Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

ykeen

Reaction score
I could no longer charge my Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet and is thinking of replacing the battery. Anyone has done that before in Spore? I called a shop I found on thw interest and they must order the battery into Spore. I can also order and change myself. Would like to get it change faster by going to a local source with available replacement battery.

Order battery online and change lor. Meanwhile temporarily use battery bank or wall adapter to power it?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Ordered a replacement battery from eBay for about 30sgd. See whether it is the correct one. Very confusing as Google Nexus and Asus Nexus are deemed the same thing for spare parts. Hoping it is not due to the usb charging port.

Order battery online and change lor. Meanwhile temporarily use battery bank or wall adapter to power it?

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
i love this tablet so much i bought a spare to prepare for when my main one dies. can't find a tablet which suits my needs like this one

stepfen

Reaction score
Can you share the link where u ordered the replacement battery? And how do u intend to install the new battery?
My set's battery can't hold charge for long, so suspecting a new battery would do the trick.
Ordered a replacement battery from eBay for about 30sgd. See whether it is the correct one. Very confusing as Google Nexus and Asus Nexus are deemed the same thing for spare parts. Hoping it is not due to the usb charging port.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am allowed to put the link here. I suggest you go to ebay and look for seller 100digi using keyword like google nexus 7 battery. The seller is listed as HK but most probably in China.

The battery has not arrived yet so I have not tried changing it. You can google video and it is pretty easy with the right tool. From what I saw from online video it is the same way that I changed the battery for my Samsung Tab S (first generation). When I bought the replacement battery for my Samsung it came with some tools that is useful to pry open the tablet.

So even if this ebay seller dun provide me with the tools I still have the Samsung ones. It would be slightly more difficult if you dun have the right tool. Watch online video and you would understand what I meant.

My samsung also did not hold the charge for long. A fresh replacement battery and it is as good as new now. I gotten so frustrated with it earlier that I threw it one side for almost a year. This nexus tablet is my son tablet. If I can't fix it I may buy either a MiPad3 or Nvidia Shield K1 or even Ipad Mini if he surprises me with his mid-year exam.

:)

Can you share the link where u ordered the replacement battery? And how do u intend to install the new battery?
My set's battery can't hold charge for long, so suspecting a new battery would do the trick.

Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
My replacement battery arrived nearly after 3 weeks. Despite the seller listed as located in China, the battery was mailed out of Turkey. Changing the battery was not difficult. Half an hour work. However I could not charge the tablet. Looked like it is the usb port failure more than the battery itself.

Anyway I bought another tablet for my son. This baby will be consigned to the dustbin.

ykeen

Reaction score
My replacement battery arrived nearly after 3 weeks. Despite the seller listed as located in China, the battery was mailed out of Turkey. Changing the battery was not difficult. Half an hour work. However I could not charge the tablet. Looked like it is the usb port failure more than the battery itself.

Anyway I bought another tablet for my son. This baby will be consigned to the dustbin.

well the usb port and ribbon can be replaced.. if you wish to..

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score

Can do Wireless charging?btw u hav the link to order the batt?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend the seller I bought from in Ebay. The seller claimed he is from China but the battery was shipped out of Turkey.

You can look at Ebay for other sellers. Need to check the review carefully. Just search for google nexus 7 battery. Note that asus nexus 7 will come up in the search. I believe they uses the same battery. Check to make sure the right battery is selected.

Can do Wireless charging?btw u hav the link to order the batt?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Took the tablet to office to test it on my colleague wireless charger. It charges. So issue is with the charging port not the battery.

Sian.

Should have tried that before ordering a replacement battery.....:s13:

Can do Wireless charging?

ykeen

Reaction score
Took the tablet to office to test it on my colleague wireless charger. It charges. So issue is with the charging port not the battery.

Sian.

Should have tried that before ordering a replacement battery.....:s13:

I got like spare wireless charger (brand new) lying around.. sell u for 10 bux? :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.