ASUS Transformer Prime

Like Tree50Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #181
elu
Arch-Supremacy Member

Official SG launch date: 12th January 2012.

Sauce: Asus FB page.
elu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #182

Hi, any idea how much it will cost in SG?

Thanks!
plthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #183
Master Member

From a Taiwan reseller, 800SGD when i pre ordered and paid full in late november and waited...=.=; then another 50+SGD for GST
got it before christmas, so that was great.

Don't think got international warranty.... my game consoles, my current CPU processor, all my phones and this my first tablet all I buy online, no far none spoilt, least for 3~5 years gadgets/TVs/PC stuffs I keep before selling/giving off.

Power adapter is US type, seller, provided adapter. local units will have likely come with Euro type. (2 Pins, Live/Neutral)
I have 3rd party adapter too, but so far, I only carry the tablet around and back home least 30+% left, most time browsing web, PDF Documents, shoot email, some THD gaming... and "Where is my water?" game
(phone telhering).

my review:
if your want something different from iPAD2, this is the thing, but better screen, hardware IO support, watching 1080p videos from PC w/o any conversion kicks ass.
Games, so far visually/graphically only ShadowGun THD seems to make tegra 3 worth it, others are okay...
Ram management/multi tasking not very good as i expected doe proclaimed ~5x performance of Tegra2.. (Ram is 1GB, think more ram memory would have been better)
hope to see Icecream sandwich update improves things and more games/apps taking advantage of this hardware.
wow...cant wait for TFT in 2 weeks time from mow is SGP
kyleongwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #184
Supremacy Member

I also want to know the price.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #185
Supremacy Member

Use travel router.. alot brands have..
would a usb lan work as well ?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #186
Kop

Any 3G dongle that works on Ice cream sandwich?
Kop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #187

I found a US site that offer TF201 and has international shipping :
calculated cost inclusive of UPS shipping is : USD 548 or SGD 720

B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Anyone has tried it before?
i have tried this site a couple of years back. this is quite a good reputed store in the US, so one can bank on them and place the orders. I spoke to some relatives in the US and they confirmed that these guys have proper stores in NY area.
biala0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #188

i have tried this site a couple of years back. this is quite a good reputed store in the US, so one can bank on them and place the orders. I spoke to some relatives in the US and they confirmed that these guys have proper stores in NY area.
I believe they are a good and responsible store, the only problem for me is that they accepted the Pre-Order for Asus Prime very readily but was unable to fulfill all the pre-orders.

From the original release date of 19th Dec, alot of the pre-orders were pushed to Jan.

I don't think its entirely their fault( though they could have been more pro-active like the other retailers to secure more stock).
azzurri1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #189
Supremacy Member

Hello B&H is a reputable bricks and mortar shop chain in US as well as online store... many people buy photography equipment from them... so yeah, you can trust them but if you have been keeping track, the Transformer Prime has not yet reached full supply yet. Expect it to be readily available only in Feb I would say...
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #190
Supremacy Member

Any 3G dongle that works on Ice cream sandwich?
Provided the manufacturer bothers to write drivers to support the USB 3G dongles... the Novo 7A works with any USB 3G dongle so it can't be that difficult to write the drivers... but then again, manufacturers have different priorities and releasing a 3G version might remove any incentive to write code for drivers for USB 3G dongles.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #191
High Supremacy Member

Playing PS3 emulator on the Prime

There's no PS3 emulator yet.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #192

Hi all,

I'm contemplating on either a macbook air or transformer prime for school. Currently, the transformer prime has all that I need in terms of versatility and price but what is holding me back is iWork from macbook air that offers an easy way to do up a good presentation. Any opinions on this and is there a software in android that can rival iWork in terms of having fantastic templates?
nydc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #193
High Supremacy Member

There's no PS3 emulator yet.
yah true, they are only using the ps3 controller, not playing ps3 games..
Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #194

Hi all,

I'm contemplating on either a macbook air or transformer prime for school. Currently, the transformer prime has all that I need in terms of versatility and price but what is holding me back is iWork from macbook air that offers an easy way to do up a good presentation. Any opinions on this and is there a software in android that can rival iWork in terms of having fantastic templates?
I doubt so, content creation and design is not a strong feature of the suites I've seen so far.
Fifa03fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #195

ICS on launch date
ASUS responseds to Transformer Prime locked bootloader controversy
Fifa03fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.