HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lenovo Miix 720 looks like a strong competitor for Surface Pro 4

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2017, 08:52 AM   #31

I agree that it is a finger print magnet, especially with the glossy front screen.
The fan does spin up with light usage and at full speed, I think the max temp it recorded was around 86 to 89 degs. I think it is probably common for a thin hybrid.
Battery is somewhat erratic. Based on my observation over few months of usage, the battery at times drop very slowly, while sometimes it will deplete quite fast. For example, I was using it for like 30 mins surfing net and listening to music at about 30% volume, the battery only dropped about 5%. However today when I used it just for surfing net and while it is not fully charged from previous usage, it dropped from 95% to about 78% in 30 mins or slightly longer.
Accessories wise, it is true that you can't find things like screen protector. I got one for Miix 520 and it is slightly wider, just very slightly because its 12 vs 12.2 inches. Charger wise, most USB Type C charger supplies only 15W of power to the device, so there may not be sufficient power being supplied to it. I am using a Choetech Type C charger on my 720, but it is slowly losing power. I managed to get a Type C USB 3.1 to HDMI Adapter Charging Port from Lazada for below 20 bucks and it works great.
Li-ion Battery aging? Personally think Lenovo battery quite poor compare to IBM thinkpad days.
forests_gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you want a operating system. Microsoft is fine.
Not for hardware. Windows handphone is one good example.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Li-ion Battery aging? Personally think Lenovo battery quite poor compare to IBM thinkpad days.
Can't age that much in a day man. Haha. The example I gave is actually only one day away. I suspect it could be that I normally shut it down when it shows 100% charged. But actually it is not fully charged. This is also something that I observed on mobile phones where it shows 100% charged, the portable battery is still supplying power to it for quite a long time before it cut off completely.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.