, my current CPU processor, all my phones and this my first tablet all I buy online, no far none spoilt, least for 3~5 years gadgets/TVs/PC stuffs I keep before selling/giving off.

Power adapter is US type, seller, provided adapter. local units will have likely come with Euro type. (2 Pins, Live/Neutral)
I have 3rd party adapter too, but so far, I only carry the tablet around and back home least 30+% left, most time browsing web, PDF Documents, shoot email, some THD gaming... and "Where is my water?" game
(phone telhering).

my review:
if your want something different from iPAD2, this is the thing, but better screen, hardware IO support, watching 1080p videos from PC w/o any conversion kicks ass.
Games, so far visually/graphically only ShadowGun THD seems to make tegra 3 worth it, others are okay...
Ram management/multi tasking not very good as i expected doe proclaimed ~5x performance of Tegra2.. (Ram is 1GB, think more ram memory would have been better)
hope to see Icecream sandwich update improves things and more games/apps taking advantage of this hardware.
wow, grats on getting ur hands on it hehehe
azzurri1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.