Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the set from atrix is not tab4 8 plus (TB-8704F), it is xiaoxin tab (TB-8804F) that is installed with tab4 8 plus firmware. The headphone jack sound is horible, maybe due to the driver not correct.

i happened to purchase one.

tio skem :vijayadmin:

where can i download original xiaoxin china rom and flash it? very skeptical on this!

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got a new set lenovo tab 4 plus 8
4gb ram 64gb
white
full box and back cover from leneovo

letting go at $400 net - no neg.

pm - i can throw in some freebie

bro... u sell $400 nett... ppl can buy from qoo10 on official lenovo store (which is selling $449) + $50 qoo10 cart coupon + $12 discount from $400 worth of gift card will only cost u $387... only thing is currently only got black version...

regards,
wacky

merlot6230

Reaction score
bro... u sell $400 nett... ppl can buy from qoo10 on official lenovo store (which is selling $449) + $50 qoo10 cart coupon + $12 discount from $400 worth of gift card will only cost u $387... only thing is currently only got black version...

regards,
wacky

well i can't stop them from buying from qq indeed.

i m throwing flip cover navy blue ($28) and back cover $18 from the store.

lucky mine is white version...hhaaa, hope that my unque selling point lor

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find a physical set to hands on?

Like major stores like best denki, Harvey Norman etc?

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find a physical set to hands on?

Like major stores like best denki, Harvey Norman etc?

the lenovo add-on shop at bugis junction got... got both 8" and 10" ones... i just went down last sat to check out...

regards,
wacky

alan_shearer

Reaction score
the lenovo add-on shop at bugis junction got... got both 8" and 10" ones... i just went down last sat to check out...

regards,
wacky

thanks bro....was at Best Denki Clementi Mall (not a very big outlet) just now but they didnt have....

bobaccord

Reaction score
can elaborate? I tot specs wise it's better than s2 leh... or did I miss out something?
Specs wise S2 still better.. furthermore, the super Amoled display, the smoother touch experience, the S pen, the dual screen.. I hv a 9.7" S2. I let my wife use.. after a while she doesn't want me to touch it..

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Andy_lim

Reaction score
Other than the below issue, so far it is working fine.

1) Youtube version is very old and google is mark it unsafe.
2) Smartnote is also mark as unsafe, dunno what it is.
3) Keep on asking for update, which will failed after download and install.
4) Headphone jack issue with the sound. cannot hear clearly on conversation from headphone jack.

The spec wise is good, just have above issue. I am more happy if they give us the original firmware(without google store).

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For almost 1/3 of what Lenovo is charging here.. I'll say it's pretty worthwhile

hotpick

Reaction score
The xda guy encountered similiar issue- out dated youtube- he replaced with the newer one, OTA failed- system recovery image is 8804_PRC while OTA push is 8704_ROW..

For android, what security level can be expected and rooted some more..although its security feature has been improved over version upgrade..but just has to be realistic - price vs all concerns..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/th...x704l-f-tb-t3664407/post75335086#post75335086

Quoted from the XDA expert
"
System Updates (OTA)
In order to successfully apply Lenovo system updates after root you have to restore the original boot, recovery (if you flashed TWRP) and system partitions from your current installed version (e.g. S000037) for your variant of the tablet. This will NOT delete your apps and data but will unroot. Note that OTAs are block based and always check the contents of most of the partitions. This means that all of these partitions (except your data) have to be original and have to be on the exact same version (e.g. S000037) for the update to succeed.
"

Last edited:

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
Other than the below issue, so far it is working fine.

1) Youtube version is very old and google is mark it unsafe.
2) Smartnote is also mark as unsafe, dunno what it is.
3) Keep on asking for update, which will failed after download and install.
4) Headphone jack issue with the sound. cannot hear clearly on conversation from headphone jack.

The spec wise is good, just have above issue. I am more happy if they give us the original firmware(without google store).
Thanks for the details. Headphone audio problem will be a deal killer for me, think maybe I will cancel the order, may I know how bad is it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.