www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The Tablet Den (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/tablet-den-328/)
-   -   Best SP4 copycat? (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/tablet-den-328/best-sp4-copycat-5572267.html)

flee0308 23-02-2017 12:54 AM

Best SP4 copycat?
 
Lenovo Miix, Acer Aspire Switch 12 Alpha, Huawei Matebook, Asus Transformer 3 pro, Dell XPS 12 or even the Surface pro 4 itself.

Which would you get and why?

watzup_ken 25-02-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee0308 (Post 106506562)
Lenovo Miix, Acer Aspire Switch 12 Alpha, Huawei Matebook, Asus Transformer 3 pro, Dell XPS 12 or even the Surface pro 4 itself.

Which would you get and why?

I will go for Acer Switch Alpha 12. Simply because the price is very competitive and for the water cooling. For such form factor, I think the lack of fan will be good.

Firestone 25-02-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 106549237)
I will go for Acer Switch Alpha 12. Simply because the price is very competitive and for the water cooling. For such form factor, I think the lack of fan will be good.

What you pay is what you get

In this case, the in-built speaker / webcam and mic / battery life / Screen panel colours are the disappointing factors

stupidog 26-02-2017 12:54 AM

what about Lenovo Miix 510 ? saw reviews quite ok luh.

but then heavier than SP4

chrisvin 26-02-2017 06:29 AM

I would go for Lenovo, think also got the more exp models tat comes with LTE; but still more worth then MS SP4 :)

watzup_ken 26-02-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 106551509)
What you pay is what you get

In this case, the in-built speaker / webcam and mic / battery life / Screen panel colours are the disappointing factors

Are these your observation or based on some reviews? I've looked at the screen, and to be honest, it looks fine. Some reviews claim that the screen is good, while there are some that are claiming otherwise. Therefore, I think it is best to check it personally.

As for speaker and webcam, typically these are poor regardless of tablets. Battery life is something that I am aware, but from what I read, MS Surface Pro 4 don't do much better.

watzup_ken 26-02-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisvin (Post 106562477)
I would go for Lenovo, think also got the more exp models tat comes with LTE; but still more worth then MS SP4 :)

I feel LTE is not a good thing to have on a Windows tablet. I have not explored Win 10 thoroughly, but if we are not able to restrict what gets to use the data, one Windows update may potentially cause us to exceed the data usage.

Firestone 26-02-2017 10:33 PM

My sis is using the device
That's our general observation

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 106562785)
Are these your observation or based on some reviews? I've looked at the screen, and to be honest, it looks fine. Some reviews claim that the screen is good, while there are some that are claiming otherwise. Therefore, I think it is best to check it personally.

As for speaker and webcam, typically these are poor regardless of tablets. Battery life is something that I am aware, but from what I read, MS Surface Pro 4 don't do much better.


Firestone 26-02-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 106562797)
I feel LTE is not a good thing to have on a Windows tablet. I have not explored Win 10 thoroughly, but if we are not able to restrict what gets to use the data, one Windows update may potentially cause us to exceed the data usage.

I forgot to change it to metric settings when I used hotspot with windows 10

Ended up have to pay additional $70
In 1 hour time, win 10 downloaded 10 gb of updates 😑

Firestone 26-02-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupidog (Post 106560488)
what about Lenovo Miix 510 ? saw reviews quite ok luh.

but then heavier than SP4

I went challenger to play with the device, coz I'm looking for a device with LTE... pressed the screen, it kinda flexed. Not sure whether it's glass or plastic

watzup_ken 27-02-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 106577086)
I forgot to change it to metric settings when I used hotspot with windows 10

Ended up have to pay additional $70
In 1 hour time, win 10 downloaded 10 gb of updates 😑

Precisely the point. Windows has never been mobile friendly. Therefore, the updates are generally very big in size. Most big updates on iOS and Android sits around 1+GB based on my observation. This is usually not the case for Windows OS.

stupidog 28-02-2017 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 106577118)
I went challenger to play with the device, coz I'm looking for a device with LTE... pressed the screen, it kinda flexed. Not sure whether it's glass or plastic

aiyooo like that ah ? I haven't seen the real set yet cos those stores i went all dun have miix 510 :(

anyway my free SP4 come liao....no need to buy miix 510 liao :D=:p

now only need to buy a type cover but 199 damn heart pain :vijayadmin:

Firestone 28-02-2017 11:07 AM

I saw the set at challenger causeway point

I'm thinking of getting the surface pro 5 if it comes with LTE
No need to buy type cover coz I'm going to use Logitech k810 instead :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by stupidog (Post 106601126)
aiyooo like that ah ? I haven't seen the real set yet cos those stores i went all dun have miix 510 :(

anyway my free SP4 come liao....no need to buy miix 510 liao :D=:p

now only need to buy a type cover but 199 damn heart pain :vijayadmin:


stupidog 02-03-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestone (Post 106605767)
I saw the set at challenger causeway point

I'm thinking of getting the surface pro 5 if it comes with LTE
No need to buy type cover coz I'm going to use Logitech k810 instead :)

i got k810 but then i can't bring out to use mah abit weird.

muhammad007 02-03-2017 12:27 PM

How about HP x2 Detachable?
Anyone has this?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.